Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fans' Forum needs your input

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Your caring and ever-energetic Fans' Forum has been active on a number of fronts recently, and needs the input of typical (?) supporters such as yourselves:

1) Gary Davenport from the Fans' Forum will be shadowing Dave Archer, Commercial Centre Manager, at Tuesday's home game with Bristol Rovers. These shadowing exercises are designed to give fans an insight into what really goes on behind the scenes (especially on a match day), and Gary will report back to you afterwards. To make the most of this opportunity, we would like to know the kinds of things you might want to ask of Dave. Specific questions, please, relating to the operation of the Commercial Centre (and can we ask that you get the 'humourous' questions out of your system as quickly as possible). We will then try to ensure that you get sensible and honest answers

2) The Fans' Forum has been provided with an insight into some draft proposals from the Club about away ticket allocation. While we are not a liberty to share the exact details (as these are still being discussed within the Club), we would like your views about how the current allocation and priority process could be improved. Most of the Fans' Forum members will be at the Yeovil match, so why not try to have a word with any of us and express your thoughts? If you are not sure who we are, please go to www.charltonfansforum.co.uk where you can find some less-than-flattering mug-shots

3) A reminder that the Q+A with Richard Murray takes place on Thursday 26th at The Valley, and some tickets are still available. Please e -mail cafcfansforum@googlemail.com to secure your place. Feel free to provide questions for Richard ahead of the meeting if you feel that would help to get your thoughts expressed more clearly

Hope that makes sense. We look forward to hearing from you .... just need to get through the wave of jokes first.

:-)

Comments

• Options
    I personally think the away ticketing is fair enough. You are always going to get people that like a moan/are unhappy with how it's done, 9/10 you'll be able to get a ticket for the game anyway.
  • Options
    we would like your views about how the current allocation and priority process could be improved

I think the current system - whereby those with away match form/ST holders getting first priority is fair and pretty transparent. At this level there'll be quite a few away matches were the number of tickets available will be heavily restricted and it's right that those who have been to away games previously get first call.
  • Options
    Away ticket arrangements are the best the club has ever had in place. Those that go away get first dibs, so that seems fair to me.
  • Options
    On the away ticketing I think a points system would be an improvement even if it would make it more difficult to manage.

So games like Orient and Gillingham are worth 1 point and Carlisle are worth 5.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]On the away ticketing I think a points system would be an improvement even if it would make it more difficult to manage.

What about if you live up north? You'd get 5 'Southern' games for the price of one ;-)
  • Options
    The point system definitely needs to be implemented, definitely the fairest way to do it.

Secondly there needs to be a better system in place whereby away tickets are attached to each ticket holders red card, thereby allowing the benefit of having gone to the away game to be tracked individually, making it much easier when it comes to later games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]On the away ticketing I think a points system would be an improvement even if it would make it more difficult to manage.

What about if you live up north? You'd get 5 'Southern' games for the price of one ;-)

LOL but no the points system is the same regardless of where you live.
  • Options
    I think the Club are on the right track more or less.

A balance has to be struck between acknowledging regular away travellers and those who have committed "up front" via season tickets, regardless of how often they travel, or pay extra via Valley Gold.

If there is no recognition for ST holders what incentive (other than not having the hassle of buying tickets and love of the Club) is there for them to make the financial commitment?
  • Options
    I think away tickets should be done like they are at a lot of other clubs, on a points scheme.

Every member has a membership number (Red Card No. for example), which must be taken for all bookings.

Either keep it simple.

A Season ticket gets you 24 points (number of league home games!?!)
    Home game = 1 point, for non-season ticket holders
    Away game = 2 points, for season tickets holder and non-season ticket holder.

Or like Spurs for example (this might not be entirely accurate)

Season ticket gets you 20 points
    Home home gets you 1 point for non-season ticket holder
    Away game gets you between 1 and 5 points, depending on the game (this has to be specified beforehand)

Arsenal (a) = 1 point
    Villa (a) on a sat = 2 points
    Wolves (a) midweek = 3 points
    Bolton (a) on a Sat = 4 points
    Burnley (a) midweek = 5 points

You get the idea.

There is a constant league table of points and away tickets are distributed on that basis. EASY

Season tickets holders are rewarded, but away travel is also rewarded even if your not a seaosn ticket holder.

The points carry over each year, but on the 3rd year, the first years points you accumulated drop off. this rewadrs loing time loyalty (more than one season) but means new supporters can still get a chance to compete.

What do people think? A very similar scheme works very well for the England supporters club.
  • Options
    Yeah do the points scheme.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nectar points.
  • Options
    How with a points system do you acknowledge people who have been to games with tickets bought by someone else?

I don't know but if you can resolve that then you have to give weight to people who go to home games because they provide the club's revenue; perhaps for the current season so far:

- 1 point for each home game, plus
    - 1 point for each sold out away game, plus
    - 3 points for each away game that didn't sell out.
  • Options
    The system is fine as it is, except the ticket office staff need to ensure that they are recording the sales against the respective CON numbers.
    If they did this every time there is no issue. You also need to be able to do this yourself if you are buying online.

I Regularly buy for up to 6 people, either at the ticket office, by phone or online and it is virtually impossible to get the CON numbers recorded correctly on every occasion.

That is all that needs doing IMO.
  • Options
    How about having a system online where you can track your history and see if they actually do record it on your CON number even though they say they do
  • Options
    Agree with points to help those who are non-ST but regular away supporters (esp. for any play-off allocation). For example I would have had a good enough away record to be in the first tranch of Brighton tickets but as a non-ST holder I have to wait until general sale.
    I like the idea of a rolling 3 season tally too - but how about higher points for watching in a lower division ;-)
  • Options
    How about bringing back an away season ticket, with, say, the option to miss three or four games for work/family/holidays?

How about bringing back 'long term' season tickets, say, 3/5/10 years again?

How about bringing back a fans Director?