Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What ever happened to white dog shit?

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Listen, i belong to that generation, who as kids was allowed to wander far and wide (well MOST OF Eltham/Lee..) in pursuit of fun and adventure. I seem to remember white dog shit everywhere. Where is it now ?

It is very very puzzling.......

By the way, well done the 10 man Addicks !

Comments

• Options
    Dogs aren't fed calcium enriched biscuits anymore. Simples.
  • Options
    The disappearance of white dog poo is down to what dogs eat these days.

White dog poop is the calcium left behind as the water evaporates, and the 'organic' components of the poop are consumed (in various ways) leaving the inorganic stuff behind.

But nowadays dogs don't eat as much bone as they used to, including bone meal. Also, tighter regulation on dogs crapping on pavements means that turds don't hang around for years in public places like they used to, giving them less opportunity to dry out and turn white.

There's loads left in Gillingham however.
  • Options
    Hahahaha brilliant
  • Options
    One of the few thread titles that has made me laugh out loud...brilliant
  • Options
    Quality thread title and some quality answers!
  • Options
    LOL, brilliant question Soapy, ha ha

It was always baked hard and brittle in the summer sun.
    You know, they just don't make dog shit like they used to.
  • Options
    you used tyo be able to go to the local butchers and buy bones for 50p which the dog would chew and then bury in the garden.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]you used tyo be able to go to the local butchers and buy bones for 50p which the dog would chew and then bury in the garden.

You can't do that now??

It's been a while since I've had a dog.
  • Options
    They put a red & blue stripe on them, and a club in surrey use them
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]you used tyo be able to go to the local butchers and buy bones for 50p which the dog would chew and then bury in the garden.

What the 50P???
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    According to the Daily Mail it is all the fault of immigrants. The Daily Express has linked it to the death of Princess Diana and Jeremy Clarkson says that Gordon Brown has stolen them all...
  • Options
    LOL!

Stig & Ashtray - How on earth did you become experts on dig shit?!.....Any other animal faeces of interest?