Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

15,885 I don't think so!

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Yes I know season ticket holders count whether or not they attend but I'd be surprised if there were 12,000 in the ground and I reckon 1,000 of them were Bristol Rovers fans!

There were only 6 people ahead of me in the queue for coffee at half time. Half the time I don't bother because the queues are too long so there were definitely less people than normal tonight.

Comments

• Options
    Have to agree that it did not look like 15,885. Maybe 13,000!
  • Options
    Everyone else was looking for a working cash machine.
  • Options
    Mid week in school term
  • Options
    A great win, and still someone finds something menial to moan about!! We are spurs fans!!
  • Options
    Agreed MCS
    Four goals against a promotion rival and second in the league but some people can't help themselves. And posted not long after the final whistle. The Victor Meldrew brigade of CAFC fan is alive and well.
    Bet the coffee was cold too.
  • Options
    Len...come on mate....we had a good win.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: MCS[/cite]A great win, and still someone finds something menial to moan about!! We [i]are[/i] spurs fans!![/quote]

Another one to the list

Your not proper Charlton unless you find something to moan about
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]
    [cite]

Another one to the list

Your not proper Charlton unless you find something to moan about

So F******** True
  • Options
    Wet midweek night with football on the telly.

Even the mighty Leeds had under 20,000 last night.
  • Options
    Day before payday for alot too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just think Len was making an observation that he felt there was not that number there..........
  • Options
    I'm a celebrity is on at 9pm weekdays
  • Options
    Who cares!

those that went saw a thoroughly entertaining game and 3 very important points

was looking dodgy at 2-2 - they were all over us but Bailey rallied the troops and led by example again

I wonder if last season would have been any different if Parkinson had played him in the centre instead of pushing him out on the left to accommodate my mate Matthew Spring?
  • Options
    blimey len, don't walk down any dark alleys.....
  • Options
    Strewth!
    Poor old Len in sorry I spoke episode!
    Can't a guy make an observation without being accused of moaning?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Can't a guy make an observation without being accused of moaning?
    agreed!
  • Options
    I noticed that very few of the comp tickets (south of the east stand) were taken up last night, which is a shame.
  • Options
    It's just that some folks sense of timing seems a bit off at times........Yes, Len does of course have a point, but let's have a day or two (or at least a few hours) to wallow in our victory and sit back and enjoy the moment....that's all some of us are implying I think.
  • Options
    seemed like a normal crowd number from where i sat in the East and was impressed for a midweek, could be wrong of course.
  • Options
    somewhere between 13000 and 13500
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Can't a guy make an observation without being accused of moaning?
    agreed!
    Second
  • Options
    Can't this sort of thing have it's own thread? Yes we all know that the crowd announced and the crowd actually present aren't the same. And we all know why (STs and Comps are included whether used or not). Does it really need somebody to comment after every game "wow, the scoreboard said the attendance was x, but my unscientific estimate is around 70-80% of x were actually there"?
  • Options
    First ShootersHillGuru and now Len. Since that negative/positive debate a few weeks ago some people on here think it is ok to question and judge the right of other people to post comments that are considered less than 100% positive. If this goes on the site will have to be renamed the 'Charlton Happy Clappy Life' site.
  • Options
    I seem to have stirred up an unintentional hornets nest!

I didn't consider that I was moaning at all. My motive was rather to express surprise that after a 5-1 victory in the last home game so few made the effort. 10,000 people or thereabouts have shelled out for season tickets so I'm surprised more were not there.

Does that satisfy the thought police on this forum?????????????
  • Options
    Dartford were at home last night
  • Options
    Len is usually very positive when most are complaining and he was just making an observation. Some people just love to shout other people down on here for the sake of it.

There are a number on here trying to find something in a comment that is not there just so they can shout "MOANER",

I am moaning about the moaners who moan at the percieved moaners about moaning and stop being so................well moany!
  • Options
    Apologies Len, didn't mean to jump down your throat.

Just seemed a bit OTT at first reading.
  • Options
    Liverpool were away last night.
  • Options
    Have they not got attendances wrong several times this season lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Have they not got attendances wrong several times this season lol.
    Define "wrong"