Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Need Some Help?

edited November 2009 in Not Sports Related
Ok here's the deal, I am at uni and in some of my lectures there is a girl who I quite like even though I have never spoke to her (having watched a lot of Peep Show on 4od I think she is the one lol). Therefore I am wondering if anyone has any tips of how I could approach her and what to say without making myself look like a complete pillock!

Comments

• Options
    Just go for it and make up something on the spot
  • Options
    Show her your sense of humour - tell her you're a Charlton fan!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Ok here's the deal, I am at uni and in some of my lectures there is a girl who I quite like even though I have never spoke to her (having watched a lot of Peep Show on 4od I think she is the one lol). Therefore I am wondering if anyone has any tips of how I could approach her and what to say without making myself look like a complete pillock!

Best way is to chat with her at a party or something - just wandering up to her after a lecture might be a bit weird, and she'll know you fancy her straight away (never good imo). Find out her name (someone you know will know her if you share lectures) - Look her up on Facebook (she'll be in your Uni network so you should be able to see her account) - Check her Events and find a house party/club night or something she's going to - Get an invite (should be easy, especially if you're a first year) - Have a few drinks (to relax, not to get wasted) - Go find her and find a reason to say hi! ("you do history/english/whatever, right?", etc etc)

Simples. I'm not a stalker, honest.
  • Options
    difficult situation! just start sitting by her in lectures and hope for the best ;)

what uni you go to out of interest?
  • Options
    Ask her if she would like to go to the cinema or dinner or something (and you have to pay for it all)
  • Options
    Si has hit nail on head... you will bump into her out, you always bump into at least half a dozen familiar faces by complete accident on a uni night out, it's just the bubble environment
  • Options
    Stop fannying around and just ask her for a drink. If she says yes, then you could be on to a winner; if she say's no then you can forget all the angst and worry and move on.
  • Options
    What you should do is find out where she lives and go round there the night before bin day and go through her rubbish. That way you'll find out what she's into and do some research to aid conversation.

For example, you might find she likes Findus Crispy Pancakes (quite likely as she's a student), then you could open a conversation like; "Christ, I had crispy pancakes last night and they've given me awful flatulance".