Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WOW that was wet

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Just arrived back in Kent from a rain soaked afternoon good club, good fans, lovely part of the world just wish it had been a bit nicer weather wise could have seen some of the town too. All in all i had fun but probly wont later this week when i get a cold :-) others views who were at Huish Park?

Comments

• Options
    got a soft spot for yeovil now for some reason
  • Options
    lol same
  • Options
    Took spare shirt & Jeans with me on the CLIT.............
    How Mrs MOG laughed yesterday morning......................

(Oh, and had to put up with ColinWalsh'sLoveChilds legs all the way home.............)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Took spare shirt & Jeans with me on the CLIT.............
    How Mrs MOG laughed yesterday morning......................

(Oh, and had to put up with ColinWalsh'sLoveChilds legs all the way home.............)

Stayed with a mate in Deptford the night before so luckly had spare clothes on coach to change into but jesus i have never seen rain like that before.
  • Options
    Well done you brave (foolhardy?) lot who put up with that! It rained here for about an hour last night, but at least we were looking at it through the pub window...

Cracking goal from Soje Mk.II
  • Options
    Couldn't see it Algarve.................
    ;-)
  • Options
    That bad eh P? Trust me, it was a good 'un...
  • Options
    It was a good hit i got a proper look at it on the Football league show as missed it and everything else at the time.
  • Options
    I think that I have got trench foot ....
  • Options
    I got up to go to the loo in the night in the dark and walked into my wet coat hanging up! Urgh, its still dripping and I have a maaive bruise on my arm where I jumped back onto the door frame in shock! :-(
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who's suffering today ?
    (and I don't mean "Hangover/Self inflicted" Suffering............)
  • Options
    Im ok feeling wise just tired.
  • Options
    I was a total mess last night an absolute disgrace.I feel a lot better than i did when i woke up though :)
  • Options
    Do you Remember last night..................?
  • Options
    My coat is still soaking in places, did the whole of the Atlantic come down or something?
  • Options
    Same i still got wet clothes drying out on the radiators.
  • Options
    my teeth were doing that awful chattering thing on the walk back where the wind was blowing through wet clothes, nasty! brilliant day tho
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Do youRememberlast night..................?

Unfortunately i do *hangs head in shame*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick1965[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Do youRememberlast night..................?

Unfortunately i do *hangs head in shame*

Go on then..........
    Explain ALL !
  • Options
    It was one of those memorable days when you just had to be there to experience it. Great fans welcomed us in their beer tent (apparently it was too windy for it the previous week!!!) Bully won the raffle and collected the winnings from Jim from Vicar of Dibley (no, no, no, seriously). All £22.50. The winner gets half - the rest goes to the club. Some prat told us there was a pitch inspection at 2.30 - then later said it was a hoax. Could barely see the game through the rain - but all the action was down our end. Hit the bar and post. Clearances boomeranging in the wind for a corner. How we didn't win I don't know. Stopped off at first available services to change into dry clothes. Back home to sunny Essex by 9.00pm.

Anyone know what happened to the chap laid out at the front of the terrace and then taken away on the stretcher? There were some good people taking their coats off to keep him warm before presumably the ambulance arrived. Hope he is ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Nothing too terrible i was just a drunken mess and was somewhat unwell on the way home....you'd think i would have learned my lesson by now....but nope :( it's not big and it's not clever
  • Options
    my eyes felt like targets in the fairground attraction thing where you fire pressurised water pistols to knock things down.

sadistically enjoyable day.
  • Options
    The local asda's did a good trade on there £4 jeans yesterday evening.
  • Options
    Hilarious day. Great match too. Wettest Charlton day since Newcastle 1983...probably wettest ever. Spent train journey home with no socks on. Do think that those who sat back on the coaches in the 2nd half should be court-martialled for cowardice though.....
  • Options
    We were Drying out & could see the middle 3/4's of the pitch............
    ;-)

(Oh, and also drank someones wine..........)
  • Options
    I just got on any random coach at h/t to try and get dry a little bit, didnt work
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]We were Drying out & could see the middle 3/4's of the pitch............
    ;-)

(Oh, and also drank someones wine..........)

MOG - I would keep that quiet mate cos Les Berry's Tash is still looking to scalp someone for stealing his wine :-)
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Its okay.........someone drank my Beer on the way Home.........
    ;-)

(Edit: & who is "Falconwood1" ?).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Its okay.........someone drank my Beer on the way Home.........
    ;-)

(Edit: & who is "Falconwood1" ?).

Yes cheers for that, the beer was a life saver.

Falconwood1 - bald fat bloke.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Simonsen[/cite]Hilarious day. Great match too. Wettest Charlton ...............

Do think that those who sat back on the coaches in the 2nd half should be court-martialled for cowardice though.....

Must have wished they were cosy and dry back in the East Stand. ;o)

[cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]We were Drying out & could see the middle 3/4's of the pitch............
    ;-)
    MOGgy ....... you utter WIMP!!!

;o)