Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan Players to repaid

fans who travelled to yetsrday game at Spurs. Players will refund all those that travelled thier match ticket cost.

Comments

• Shame ours didn't do that for those that went to Northwich
  • That'll come to about £300-400 then, including covering their mini-bus hire.
  • Tit Bramble is back to his old ways.
  • I heard Wigan's goal may have been hand-ball. And, because of that, they're considering offering to replay the game.
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]That'll come to about £300-400 then, including covering their mini-bus hire.
    JB, do you know any fans who missed the game ?! Especially if it was a feeble excuse.
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]That'll come to about £300-400 then, including covering their mini-bus hire.
    JB, do you know any fans who missed the game ?! Especially if it was a feeble excuse.

Unfortunately, both myself and a mate missed the game yesterday despite having tickets. I've spent the last week and a half in bed with swine flu so there was no way I could justify going after taking a week sick from work, and my mate has been suffering with an inflamed bowel, so we both gave up our tickets and I sold them on to my boss' husband late on Friday afternoon, thinking it would be a bog standard 1 or 2-0 home win. That will teach us eh? I've seen Spurs hit seven twice before and thought I was blessed...but no. That will never happen again in my entire lifetime but thats life - just sums up what rotten luck I've had in the last two years.

Our Carling Cup tickets for OT away next week turned up today so at least have a nice trip to look forward to.
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]That'll come to about £300-400 then, including covering their mini-bus hire.

Someone must have had a bar mitzvah?!? ;-)
  • did you see how few Wigan had there yesterday?

players obviously saw that and decided they could get some free and very cheap publicity!
  • [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]

Unfortunately, both myself and a mate missed the game yesterday despite having tickets. I've spent the last week and a half in bed with swine flu so there was no way I could justify going after taking a week sick from work, and my mate has been suffering with an inflamed bowel, so we both gave up our tickets and I sold them on to my boss' husband late on Friday afternoon, thinking it would be a bog standard 1 or 2-0 home win. That will teach us eh? I've seen Spurs hit seven twice before and thought I was blessed...but no. That will never happen again in my entire lifetime but thats life - just sums up what rotten luck I've had in the last two years.

Our Carling Cup tickets for OT away next week turned up today so at least have a nice trip to look forward to.

That sucks mate. I watched the highlights on MOTD2 last night. It appeared as though it could have easily been 19-1.
  • edited November 2009
    Shows what I know about football, when Wigan pulled the goal back I thought to myself that spurs may pay for the hatfull of missed chances in the first half....
  • Sponsored links:

• Who's Wigan's left back ? He had an absolute mare!
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Genesis[/cite]Who's Wigan's left back ? He had an absolute mare!

Edman ? on his first game back from injury. But you're right all 9 Spurs goals came from the right side of the pitch !
  • Edman i think, the bloke marking Lennon. He got torn to pieces.
  • [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Shows what I know about football, when Wigan pulled the goal back I thought to myself that spurs may pay for the hatfull of missed chances in the first half....

You wasnt the only person thinking that I can assure you.
    Yes, Edman. Bless him. Didnt really do much in a Spurs shirt other than score an absolute cracker against Liverpool at Anfield and spend the majority of the season on the treatment table after suffering the longest bout of concussion in history.
  • At 3-1 there must have been nervy Spurs fans, obviously Defoe did the business but with Spurs record of 3-0 leads you never know! Saying that at 4-1 against MK Dons, I was a little worried about a comeback!
  • [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]I heard Wigan's goal may have been hand-ball. And, because of that, they're considering offering to replay the game.

Haha! Very generous of them.

Good PR from Wigan players, but it hardly makes much of a dent in their pockets. If they also gave back their weeks' wages, then that might be something. Unless I forgot to read that bit of the report.
  • The Wigan left back is usually Figueroa who's apparently on his way to Sunderland in January. I think it's fair to say he won't struggle to get his place back in the Wigan side after Edman's display!!
  • I do remember that Edman goal against Liverpool. Like a laser into the top corner, proper screamer.
  • Could i get money backdated for all the crap Charlton performances i've watched over the years?

Just think i could retire :)