Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dickson giving the oppo the inside track

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
From the OS:

I'm sure the manager will pull me to one side and ask me a few things about their [Charlton's] tactics because I know them as well as anyone," said Dickson.

"Their captain, Nicky Bailey, is one of the most influential members of their team. They had been playing him out on the left, where I don't think he was as effective. But they moved him back into the middle for the game against MK Dons and Charlton won 5-1. He is definitely one to watch out for.

"Lloyd Sam is tricky on the right side - but anyone could be playing up front because they have four or five strikers there now. They have a strong back four, too, with Sam Sodje there.

"They have a tenacity about them. It was obviously embarrassing for them to lose at Northwich Victoria in the FA Cup, but that win at MK Dons was a great way for them to bounce back."

With that insight, we're done for. His manager must be eternally grateful for that.

On a more serious note, does anyone else read his comments as being made by someone who thinks that he has already left the club, rather than someone who might come back?

Comments

• Options
    I did read that "Insight" he gave, but where did you hear the latter comments?

By the sounds of it, we could do with him starting against us tonight!
  • Options
    Well Sodje won't be playing tonight, thats how much attention he's been paying
  • Options
    They'll be surprised to not see Sodje tonight, then...
  • Options
    As he's probably told them that none of our strikers are as good as he is, Burton/Mooney/Akpo should be able to exploit a very complacent back four!
  • Options
    If you end up playing (or not playing) against the team that loaned you out, then i think you should just keep your head down and your mouth shut.
  • Options
    I hate him with a passion.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I hate him with a passion.

Can't understand that to be honest.

I suspect that Dickson is under no ilusion that the his Charlton career is over, why should he show us any loyality, when from his point of view, he hasn't received any from the club?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]I hate him with a passion.

Why? What's he done to you? His new employers have asked him a few questions about the playing style of his old employers and Charlton have made it quite clear that they don't see a role for him in the team.

Put it this way, if you went to work for a competitor what would you tell your new bosses about your last employer?
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    He lived near Bexleyheath and played for Bostal Rangers when we was younger. Has always had such a 'rude boy' attitude and im not suprised that he and PP have fallen out.

And he is still employed by Charlton, so should shut up.

I am allowed to dislike somebody arent i??!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

I am allowed to dislike somebody arent i??!!!

If you have a rational reason and can articulate it, then yes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's got a bad attitude, always has done.
  • Options
    Don't hate him. TBH he's always come over a nice enough guy but agree that he would have done better to have swerved any press questions before this game.

Heard a funny story from an Addick that runs a local league. Dickson was caught playing as a ringer for a Sunday team when he was at Dulwich. Swore blind that is was his cousin over from Ghana, not him but was then the next week was caught doing the same thing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Heard a funny story from an Addick that runs a local league. Dickson was caught playing as a ringer for a Sunday team when he was at Dulwich. Swore blind that is was his cousin over from Ghana, not him but was then the next week was caught doing the same thing.

There ya go, he's an idiot aswell. ;-)
  • Options
    Dickson has no doubt been approached by a local Bristol journalist and, off the cuff, been asked for a few comments on how Charlton play.

So as we can see, he's just given a few random answers based on his own time at The Valley - and told the Bristol hack what he wants to hear.

We might still own his registration - but Rovers are the team he is playing for.
    I don't see that he's said anything unreasonably.
  • Options
    Not like he's said anything they won't already know.
  • Options
    "They've got a good keeper, Rob Elliott. He sometimes plays in orange. But he's been injured, so they've got some other guy playing in orange. If Sodje's suspended then Llera will probably play. He's really tall and really Spanish, so the boys will have to watch out for him. They've also got a bloke called Youga playing at right back. He looks like the bloke who used to play left back, but it must be a relative or something because the left back used to be called Crabman".
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Not like he's said anything they won't already know.

Or could be read here...

On that why are we helping Bristol Rovers by discussing the weaknesses and strengths of our players?

We must be traitors and therefore I hate the lot of you and of course myself.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Not like he's said anything they won't already know.

Or could be read here...

On that why are we helping Bristol Rovers by discussing the weaknesses and strengths of our players?

We must be traitors and therefore I hate the lot of you and of course myself.

BFR, I couldnt give a s**t what Dickson says about us to Bristol Rovers. I personally just dont like him.
  • Options
    There is an audio interview with Chris Dickson on the CAFC Player - in which he says what Heath Hero is saying
  • Options
    We don't need Dickson anymore, we have Akpo Sodje!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    D.I.C.K.O ..... or A.S.B.O ..?

;o)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Well Sodje won't be playing tonight, thats how much attention he's been paying[/quote]

Lol quality. Made me laugh