Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

STATBANK - Post Bristol Rovers H

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
MATCH STATS
...........................CAFC.....BRFC

Goals...................... 4...........2
Possession...............49%........51%
Shots (target)............8...........3
Shots (off-target)…......7...........3
Corners....................5...........5
Fouls......................17..........16
Yellow cards...............3...........5
Red Cards.................0...........0
Att. 15,885

MATCH STATS AVERAGES THIS SEASON

............................CAFC.....OPPO

Goals......................1.89.......1.06
Possession...............51.7%....48.3%
Shots (target)............6.6........5.8
Shots (off-target)…......5.8........4.6
Corners....................5.6........6.0
Fouls......................13.8.......12.2
Yellow cards...............1.9........1.9

PLAYER RATINGS (sample 36 Lifers)

Ikeme 6.72
Dailly 6.89
Llera 6.46
Youga 6.74
Sam 7.49
Shelvey 6.03
Semedo 7.10
Bailey 7.93
Burton 7.63
Mooney 7.24
Basey 7.18
Omozusi 5.81

Ave rating – 6.94

Highest ave. rating Lifer – Callumcafc - 7.33
Lowest ave. rating Lifer – Bexleyboy – 6.08 (Burton a 5, wtf ?)

AVERAGE PLAYER RATINGS SO FAR THIS SEASON (appearances in brackets)

= Semedo - 7.29 (14)
= Sodje 7.02 (6)
= Dailly - 7.00 (18)
+3 Burton - 6.91 (18)
= Racon - 6.89 (17)
-2 Youga - 6.89 (18)
-1 Elliot - 6.89 (14)
= Bailey - 6.88 (18)
= Richardson - 6.81 (15)
+1 Sam - 6.78 (18)
-1 Shelvey - 6.74 (13)
= Spring 6.46 (5)
= Llera - 6.36 (13)

(Players with less than five appearances)

A Sodje 8.00 (1)
Mooney 7.07 (3)
Basey 7.03 (4)
Wagstaff 6.94 (2)
Ikeme 6.55 (4)
Omozusi 5.71 (2)
McLeod 5.61 (3)

MAN OF THE MATCH AWARDS

H Wycombe - RACON (7.44)
A Hartlepool - BURTON (7.76)
A Orient - RACON (7.93)
H Walsall - SEMEDO (8.23)
A Tranmere - SAM (9.50)
H Brentford - SEMEDO (8.34)
H Southampton - ELLIOT (7.44)
A Norwich – SHELVEY (7.80)
H Exeter - YOUGA (7.86)
A Colchester – RICHARDSON (6.08)
A Leeds – SODJE (8.02)
H Oldham - YOUGA (7.88)
H Huddersfield - YOUGA (7.95)
A Gillingham – ELLIOT (7.95)
A Carlisle – IKEME (6.42)
H MK Dons – BAILEY (8.71)
A Yeovil - BAILEY (8.29)
H - Bristol R - BAILEY (7.93)

ASSISTS

Shelvey 6
Burton 5
Sam 4
Richardson 2
Bailey 2
Racon 1
Youga 1
Spring 1
Sodje 1
Llera 1
Mooney 1
Basey 1

GOALS

Burton 8
Bailey 6
Sam 4
Shelvey 2
Llera 2
McLeod 2
S Sodje 2
Semedo 1
Dailly 1
Wagstaff 1
Mooney 2
A Sodje 2
OG 1

YELLOW CARDS

Llera 4
McLeod 4
Youga 4
Semedo 4
Dailly 4
Sam 3
Racon 2
Shelvey 2
Burton 2
Sodje 2
Bailey 1
Richardson 1
Stavrinou 1
Wagstaff 1
Elliot 1
Spring 1
McKenzie 1
Omozusi 1

RED CARDS

S Sodje 1

TIME OF GOALS

.................0-15...16-30...31-45... 46-60...61-75...76-90....Total

Scored...........4.......11.........3.........5.......6........4.........34

Conceded........1.......2..........8.........2.......2........4......... 19

GOALS PER GAME – 2.94

POINTS PER GAME – 2.00

LEAGUE ONE STATS

Games played…………....215
Games remaining……….337
% played………………......38%
Home wins…………….....46%
Draws…………………......28%
Away wins………….......26%
Goals per match……... 2.71
Goals p. match (H)…...1.57
Goals p. match (A)….. 1.14
Over 2.5 goals……….....52%
Under 2.5 goals………...48%

MISCELLANEOUS STATS(AFKA/ Salad)

Charlton are currently scoring a goal every 39 mins at home, and every 62 mins away.

Charlton have won 64% of their points so far at home. Gillingham have won 95% of their points at home, while Stockport have won just 36% of their points at home.

Yeovil's away following of 95 at Gillingham last night was the lowest recorded so far this season.

For the 2nd consecutive game, the opposition had five players booked against us.

A third of our goals this season have been scored between 16-30 minutes.

2nd time this season against a team in yellow and green that Burton has scored while we take a 2-0 lead - only to be pegged back to 2-1 by half time and for them to equalise in the second half.

