Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brighton Away

Where's everyone drinking,anyone goin early doors ?

Comments

• Options
    no one going then looks like me and Mr D on our own.
  • Options
    I'll be going straight from work mate so I doubt i'll have time for a drink.

I'll have a lift back to Dartford though if you're going that way.
  • Options
    Those with time to spare should head into Brighton for a beer, rather than getting off at Preston Park.

I'd recommend several station pubs, such as The Evening Star, The Battle of Trafalgar or the Nelson.

Those with less time, getting off at Preston Park, there is a pub at the ground called The Sportsman which gets really busy, or The Station at the opposite exit of PP station from the ground, which does a decent pint of ale.

The good thing is that you have the pick of the pubs and don't have to avoid any as you'll be welcomed with open arms.
  • Options
    I booked my tickets today mate, unsure what time i will be getting there but keep me posted as if i have time will pop in for a quick one and say hi

Gotta wait for my cousin to finish work then pop round mine so unlikely but we will see.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Those with time to spare should head into Brighton for a beer, rather than getting off at Preston Park.

I'd recommend several station pubs, such as The Evening Star, The Battle of Trafalgar or the Nelson.

Those with less time, getting off at Preston Park, there is a pub at the ground called The Sportsman which gets really busy, or The Station at the opposite exit of PP station from the ground, which does a decent pint of ale.

The good thing is that you have the pick of the pubs and don't have to avoid any as you'll be welcomed with open arms.

You're not wrong there mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'll be going straight from work mate so I doubt i'll have time for a drink.

going on the train mate
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]I'll be going straight from work mate so I doubt i'll have time for a drink.

going on the train mate

What time does your train get back into London? Just thinking whether ill be back before the last train leaves for Bexleyheath if i go via train!
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2009
    You'd have to get the 22.11 from Preston Park which gets to London Bridge at 23.17.

That's what I'm aiming for anyway.

Also getting the 17.43 from City Thameslink up there.

REMEMBER YOU ONLY NEED TO BUY A TICKET TO HAYWARDS HEATH AS YOU HAVE A VOUCHER ON YOUR MATCH TICKET
  • Options
    got half day and next day off. 4 of us going down
  • Options
    Got a half day and next day off too. Me and Bury Baghead are going via Coventry to pick up Thommo.
    Longest trip of the season for the Chorlton Athletic Northern Monkey supporters bus.
    Midweek 600 mile round trip. Love it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As far as I recall from the friendly last season, the bar at the ground was pretty good.
  • Options
    going on the train mate[/quote]

What time does your train get back into London? Just thinking whether ill be back before the last train leaves for Bexleyheath if i go via train![/quote]

I am heading back to Bexleyheath. Best bet if you miss it is get 1st train to Lewisham then 89 bus. Does not take long at that time of night