Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton running out of time to keep loan stars

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4758039.Charlton_running_out_of_time_to_keep_loan_stars/

Comments

• Options
    lol no comment on the Omo front, but this was prior to last game! think we probably will sign him till solly's fit at least as otherwise have no natural Right back as cover for richardson

Sodje, Mooney & Ikeme look very likely to extend probably till janruary for now
  • Options
    Do not like the reporting from the 'shopper' always seems negative and a bit alarmist, we just have to wait and see what the official line from the club is. Although would keep 3 of the 4 if asked, and its obvious as to the 3 i.e. not Omozusi.
  • Options
    Omo's still not actually on loan.

Good news about Youga.
  • Options
    So basically the story consists of loan periods are coming to an end and if they're not renewed the players go back, if they are renewed the players stay!

If the Mirror had written than we'd be going on about lazy journalism and having nothing else to write about :-)
  • Options
    I think thats a bit harsh DR, i think it is defo not lazy journalism! for starters unlike the mirror he has a source & quotes from our assitant

So nice one News Shopper, i think you dont get enough credit but i always like reading your posts and im sure you are not lazy for eg. last night you posted report immediatley after the game which is very speedy.

Good Job and keep it up matey
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]I think thats a bit harsh DR, i think it is defo not lazy journalism! for starters unlike the mirror he has a source & quotes from our assitant

So nice one News Shopper, i think you dont get enough credit but i always like reading your posts and im sure you are not lazy for eg. last night you posted report immediatley after the game which is very speedy.

Good Job and keep it up matey

Agree. Sure the headlines are eye catching but that is the game.

Paul goes to the games and press conferences and his articles are always based on quotes or from actually being at games.

Also think that he is part of the Charlton Life community as he posts other stuff and replies to questions/jokes etc rather than just dumping stories and running away.
  • Options
    Echo what Henry said.

The News Shopper report might not be what some hope to read. But it's not syndicated or an anonymous trash gossip column - it's put together from Charlton press conferences and the reporter's actual physical attendance at the match.

And he's as interactive as many posters on this board. One of us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]. One of us.

Well sort of .

Not the cheeky scouser I expected when I met him.

Speaks normal English and didn't try to sell me any hub caps : - )
  • Options
    Lol. Good thing i put the smiley face on my post otherwise people might not have realised it was tongue in cheek.
  • Options
    Haha. It is all about opinions and I can take the criticism.

The fact is we are a Charlton paper, they are our biggest club and they will get more coverage than anyone else as a result, be it negative, positive or indifferent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    im sure ill be corrected but these guys aren't in danger of leaving? this deadline is only for new loands according to the O/s not renewing loans?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]im sure ill be corrected but these guys aren't in danger of leaving? this deadline is only for new loands according to the O/s not renewing loans?

Both Mooney and Akpo had loan contracts only until early December.
  • Options
    Charlton have until the day the loan actually expires for Mooney and Sodje which isn't until 1st Dec for Mooney and after that for Sodje as you can extend existing loans that expire after the deadline. The only loan that needs agreement before Thursday is Ikeme's which expired last night. So a bit misleading from the Newsshopper.
  • Options
    Tomorrow is going to be a busy day. Can see us extending Ikeme's loan and maybe a couple may go out. Parky has said he wants Stavinrou to go and get some games and maybe even Tuna
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    The point that the NewsShopper article was trying to get across was that if the parent clubs of our loan players refuse to extend the loan period, then not only do we lose those loan players but that there may not be enough time for PP to get any other loan players in if required. Although the loan end dates are in December, the NewsShopper is saying that we should try and renew the loans early in case there are any loan extension refusals and that we can get in new loanees if at all possible.
  • Options
    One of the issues is that Parkys loan signings, unlike Pardew's, are doing well. Their clubs might actually want them back.

They are all on emergency loans at the moment which means that after the initial 28 days they are on 24 hour call back until they are called back or we end the loan. I am not sure whether they can be officially extended under the loan rules?

If we are able to do any deals during the transfer window we can do loans for the rest of the season or perhaps buy.

I am sure Parky will have alternates being looked at but until these players actually go back he cannot bring others in