Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford

edited November 2009 in General Charlton
Apologies if this has been covered before and I've missed it.

From yourlocalguardian.com - Brentford

Turner transfer hearing set for next week

8:30am Saturday 28th November 2009

comment Comments (0) Have your say »
By Stuart Amos »

Football League officials have confirmed the disciplinary hearing into Brentford’s dispute with Charlton over former defender Michael Turner’s transfer to Sunderland, will be heard on December 4.

The Bees are trying to claw back some of the sell-on fees the two clubs have already received from Hull City, who brokered the deal that saw the 25-year-old centre-back move to the Stadium of Light in August.

Brentford claim they are entitled to a higher percentage of the cash - which is not in dispute by Hull - and the matter will be resolved by a Football Disciplinary Hearing next Friday.

I thought the finances were all agreed upfront or Hull would not have passed on any money?

Comments

• From what I have heard there is no dispute between Charlton and Brentford, but there is a dispute between Charlton / Brentford and Hull. Basically, it is believed that Turner went to Sunderland for £12 m or so, but Hull have declared only £4 m, reducung our overall take
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]From what I have heard there is no dispute between Charlton and Brentford, but there is a dispute between Charlton / Brentford and Hull. Basically, it is believed that Turner went to Sunderland for £12 m or so, but Hull have declared only £4 m, reducung our overall take
    That was how I understood it but not how I read this article, hmmm.
  • Maybe brentford are trying to get from us what they can't get from Hull, or maybe its just poor journalism
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Maybe brentford are trying to get from us what they can't get from Hull, or maybe its just poor journalism
    Poor journalism - in the chain of payments due to be made on this deal, Charlton are bottom.
  • [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Maybe brentford are trying to get from us what they can't get from Hull, or maybe its just poor journalism
    Poor journalism - in the chain of payments due to be made on this deal, Charlton are bottom.

The journalism is spot on in this case.