Only the second of our matches this season in which the ref has awarded a penalty - on each occaison he subsequently awarded a penalty to the other team just before half time.

32% of our goals conceded have been in the last 5 minutes of the first half.

We now average 2.12 pts against teams in the top half - the best record in the division.

4 carrier bags circled the pitch last night, 3 down from the 7 recorded vs MK Dons :-)

Comments

• As always very interesting. thanks AFKA
  • good stuff, fair play to the 95 Yeovil at the Gills, wonder how many the Saints took to Hartlepool on a cold wet Tuesday night!
  • Good stats.

Does anyone know what 's happened to the missing 3 carrier bags? Have they gone out on loan?
  • Well done, AFKA. Fascinating stuff as ever.

Apologies from me - and I hope others - for the silly wind-ups on the hapless Ono-zusi, which must have made your number crunching even more difficult than usual.

Surprised Basey was only voted our fifth best player on the park last night, though. I fully expected him to be MOM.

Thought this was interesting:

''Only the second of our matches this season in which the ref has awarded a penalty - on each occasion he subsequently awarded a penalty to the other team just before half time.''

The pathetic standard of the refs this season has driven me close to distraction at times. I know its div three and all that. But you could probably go down Hackney marshes and find a more competent bunch any Sunday morning...
  • Bailey made MOM in the last three matches following his move back to the engine room. 6 goals and just the 2 bookings this season is impressive too.
  • Worrying that Llera, Dailly and Semedo are all on 4 yellows and Youga (also on 4 yellows) is injured.

Sod's law could dictate that we have no centre halves if we are not careful!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Worrying that Llera, Dailly and Semedo are all on 4 yellows and Youga (also on 4 yellows) is injured.

Sod's law could dictate that we have no centre halves if we are not careful!

We could play McLeod at centre half ...... he's on 4 yellows too!

;o)
  • Yellow cards...

Llera 4
    McLeod 4
    Youga 4
    Semedo 4
    Dailly 4

We are going to be missing the services of one or more of these players soon, I just hope that none of that lot get booked in the same match as the others in this list.
  • Dailly being suspended is the one I fear will affect us the most.

He's the brains, the organiser and the calm composed one in the back 4.
    And the best footballer.
  • i didnt expect this today, have you not missed out on few ppl who might of done it tonight?

Otherwise good job afka, love it as ever!
  • Sponsored links:

• We now average 2.12 pts against teams in the top half - the best record in the division.

Interesting bearing in mind that a few weeks ago people were sayng we were only doing well because we had played teams in the bottom half of the tabe.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Dailly being suspended is the one I fear will affect us the most.

And the best footballer.

Fully agreed Oggy. He has been invaluable but to be honest we never exected him to be present for each game, and yet he has achieved it so far.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i didnt expect this today, have you not missed out on few ppl who might of done it tonight?

Normally yes, but i only had a small window to get it done this week so had to go with what was there. 36 is still a good enough sample though.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Dailly being suspended is the one I fear will affect us the most.

And the best footballer.
    Agree with that, though Semedo is very important as well.
  • Surprised Basey was only voted our fifth best player on the park last night, though. I fully expected him to be MOM.

Also noticed that a half decent performance in his next game would see him rise to top 3 of the seasonal rankings! Deserved too IMO as he was excellent last night.

As for Bailey - 2 ways to look at this! 1-great response after gaffer told him to improve or 2 - playing for a move in Jan??????

Personally I think he loves it here and am delighted he's improving
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Dailly being suspended is the one I fear will affect us the most.

And the best footballer.
    Agree with that, though Semedo is very important as well.

Fair enough Sco .......... although Semedo role can be covered by others in midfield.
    But who could replace and perform the same role as effectively as Dailly in defence?
  • edited November 2009
    Yeah I know what you mean, though I don't see Shelvey or Racon being able to sit back and concentrate defending. Bailey may have to do that and get forward less. At least we have midfielders though, and even Spring is an option there.

Agree there is no replacement for Dailly. While it should be good enough, I'd worry about Sodje and Llera together.
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Surprised Basey was only voted our fifth best player on the park last night, though. I fully expected him to be MOM.

Also noticed that a half decent performance in his next game would see him rise to top 3 of the seasonal rankings! Deserved too IMO as he was excellent last night.

As for Bailey - 2 ways to look at this! 1-great response after gaffer told him to improve or 2 - playing for a move in Jan??????

Personally I think he loves it here and am delighted he's improving

Bailey must be considered as one of our most important and effective players - and since reverting to CM, he's shown he is a good skipper, leading by example.

And I'm sure who would be very proud to lead Charlton to promotion.

But he's never made any bones about his ambition to play in the Premier (that's why he joined us, lol), but I believe it's not so much more money that at the moment will lure him away - but a contract to play in the Prem.

Otherwise I would expect he'll stay until at least the summer.
  • Interesting as always.

