Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Halliday from Livingston

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
http://sport.scotsman.com/division-3/Bollan-puts-Halliday-talk-to.5850942.jp

18 year old Ex Rangers winger.

"Charlton expressed an interest and also suggested an amount they would be prepared to pay but no concrete offer has been made"

We have no cash or vegetables, so we are now offering concrete?

Comments

• Options
    Livingston are nicknamed the Lions ........ so that rules out this player then.

;o)
  • Options
    The Scottish 3rd division?! Jeez is that really how low we've sunk!
  • Options
    Concrete left over from filling the holes in the car park no doubt.

You can't say Charlton aren't sharp.

So a teenage winger so obscure there is no page on him on Wikipedia.

On 12 Nov Scottish Sun said we wanted him on trial.

Winger and ex-Rangers. What else do we know about him?

Plays in Scottish 3rd Division so will delight the "look how far we have sunk" Company (recently downgraded from a Brigade).

Will also be taken as proof that Holden is history.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]The Scottish 3rd division?! Jeez is that really how low we've sunk!

LOL was typing my post while Chris did his.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Plays in Scottish 3rd Division so will delight the "look how far we have sunk" Company (recently downgraded from a Brigade).

Ah. Whoops.

But seriously, that is a level of football comparable with what, the Conference south? Lower perhaps?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Plays in Scottish 3rd Division so will delight the "look how far we have sunk" Company (recently downgraded from a Brigade).

Ah. Whoops.

But seriously, that is a level of football comparable with what, the Conference south? Lower perhaps?

The only thing i would say in argument of this, is that if the lads ex-rangers, then i presume he was a product of their school of excellence. Being only 18 he may have been snapped up by Livingston once released and wanted to stay fairly close to home. Of course im only speculating and cant believe how low we've sunk! ;-)
  • Options
    Similar to getting Holden on trial I would guess.

Does suggest that we are casting our net far and wide (and very low)
  • Options
    Thing is, we have scouts/contacts within Scotland, Ireland & Wales so there is always a chance that a gem can be unearthed. It cant cost the club alot of money and who knows, we may find ourselves a Kevin Doyle.(didnt he cost Reading £25,000)
  • Options
    Forgive me if I'm wrong but weren't Livingston in the SLP until they were relegated for financial problems. Or have I got the wrong team?
  • Options
    They were mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're sponsoring Halliday this season at Livingston. The club's administration sent them crashing to the fourth division from the second division. They are currently in position for automatic promotion to the third division and the quality of their young players has been an important contributor to their early success.

Andrew Halliday has been rumored to be in Charlton's sights for a few months now, but I am not sure there is much behind it. Nevertheless, he's a good player and we're happy to support him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Similar to getting Holden on trial I would guess.

Does suggest that we are casting our net far and wide (and very low)[/quote]

Are you suggestng that we are now bottom feeders'? :o(
  • Options
    whatever gets you thru the night falconwood
  • Options
    Too right!
  • Options
    Offer him a trial, whats the harm? Ex Rangers so must have some talent. Hardly as if we are blessed with wingers.
  • Options
    Signing today for Middlesbrough
  • Options
    I swear Livingtson are becoming the new place to be for unearthing talented youngsters, first Snodgrass then Dorrans now this guy, we should definately send some scouts there asap!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: forzajuve_27[/cite]I swear Livingtson are becoming the new place to be for unearthing talented youngsters, first Snodgrass then Dorrans now this guy, we should definately send some scouts there asap!

We should set up a progressive development programme with them!
  • Options
    Our scout is a bit busy mate
  • Options
    Really think we've missed one here. Obviously now we can't compete with anyone now but if there was even a sniff of a deal in the summer we could've had Mooney and Sodje's, as well as a whole host of others' budget on this fella. Will definitely go up in value, and as a selling club that's going to become as important to us as building a solid side.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's a massive jump from Division 3 up there to Championship level.

He may have come in useful when we hit the Conference?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]It's a massive jump from Division 3 up there to Championship level.

The thing is though, Livingston were probably an SPL side in a "club set-up" sense before the financial woes set in. They finished third one season in the SPL and won a trophy if i'm not mistaken. The way the likes of Snodgrass and Dorrans have taken to playing at Championship/League 1 level down here speaks volumes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]It's a massive jump from Division 3 up there to Championship level.

Dorrans managed to go from Livingston to best player in the Championship. There are always players operating below their level that can be snapped up and ignoring that stream of talent isn't something we can afford to do any longer.
  • Options
    Livingston were in Scottish Div1 last season and the SPL not so long ago so would have thought a fair few of their players were playing way below their level in Scottish Div 3. Halliday imho would have been worth the gamble especially when we had no left midfielder but was not to be, he may turn out to be pony. Look at Dickson compared to some of the other players that have come from a similar level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]

Dorrans managed to go from Livingston to best player in the Championship. There are always players operating below their level that can be snapped up and ignoring that stream of talent isn't something we can afford to do any longer.
    His second season though, if you get players like that you've got to give them time. Can we afford players, excluding youngsters, that might not be good enough to start regularly for a season or so?