Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Why is it .....?

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
.... that no-one has given BDL grief yet this week for failing to announce Sam Sodje last weekend?

Mind you, bearing in mind that Sodje scored and generally played a very good game, maybe it's a worthwhile tactic for future matches?

Anyway, we still love you, Dave. I don't think anyone noticed.

Comments

• Options
    He had a 'you don't know what you're doing' text from me within minutes

I promptly got told to 'bog off' !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]He had a 'you don't know what you're doing' text from me within minutes

I promptly got told to 'bog off' !!

Was going to do the same but realised that it was the big screen that went wrong not BDL
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited November 2009
    You did Dan. I did Dan!! Suppose I was owed that one.

The microphone failed when I was announcing the team and then started to cut out, during the subs. New batteries were found (!) and it worked for the rest of the game. First time it's happened (hopefully the last) and I wanted the ground to open up and swallow me. To be fair it is the same mike that we had back in BC's days - So it is a little old! We'll have a spare available in future - just in case.

As for Sodje's goal, I seem to recall hearing myself on the Football league show announcing the scorer!
  • Options
    Well you learn something new every day.

I never knew Dave used a mike :-)
  • Options
    Nah - I reckon he just got it wrong and froze with horror...