Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thick Newbie Question

edited November 2009 in Troubleshooting
How do you ......

1) Incorporate links (that work) ?

2) Incorporate previous thread quotes into your post ?

Thanks

Comments

• For links click on the 2nd box from the right (next to envelope)
    For quotes, click on quote on the top right of the message(and also click the bbc code box to get it in nice yellow)

And welcome
  • [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]For links click on the 2nd box from the right (next to envelope)
    For quotes, click on quote on the top right of the message(and also click the bbc code box to get it in nice yellow)

And welcome

Thanks

(hope this worked or I could look like a right nob)
  • What about if the 'quote' is on a previous thread page ?

I can't seem to get that to work...

Thanks again.
  • Unfortunately AFKA and LookOut cant be bothered sorting out quoting from another page.

Only joking fellas - winky smiley thing
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: MrOneLung[/cite]Only joking fellas - winky smiley thing
    Linky thing
  • Hope this link helps Suede

http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=15788
  • Thanks all!
  • Something to bear in mind Suede, the forum has a few issues if you are viewing in Mozilla Firefox. Dont know why but whatever version I try, the quotes never appears in the yellow blocks. If you use Internet Explorer, you should have no problems.
  • edited November 2009
    [cite]Posted By: SuedeAdidas[/cite]What about if the 'quote' is on a previous thread page ?

I can't seem to get that to work...

Thanks again.

You can quote from a previous thread, you just have to learn the quote and cite tags and do it yourself. Easiest way to do it is click quote on someone's post in the thread you want to post in, and replace their name and post with the content of the post from the previous thread. Simples (sort of).

For example:
    [cite]Posted By: Example quote[/cite]
    This is an example quote