Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson admits Dickson could return

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4756140.Parkinson_admits_Dickson_could_return/

Comments

• Options
    I think that he can see why they've done well
  • Options
    Last week Trollope, the Brizzle R manager, spoke in some detail why he wasn't sure about signing Dicko.

And they were all the same reasons that Parky said previously about not picking him.

Dicko's out of contract in the summer, so Parky may be thinking he might as well keep him in the squad if needed.
    Saves shopping for another loan player, I suppose.
  • Options
    "Lazy, no close control, doesn't run off the ball, send him back to Charlton" were some of the many critical comments (none were positive !) about CD made by BR supporters phoning in to BBC Somerset on Saturday evening.
  • Options
    LOL!

do we want him back now we have super-A Sodje!

more seriously, I'd like Dicko back and McLeod offloaded in Jan for good if someone will take him
  • Options
    I heard those comments also Hex.
    I was quite shocked to be honest as i was under the impression we were missing out by letting him stay there!

But it got me thinking, and i have slowly changed my opinion on Dicko.
    Sodje,Mckenzie,Izale, Burton all in my opinion would start before him.
  • Options
    A lot of Bristol Rovers opinions on Dickson here

Most don't want to sign him. One claimed he spoke to a Charlton fan about Dickson, looks like he's actually copied a post I made on here!

Some seem to rate him though. Still it shows it's no clearer than it was at the start of the season when we still had him. He did have, and it seems still does have big weaknesses to his game, some are happy to let other players make up for that, others don't think it's good enough.
  • Options
    Oops! ...... where have we heard this before:

"He can't hold the ball, jump, use his left foot or pass to his own side. He is one of the
    worst technical players we have had - Duffy is a far better player.

Parkinson most be very grateful we are paying some of his wages. "
  • Options
    STRIKER Chris Dickson still hopes he can return to Charlton and salvage his career at The Valley.

The pacy forward, 24, has spent the past two months on loan at Bristol Rovers, where he has scored four goals in 10 games.

Dickson returned to SE7 on Tuesday night as the Pirates took on the Addicks, but he had to watch from the stands because the loan agreement included a clause preventing him from playing against his parent club.

The trip back to South London got Dickson thinking about his future, but first he feels he must do more for Rovers before the short-term arrangement ends on December 19.

“I’m enjoying my time in Bristol but it’s been a bit stop-start because there have been cup games which I couldn’t play in, and then there was the Charlton match which I had to watch from the sidelines,” said Dickson.

“I’m on loan until December 19 but all I’ve been told is to carry on giving my best for Rovers and then see what happens.

“As long as I’m playing football I don’t mind where I am. If I go back to Charlton and I’m in the same situation as before, where I’m not even in the squad, then frustrations will start building up again. “But if I go back and I’ve got even a chance of playing, then I’ll be happy."

For the full story and all the latest Charlton news, see Friday's South London Press
  • Options
    Better than Mcleod imo but now 5th in line at the Valley (assuming Mooney and Akpodje hang around). Don't have a problem with him coming back incase one of our 2 injury prone strikers gets injured or the loaness get recalled at short notice, as long as he stay professional - can't see him playing much though if McKenzie, Burton, Mooney and Akpodje all stay fit and available. If he's going to come back and be disruptive then farm him out again.
  • Options
    If we sign Mooney and Akpodje permanently then with those two and Burton there would be limited opportunities for Dickson.

However, there's no guarantee we will sign both or even one of them in which case with McKenzie clearly a joke due to his injury record and McCleod a joke due to his performances and attitude, I would have him back, especially as seem to be playing 4-4-2 at home at least now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would be happy for him to come back.

Maybe he's learnt something from being at Bristol that he does need to do more during games. If he adds that to his other talents he can be a real player for us.

But I think the die is already cast. Mooney and A Sodje will cost wages even on loan and selling Dickson will help to pay that plus free up his wages.
  • Options
    4 goals in 10 games is not a bad return. could possibly make an impact coming off the bench..
  • Options
    I'd be happy to have him on the bench over McLeod, but I doubt Dickson himself would ever be happy with that (which is understandable, not a criticism, he needs to play regularly).

He's not the sort of player I can ever see really improving on his weaknesses or changing his game much for the better, but like I said he'd be useful from the bench with the strengths he does have.