Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Youga - The foul throw expert.

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
How does he get away with it - I think he's only been pulled up once so far this season. Not only does he throw in like a girlie with one leg in the air, if he wants to make a longer throw he jumps off the ground completely.

I know he's not the only one - it appears that every team ignores the laws of throwing the ball back into play; but why do the officials deem to penalise this offence only very rarely?

Comments

• Options
    There are different rules for French players who handle the ball.
  • Options
    Tres bien Henry, tres bien
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]There are different rules for French players who handle the ball.

Very good Mon Brave.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]There are different rules for French players who handle the ball.
    Youga is obviously cheating and should be banned.
    Or is it the case the officials just have not spotted the offence?
    Perhaps he should own up, or offer to replay the games in which this has happened.
  • Options
    Stupid rule anyway. Needs completely revising.
  • Options
    Ash tray - why? seems to work pretty well to me. But it is amazing how many foul throws get away unpunished
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]Ash tray - why? seems to work pretty well to me. But it is amazing how many foul throws get away unpunished

I'm thinking more from an amateur perspective. As a ref it used to do my head in that people used to appeal every throw as a foul. I think short throws shouldn't be penalised. Long ones OK, if they're gaining an advantage by jumping or using one hand; but little dollies to a team mate...?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]Ash tray - why? seems to work pretty well to me. But it is amazing how many foul throws get away unpunished

I'm thinking more from an amateur perspective. As a ref it used to do my head in that people used to appeal every throw as a foul. I think short throws shouldn't be penalised. Long ones OK, if they're gaining an advantage by jumping or using one hand; but little dollies to a team mate...?

Laws of the games are the laws of the game.

Where do you draw the line ....... foot over the touchline for a throw; ball outside the quadrant for a corner kick; moving ball at a freekick, keeper holding into the ball for more than 6 seconds, keeper off his line before the ball is struck at a penalty, and so on, etc .....?

At least the laws are there to be the same for everybody. Now a referee's individual interpretation of the laws, despite official guidelines, are maybe another thing?