Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stopwatch at Murray Q&A

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    Glad someone asked the question re the CEO, Deputy CEO and the Managing director role. Never fun for anyone to lose their job, but if the club want to cut their cloth, then IMO this needed to happen.

what was muzza's answer to that??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    Glad someone asked the question re the CEO, Deputy CEO and the Managing director role. Never fun for anyone to lose their job, but if the club want to cut their cloth, then IMO this needed to happen.

what was muzza's answer to that??

Nigel Capelin left the club yesterday. He had an existing contract and whilst Murray acknowledges that there was not enough work for 3, as he was being paid and doing something constructive, so there was little point in asking him to go earlier than this week and still having to pay him.
  • Options
    ty CE
  • Options
    Apologies for not attending, I was running late and then heard about the A2 mess, so stayed at work, as penance, or is it pleasure......
    When you are my age it is hard to tell the difference........
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Nice write ups.

"- Then very clear that they have faith in Phil and are expecting him to get us promoted. Both Richard and David were very complimentary about aspects of his management style as well as the type of player he attracts to the club.

- "Spends our money as if it was his" was one comment and he was likened to Curbs in that respect."

Intrigued to hear this. It might have been mentioned before, but it seems we've got shades of a Curbs clone in Parky.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

Nice write ups.

"- Then very clear that they have faith in Phil and are expecting him to get us promoted. Both Richard and David were very complimentary about aspects of his management style as well as the type of player he attracts to the club.

- "Spends our money as if it was his" was one comment and he was likened to Curbs in that respect."

Intrigued to hear this. It might have been mentioned before, but it seems we've got shades of a Curbs clone in Parky.

Lennie, more like.
  • Options
    Agree with the Airman. Parky nothing like ''a Curbs clone''. Much more in the frugal Lennie mode.

But what does this mean - "Spends our money as if it was his" ?

Conjures up images of hookers, Krug and ''candles and flowers'' (the euphemism long used at EMI Records for its Class A drugs budget) on the company credit card!
  • Options
    Just to let you all know that I've written up some 'Notes from the Chair'. I want to get these approved first by Richard Murray and Dave White, but will make them available as soon as I can.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]"- Then very clear that they have faith in Phil and are expecting him to get us promoted. Both Richard and David were very complimentary about aspects of his management style as well as the type of player he attracts to the club.

I've had that feeling at times. I never saw us with Lennie Lawrence as manager so can't compare. I like the way he tries to make the team solid, play as a team, but try and play good football at the same time. Things Dowie and Pardew could never get right.

As an example, I get the feeling Parky would ideally not play two out and out wingers (not that he can at the moment any way) unless he had no other choice. Pardew would play Thomas, Ambrose and Zheng/Sam (or similar) in a midfield four together, and that wasn't solid enough in the Championship nevermind the Prem. Simple when you think about it, but some managers just never get it right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite] Pardew would play Thomas, Ambrose and Zheng/Sam (or similar) in a midfield four together, and that wasn't solid enough in the Championship nevermind the Prem.

Simple when you think about it, but some managers just never get it right.

But we all would, here on Charlton Life ....!

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just watched Murray on CAFCTV at the Q&A ... well worth watching if you were not at the meeting. He comes across, as always, as a very genuine person with Charlton very much in his heart.

Thank god we have him on the board ... despite the problems we faced in the last few years.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Don't say that on "your views" or you will be ripped to shreds.

Hilarious that all the Murray haters on "Your Views" were washing their hair the very same night that they could have asked him all their ever so perceptive and very loaded questions face to face.

Meanwhile can I be the first to moan that I'm expected to pay to hear what the Chairman said. Disgusting, I live in Bromley and couldn't make it and now I have to pay £800 a year to find out what is happening at my club, blah, blah, wibble, wibble.

PS reports on the Parky meeting at Bromley on 10th December will be £5 each.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Don't say that on "your views" or you will be ripped to shreds.

No chance of me going on there again ... tried it out a couple of times but decided I'd rather live in the real world. Shouldn't denigrate fellow Charlton fans but ... no, I'll leave it there.

[cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]PS reports on the Parky meeting at Bromley on 10th December will be £5 each.

Why should we pay for your christmas drinks ... not going to go now.

Although the fact that I will be in Frankfurt may have something to do with it ;-)
  • Options
    you're barred anyway : - )
  • Options
    only for 2009, ban lifted 2010 ;-)