635 Saints at Hartlepool last night according to their website.
  • Posted this in another thread, as that's where the original comment was that provoked it. But it strikes me it might be more appropriate here:
    --------------
    AFKA said: ''On Oggy's point regarding the markings, yes i do dismiss stupid marks such as 2 and 10.''

So is there an ''acceptable'' range of markings, Danny? If scores of 2 and 10 are dismissed and not included in the stat bank , what is the permitted range? Is 3 acceptable? And is 9.5 allowed?

I suppose 10 is equivalent to perfection and you could argue that's impossible. But you might equally argue that Defoe earned a 10 for his five goals at the weekend and a 9.5 would not have reflected his achievement.

And I'd say I have definitely seen performances that were worth a miserly 2 or 3. Several of the Wigan players probably earned such a mark v Spurs.

I have also seen certain Charlton players put in performances that meritted no more than 2 or 3. An infamous Greg Halford performance at the Valley comes to mind and a Sasa Ilic nightmare, to name a couple off the top of my head. Possibly even the Curbishley performance mid-week v Oxford in '87 that led to Lennie controversially dropping him from the squad for the full members cup final.

It does happen, if only rarely, that players put in a stint that makes absolutely no significant or positive contribution to the game.

Personally I''d favour a much wider range of markings, rather than everybody being bunched between 6 and 8, which is what tends to happen...
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: nigel w[/cite]AFKA said: ''On Oggy's point regarding the markings, yes i do dismiss stupid marks such as 2 and 10.''

So is there an ''acceptable'' range of markings, Danny? If scores of 2 and 10 are dismissed and not included in the stat bank , what is the permitted range? Is 3 acceptable?

I apply my own discretion to it. I'm upfront about it and appreciate it isn't perfect, but hopefully it will ensure over the course of a season we get somewhere near a true reflection of player markings.

And just so it isn't taken out of context, there have been 18 games this season generating something like 9,000 marks so far, and the amount of times i have omitted a mark or someone's selection can probably be counted on one hand.

When do i omit a mark ? When i've been at a game and in my opinion people are being ridiculous and too extreme in their markings (for example, looking back i did reluctantly allow marks of 1 for Llera at Colchester which although having a poor game, i thought was over harsh. I did omit the couple of marks of 0).

Hope that helps.

I think the Statbank is a great feature, unique to this site as i haven't seen anything similar on the hundreds of other football sites i scan, but at the same time i want to improve it all the time so if anyone has any suggestions for new features, or how thinks can be done more accurately i'm welcome to all views. Its not 'my toy', and should never been viewed as that.
  • edited November 2009
    AFKA said: ''I think the Statbank is a great feature, unique to this site as i haven't seen anything similar on the hundreds of other football sites i scan''

I agree with that Danny.Credit to you.

I asked the question because I think if everyone understands the benchmark, it will only enhance the prestige of what is, as you say, a great and unique feature. See the Omuzusi thread where I think there is a v good discussion, which will genuinely help towards that.
  • edited November 2009
    Outliers: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlier
    An outlying observation, or outlier, is one that appears to deviate markedly from other members of the sample in which it occurs.
    Naive interpretation of statistics derived from data sets that include outliers may be misleading.
    Estimators capable of coping with outliers are said to be robust: the median is a robust statistic, while the mean is not.
    So when AFKA calculates the "average" score for a player he's calculating the median rather than the mean (although these have probably only differed on two occasions this season). And an excellent job he does too.
  • I still find STATBANK very seductive, ive said it before and i'll say it again..........you can't beat a good stat!
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    I think the Statbank is a great feature, unique to this site as i haven't seen anything similar on the hundreds of other football sites i scan, but at the same time i want to improve it all the time so if anyone has any suggestions for new features, or how thinks can be done more accurately i'm welcome to all views. Its not 'my toy', and should never been viewed as that.

And that it is, could you not operate it as a type of poll system and integrate it into the site for next season?? Although would be headache to write the code intially (i'm sure we must have a few computor programmers on here somewhere!!) May take some of the headache and time you have to spend out of number crunching every week. Would also mean we could keep them open and able to vote right up util the following game.
  • Still in the league we have only ever lost to teams with the initials: CUFC only one letter off of CAFC!
  • [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]Still in the league we have only ever lost to teams with the initials: CUFC only one letter off of CAFC!

lol like that one dazzler

and as always whether u omit very few or not i think afka does a great job and definatley my favourate thread on this site, i just cant get enough!
  • 2nd time this season against a team in yellow and green that Burton has scored while we take a 2-0 lead - only to be pegged back to 2-1 by half time and for them to equalise in the second half.

quite simply the best stat anywhere EVER. Fact
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    2nd time this season against a team in yellow and green that Burton has scored while we take a 2-0 lead - only to be pegged back to 2-1 by half time and for them to equalise in the second half.

quite simply the best stat anywhere EVER. Fact

Tragically, I raised this very point with Mrs Muse during the course of the match. I really must get out more.
  • We now average 2.12 pts against teams in the top half - the best record in the division.

Couple of funny facts there but that's good to see.