Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Youth Cup Charlton v Chelsea on Monday 30th November

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
From Chelsea OS

MONDAY DATE FOR YOUTH CUP TIE
Posted on: Tue 24 Nov 2009

The date has been announced for Chelsea's third round FA Youth Cup tie away to Charlton Athletic.

The match, our Under 18s' first in this season's competition, will take place on Monday 30 November, with a 7pm kick-off.

The venue is The Valley

Ticket prices are £5 for adults and £1 for children.

Charlton beat Woking 3-1 last week to progress to this stage of the prestigious tournament. They are coached by former Chelsea midfielder and Academy coach Damien Matthew.

In the league meeting between the teams last month, Chelsea won 3-0 at home.

Comments

• Options
    I thought it was £3 to get in for the last 2 rounds?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]I thought it was £3 to get in for the last 2 rounds?
    Yeah always has been, same the last couple of seasons as well I think.
    On our OS now as well
  • Options
    Personally think nearly doubling the price just because it is Chelsea is a bit of a mickey take.

Probably won't bother now to be honest.
  • Options
    66% increase or an extra £2.

I will go as it's now on a Monday which is easier to do.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]66% increase or an extra £2.

irrelevent IMO, its a youth team game. Is the intention to try and get a good crowd of Charlton supporters down to try and cheer on the lads, or to try and profit from an obvious good turnout from local Chelsea supporters.

At the last round, there were no more than a couple of hundred paying CAFC people there.
  • Options
    Which is maybe the reason for the slight increase as stewards, catering and turnstile staff costs will still need to be covered.

Not that I won't be trying to blag some tickets in the Directors' Box like last year. Now where is NLA's phone number : - )
  • Options
    Unless Coca Cola sponsor the yoof Cup i need to pay me dues like everyone else but at that price it is a piss take i will not pay that just cos it is Chelski
  • Options
    It was a close call as to whether we could afford to have this game played at The Valley. It's not a piss take, it's economics. I hope it won't put a lot of people off - the kids need and deserve our support. So does the club - it would be a tragedy if the lack of interest persuades the board that the academy is dispensable.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]it would be a tragedy if the lack of interest persuades the board that the academy is dispensable

I appreciate your point mate, but don't quite get this bit... I think the fact that if we didn't have Elliot, Sam, Shelvey and Wagstaff our squad would look a great deal worse may dispel any such thoughts
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]It was a close call as to whether we could afford to have this game played at The Valley.

think you will find that under the rules of the competition we had no choice.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think £5.00 to anyone, but Season ticket holders stick with the £3.00 entry
  • Options
    Lets hope Tuna doesn't play as well as he did in the last round or he'll be off to join Kakuta at Chelsea
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Nadou[/cite]It was a close call as to whether we could afford to have this game played at The Valley.

Just not true. Very few clubs, Chelsea included play their Youth games at their home ground.
  • Options
    Unfortunately cannot go but cant believe ppl are moaning over an extra £2, seriously??? it may not encourange more fans but surely for that difference shouldnt deter fans no?
    My feeling is that ppl are using £2 extra as a reason not to go, i know its credit crunch and all but its £2. just dont buy the extra beer or wat not u spend it on
  • Options
    night before 1st team away fixture,not a good idea.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

A look at the FA's site tells you that in the same round Middlesbrough will play their home tie at Billingham Synthonia (nice name) and Man Utd will play their home tie at Altrincham. So clearly there is a choice.

Must admit i was under the impression that ties in later rounds had to be played at the first team ground but this is only round 3 so maybe it doesn't apply yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Unless Coca Cola sponsor the yoof Cup i need to pay me dues like everyone else but at that price it is a piss take i will not pay that just cos it is Chelski
    That's a bit unfair NLA, it's not got anything to do with Chelsea. The club's making a fairly stiff loss (which we all know we can ill-afford) by holding these games at the Valley, in order to reward the youngsters for their performance and to give them a taste of playing at the big ground.

Personally, I feel compelled to show up and support them (as it's now on tonight)...