Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Stavrinou, Dean Sinclair

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oh my gawd....don't start him off FoD.........!!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SoundAsa£[/cite]Oh my gawd....don't start him off FoD.........!!!!!

;-)

What instructions ?
  • Options
    Went to see the Fleet last night..Alex played well yet again and the Fleet were unlucky to lose 1-0. He got taken off but for the right reason so a more attacking player could come on. Fleet fans said he has been really impressive and they think he has a great future ahead of him.
  • Options
    I know he is out of contract but Stav is certainly worth keeping, especially if we stay in League 1
  • Options
    especially if we stay in league 1 and lose some other midfielders

but hey

lets just get promoted eh!
  • Options
    If anyones interested I've had an update on how Stavrinou is doing at Ebbsfleet. He's been very consistent and is getting more combative with every game. Still keeps his passing tidy and simple. Sounds like he's progressing well, I wonder if it'll be enough to win a new contract.
  • Options
    Money is likely to be tight so I can`t see many gambles on players who might make it. Doesn`t mean that Stav won`t be seen as safe bet though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Money is likely to be tight so I can`t see many gambles on players who might make it. Doesn`t mean that Stav won`t be seen as safe bet though.

Equally though if we fail to get promoted we're likely to have to sell several players, and the likes of Stav are as good as we're going to get. He may be better than I'm giving him credit for here, I must admit I've never seen him play!

It'll probably be an end of season decision I'd imagine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: dabos[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Money is likely to be tight so I can`t see many gambles on players who might make it. Doesn`t mean that Stav won`t be seen as safe bet though.

Equally though if we fail to get promoted we're likely to have to sell several players, and the likes of Stav are as good as we're going to get. He may be better than I'm giving him credit for here, I must admit I've never seen him play!

It'll probably be an end of season decision I'd imagine.

I think you are right.

Next season's team could well be:

Elliot (unless money is offered otherwise Binks)

Solly
    Sodje S
    Dailly
    Youga (if he ever recovers)

Wagstaff
    Stavrinou
    Spring
    Basey

Sodje A
    Tuna
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the summer thanks to cutbacks, there will be a glut of decent, experienced players available who'll bite your hand off for a 1-year contract.

Let alone Prem and Champs young squad players who are being let go - players like Kyel Reid at West Ham last year, for example.

Anyway, we'll be signing players in the summer as a newly promoted club in the Champs, right ....?

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I think you are right.

Next season's team could well be:

Elliot (unless money is offered otherwise Binks)

Solly
    Sodje S
    Dailly
    Youga (if he ever recovers)

Wagstaff
    Stavrinou
    Spring
    Basey

Sodje A
    Tuna

They could all play a big part in the squad if we're not promoted, but like Oggy said, there would still be out of contract players available that we could go for and no doubt would.
  • Options
    An update on how Stavrinou is doing at Ebbsfleet if anyone is interested. I asked if he had heard anything about whether we wanted to keep him or let him go.
    No, haven't heard anything. I wouldn't be suprised if you have decided to give him another extension. If not, I'm sure he will be picked up by a League 1/2 club.

Yes he has been consistent throughout. Plays with more confidence now and rarely makes mistakes. Sitting in front of the centre backs is undoubtedly his best position. We have tried him further forward as a central midfielder and although can do an admirable job, is no where near as effective.
    Still just rates him as a decent but very consistent Blue Square Prem player, but like Yussuff last year ending up at Gillingham, a League One or Two club might take a chance on him if we don't keep him.

A few months ago he had also mentioned his lack of strength and ability in the air, from the sounds of it he's most comparable to Semedo, but without any real physical presence.
  • Options
    Interesting news, if we stay down I expect Stav to stay and be very close to the First team next season. We maybe will need all the midfielders we can get next year in League 1 with some certain departures.

Even if we go up, he could go on loan for the first half of season and have a role in the second half.
  • Options
    Scored in a 'training' match v Daggers
    http://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=773:fleet-face-daggers-in-training-clash&catid=63:headline-news
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Stavrinou won Supporters Young Player of the Year for Ebbsfleet. Scored the other day and have been told he had an excellent game. Only a tap in, but after a good counter attacking move.
    In other awards, Fleet's other goalscorer on Saturday, on-loan Alex Stavrinou, scooped the Supporters' Young Player of the Year. The 20-year-old Charlton midfielder has played 20 games since joining the club in November and has been a pivotal figure in the Fleet's relative upturn in fortunes in 2010.
    http://www.ebbsfleetunited.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=790:magno-the-magnificent&catid=63:headline-news

Have been told he's been getting up and down the pitch a lot more recently. Sounds like he's working really hard at his game, getting fitter and stronger. Going to be interesting to see if he gets another year here or not.
  • Options
    liked Stav as a player at youth level, look forward to seeing if he has progressed
  • Options
    Semedo's replacement when he's sold?
  • Options
    From the very little i've seen of Stav I think he might be worth keeping.
    Seems to be a "no frills" kind of player that does the simple things. I'd say keep him here next season and let him learn from Semedo the master