Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best way to Valley from Milton Keynes?

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
I'm on a course finishing at 530 in mk and trying to figure best way to the valley - round past Heathrow or Dartford Tunnel? Which is the lesser of two evils?

Comments

• Options
    Train from CMK to Euston, Northern Line to London Bridge, train to Charlton.
  • Options
    Roadworks junction 16 roadworks at junction 27. I'd probably take the Dartford Tunnel route but be prepared to go on the M 11 at 27 and carry on down and pick up Blackwall if Dartford too congested.

Truth of the matter is that either way is a lottery in the rush hour!
  • Options
    Hard to call, Swisdom but personally I'd go Dartford bridge crossing. I've had too many nightmares on M25 around Heathrow .

Good luck - and don't go via Wimbledon ;o)
  • Options
    Go the way we go from darkest North East Hertfordshire - get onto the M11 and go through Beckton to the Blackwall Tunnel.

Forget Dartford and Heathrow.
  • Options
    It may be really bad to go clockwise. But it will be much, much, much worse to go via Heathrow.
  • Options
    Of course, a more amusing answer to the headline question "Best way to Valley from Milton Keynes?" would be .... get Alan Pardew to pay £1.5 million for you.

*thin, weak laugh*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I'm on a course finishing at 530 in mk and trying to figure best way to the valley - round past Heathrow or Dartford Tunnel? Which is the lesser of two evils?

A5 from MK to M25...go east to M11 junction, then south, North Circular (A 406), the A12 to Blackwall Tunnel and you should know the way from there.

The traffic blackspots are likely to be the A5/M25 junction.

Allow 100 -120 minutes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]Go the way we go from darkest North East Hertfordshire - get onto the M11 and go through Beckton to the Blackwall Tunnel.

Forget Dartford and Heathrow.
    Agreed this is the route to take.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I'm on a course finishing at 530 in mk and trying to figure best way to the valley - round past Heathrow or Dartford Tunnel? Which is the lesser of two evils?

A5 from MK to M25...go east to M11 junction, then south, North Circular (A 406), the A12 to Blackwall Tunnel and you should know the way from there.

The traffic blackspots are likely to be the A5/M25 junction.

Allow 100 -120 minutes.

was all going so well until a406