Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

replica shirts

just been down to the club shop superstore to get a xmas present for a friends kid.

wanted - 1 home shirt to fit a 12-13 year old.

in stock - 4XL, 3XL, 2XL, XL and 10 year old size so small it could double as a car sticker.

ok, they'll have to settle for the away top.

oh no they wont. even fewer sizes available.

(sorry to start a new thread as i know it's been discussed elsewhere but i couldn't find it)

Comments

• Here you go, it's in the Fan's Forum thread on page 2.

Superstore

At the last FF meeting,the club made fans aware that they had a reduced level of shirt purchases this season. Another delivery pre-Xmas is expected, but has not yet arrived. It is hoped that this delivery will be in store for the 5th Dec. In addition the club is due to receive a delivery of Burro leisure wear very soon and also a baby range

Historically the club has ended up with substantial numbers of shirts that go on discounted sale and they are altering buying patterns to deal with this to avoid fans who pay full price being disappointed when the same shirt is then sold for a substantial discount
  • TELTEL
    edited November 2009
    now, now, dont go crticising those who cant defend themselves.....
    Or organise a piss up in a brewery.

Have they got over the wrong sizing issues now on the away shirts? Someone obviously thinks all Charlton supporters are either fat bastards or midgets :-)
  • cheers coveredend.

would've saved a trip if i'd read that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]... are either fat bastards or midgets :-)

Careful Tel, you'll get accused of not being politically correct next time ;-)
  • Who me?

:-)
  • Thinking of getting a home shirt sent out to me, just wanna know what the Joma sizing is like...used to be all over the place.
    Usually a Large (42-44 chest).
    Am i looking at a Med or Large?
  • Get the xl size then if it shrinks a bit you should be okay.
  • Im usually a large, but with the away shirt a large is a medium.....does that make sense?
    :-)
  • Are you saying if i buy a large size shirt it comes up medium in its fit............or.................. that the medium size shirt comes up large?????????
  • Yeah I tried to get a shirt but all they have are sizes that would fit either a giant or a midget! I cannot believe how they can run out of ordinary sizes so close the xmas! The Bexleyheath shop is closed and i don't know of any shops that stock Charlton shirts. I looked in lillywhites in my lunch break the other day - Blackburn, Sunderland, Birmingham etc but no Charlton. What a shambles!
  • Sponsored links:

• For a large shirt...order the medium (this applies to away Shirt as the sizing was cocked up)
  • [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]For a large shirt...order the medium (this applies to away Shirt as the sizing was cocked up)
    so what about a medium?!?!??
  • Thanks Tel
  • If I order a medium and it comes up large can I get it exchanged? Might just order a small shirt
  • If you order a medium, she will be able to tell you if it fits before it arrives.
  • [cite]Posted By: guinnessaddick[/cite]If you order a medium, she will be able to tell you if it fits before it arrives.
    lol cheers mate!
  • just been told the christmas rush order consists of 50 shirts.

poor lennie will think the queues are for him.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]just been told the christmas rush order consists of 50 shirts.

poor lennie will think the queues are for him.

Perhaps we're resigning DPC, didn't he buy 40 shirts for his friends and family?
  • DPC is that the dyslexics PDC?
  • My daughter rang the "Superstore" today after I alerted her to the impending delivery as she 'd like a current home shirt for 5 yr old Billy to wear to the YA Party on Sunday.

Said a very unhelpful young man told her the shirts were as yet unpacked and he couldn't tell her what sizes they were getting....So much for being able to order over the phone for those who can't get to every game.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]My daughter rang the "Superstore" today after I alerted her to the impending delivery as she 'd like a current home shirt for 5 yr old Billy to wear to the YA Party on Sunday.

Said a very unhelpful young man told her the shirts were as yet unpacked and he couldn't tell her what sizes they were getting....So much for being able to order over the phone for those who can't get to every game.

Doesn't sound good, Fanny, but how many people now work in retail other than on a matchday? If there aren't any staff, you won't get the service you expect.
  • Surely that's the point though, Airman.

On non matchdays there's likely to be more callers than "in person" shoppers so surely the skeleton staff should be geared up to deal with telephone enquiries/orders ?

After all, I thought generation of money/support for the Club was the name of the game ....
  • 3 staff wandering around when I went in there two weeks ago midweek.....I must have spoken to the same lad....
  • Got mine at midday on Saturday. There didn't look like there was many 'normal' sizes left tho!
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Surely that's the point though, Airman.

On non matchdays there's likely to be more callers than "in person" shoppers so surely the skeleton staff should be geared up to deal with telephone enquiries/orders ?

After all, I thought generation of money/support for the Club was the name of the game ....

Alongside staffing the shop, accepting and unpacking deliveries, buying and managing stock, transferring stock from the warehouse to the shop and processing mail order transactions, all within a shift pattern?

I don't know if you are right about the volume of phone calls against foot traffic, but clearly there is a security issue around the latter that is likely to make it a priority.

The reality is that the level of customer service will drop if you have a small team of people trying to do too many things, because it's the least tangible and measurable thing the staff deliver - even if it's one of the most important.
  • The retro shirts from the 80's is where it's at
  • edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]The retro shirts from the 80's is where it's at
    Was really aback when i see them especially the 80's yellow one with FADS on it .........only down side is that couldnt do a proper addidas version
  • If it had the Adidas logo on it I would have brought both of them there and then. Going back for the Osca pinstripe shirt this week, and might dabble in one of the FADS ones.
  • Yeah very impressed by the new retro shirts.
  • http://tweetphoto.com/5999577

All over this!