Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

No Return For Curbs

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
sir alan wants to ruturn to the prem pretty quickly. yeah? well so do we!!!

Linked Here

Comments

• Options
    I agree
  • Options
    He'd be MAD to take Pompey on.
  • Options
    There's very few Prem clubs that would take him, especially in the South.

Curbs can't afford to be on the sidelines too long or he'll end up on the deadmans panel on Saturday afternoons. . . .

Whatever did happened to John Gregory!??
  • Options
    Pompey not really top ten are they
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]There's very few Prem clubs that would take him, especially in the South.

Curbs can't afford to be on the sidelines too long or he'll end up on the deadmans panel on Saturday afternoons. . . .

Whatever did happened to John Gregory!??[/quote]

Agreed, look at the Premiership table and see how many would actually take Curbishley.

I reckon the only clubs that would want him are Stoke, Burnley, Blackburn, Fulham, Birmingham, Wigan, Hull, Bolton, Wolves and Pompey.

Of those, how many would he really want to go to? Maybe only Fulham, Blackburn and Birmingham I would say.

He's just not "bling" enough for any of the "bigger" clubs as we saw at Wet Spam.
  • Options
    We dont need him at the moment getting scores like 5-1 and 4-2!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]There's very few Prem clubs that would take him, especially in the South.

Whatever did happened to John Gregory!??

Agreed, look at the Premiership table and see how many would actually take Curbishley.

I reckon the only clubs that would want him are Stoke, Burnley, Blackburn, Fulham, Birmingham, Wigan, Hull, Bolton, Wolves and Pompey.

Of those, how many would he really want to go to? Maybe only Fulham, Blackburn and Birmingham I would say.

He's just not "bling" enough for any of the "bigger" clubs as we saw at Wet Spam.

Fulham...why the hell would Fulham want Curbs....strange comment???
  • Options
    Lol Fulham have arguably one of the best managers in the prem!
  • Options
    west ham are struggling again without him. some people are easily dazzled whereas like oa says,sir alan just isn't bling.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't mean they want him now!

I was talking about the clubs that might consider him in the future when a vacancy comes up.

Things happen very fast in football, was not long ago that Coleman was being hailed as the next big thing at Fulham and then Mohamed outed him after a few bad results....
  • Options
    Think Birmingham could be a good call for Curbs tbh, McLeish may be in trouble with new owners and Curbs did play for them so maybe fans would be in favour of him.
    Fulham aren't going to be gettting rif of Hodgson anytime soon and he would be mad to go to Pompey
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Think Birmingham could be a good call for Curbs tbh, McLeish may be in trouble with new owners and Curbs did play for them so maybe fans would be in favour of him.
    Fulham aren't going to be gettting rif of Hodgson anytime soon and he would be mad to go to Pompey[/quote]

Agreed, but things change so, so fast in football.

How long ago was it that Hodgson - a very good manager - was being called a duffer and getting the sack at Blackburn? He could not get another job in England until he did well again overseas.

Now, since his very solid job at Fulham he is getting talked about as maybe the next England boss!!!

The truth is that if Fulham lost a couple of players through the transfer window and had injuries and started a slump that looked like it might take them down then Mohamed would pull the trigger with no hesitation.

It is amazing how quickly things change and how a manager goes from being a hero to villain.

Just look at Pardew, by November 2007 we second in the league and he was flavor of the month but within a season he had been sacked and is now our most hated ex-manager.
  • Options
    Fancy Curbs for Birmingham once they sack Mcleish. Used to play for them and plenty of money to spend to turn them into a top 10 side if spent wisely easy.
  • Options
    Hes always had a soft spot for Birmingham and also considers that the place he played his best football.......

Id love to see him back in the game and doing well...

Alan Curbishley I like you ...