Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

saturday..

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
I've seen the goals but was looking at bbc minute by minute text commentary through the game, did we really batter them second half like it made out so on the text?

Comments

• Options
    Yes we did. Ikeme must've had about 3 touches all 2nd half and that is not an exageration.
  • Options
    cheers mate. so gutted we didn't get all 3?
  • Options
    Batter them? Yeovil hardly got out of their own half in the 2nd half.

We played a virtual 2-5-2 formation and you had to be there to see the attitude, commitment and sometimes quality of our play in atrocious conditions.

Their keeper was MOM, he kept them in the game single handed with a string of saves and a lot of luck.
    Goal disallowed, hit the post, bar and shots cleared off the line. Should have won by 3 goals.

Anyway read the post-match comments thread. It's all on there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]We played a virtual 2-5-2 formation and you had to be there to see the attitude, commitment and sometimes quality of our play in atrocious conditions.

I've now read that we played 4-4-2, 2-5-2 and 2-3-4 all in the same game. Who said we haven't got a plan B? :)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]We played a virtual 2-5-2 formation and you had to be there to see the attitude, commitment and sometimes quality of our play in atrocious conditions.

I've now read that we played 4-4-2, 2-5-2 and 2-3-4 all in the same game. Who said we haven't got a plan B? :)

lol, Dabos!

We started the game 4-4-2, and finished the 1st half 4-4-1 (you forgot that one!).

Started 2nd half with Akpo on alongside Burton, always 2 up front, 5 in midfield, just Llera and Dailly at the back.

But with the both our full backs playing as wingers, Sam running mazy patterns freely around their goaline and edge of the box, Llera charging through the middle at every opportunity, and Bailey just everywhere - you'll have to hazard a guess which formation that was!