Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Great games you have missed

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Charlton 5 Man City 0 - Christmas 1986.

When I found out the result my 14 year-old bottom lip trembled like jelly because I was so gutted to have missed it - for my Aunt's (Boxing Day?) party.

I thought this was on New Years day?
  • Options
    Charlton 4 chelsea 2, boxing day was lazy and a foolish little kid and decided to play on the new playstation game i got instead. Shameful.
  • Options
    Charlton 4 Chelsea 2 - spent xmas up north with boyfriend at the time and was in IKEA in warrington ordering kitchen units whilst I was getting texts of the score.

so annoyed.
  • Options
    Charlton 4-2 Chelsea, was on holiday so watched it in a bar in Lanzarote. Needless to say very annoyed I missed it!
  • Options
    Oh and Yeovil away this year!
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I missed Arse 2 Charlton 4 - was playing footy.
    I also missed Charlton 1 - Leeds 7, or something like that scoreline. :-(
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Charlton 5 Man City 0 - Christmas 1986.

When I found out the result my 14 year-old bottom lip trembled like jelly because I was so gutted to have missed it - for my Aunt's (Boxing Day?) party.

I thought this was on New Years day?

The Man City game was between the Boxing day game and Spurs at Selhurst on New Years Day
  • Options
    Leeds at St Andrews - On a football tour of Holland
    Clinching the Championship at Blackburn - Was trying to save up for my wedding and went to a lot of away games before hand thinking we would go up/win the league a long time before we eventually did. By the time Blackburn came round i was totally skint.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]Charlton 5 Man City 0 - Christmas 1986.

When I found out the result my 14 year-old bottom lip trembled like jelly because I was so gutted to have missed it - for my Aunt's (Boxing Day?) party.[/quote]

I thought this was on New Years day?[/quote]

The Man City game was between the Boxing day game and Spurs at Selhurst on New Years Day[/quote]

Yes, I knew it was somewhere the Xmas-NY period.
  • Options
    Yeovil,done most of the rest apart from hudders in that great victory due to not born!lol!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2009
    Not missed but hearing it mentioned reminded me of when we beat Chelsea in the Carling Cup away on penalties, I was in the home end. Which is bad enough for a normal game but what with it going to a penalty shootout, it was even worse. I gave up on the hiding emotions thing about halfway through the second half, went absolutely crazy in the penalty shootout, got into a bit of a fight and I'm now supposedly banned from Stamford Bridge.....

good job we won't be playing there anytime soon.....
  • Options
    Never seen Man utd or Liverpool play at The Valley in a league game .
    This may seem strange but the game that springs too mind was the cup semi-final against Norwich .Was on holiday at the time brought paper following day to find report stating extra time 1-1after 90mins.Had a skin full when i found out result.
  • Options
    Missed 4 - 2 at Arsenal as gave my ticket to someone more needy.

More importantly missed St Andrews as I my first serious girlfriend was having a party. Ended up drinking 4 cans of Tenants Super and throwing up in her Dad's car.

(By the way Lawrie; that Barnsley game was 3-1 at HT. Absolute cracker)
  • Options
    On my 40th birthday the team came up with the perfect scoreline for me, beating Norwich 4-0. I wasn't there though: Mrs Stig kept me in saying that she'd planned something special for me. So, I sat at home listening to the radio and dreaming of what I'd get that was going to be so special. As each goal went in my expectations rose as to what could be so good to keep me away from Charlton. The final whistle came and I was still sitting inside doing nothing in particular but sipping a few cold beers. Eventually at 7.30 (after the time I'd have been home anyway) a car came and picked us up and took us to a restaurant. That was it! I'd missed a 4-0 win just because she wouldn't trust me to get home in time to go for a meal.
  • Options
    the liverpol 3-2 lisbie hatrick was a bizarre one for me. I was away in a hotel in China. It was on TV in this bar which was in a large room. there were a 4 girl singing group and they placed a Tv without sound next to them. There were only about 3 customers in the bar, mates gone to snooker hall. Goodness knows what the girls thought when half way through one of their songs they saw a mad englishman leap in the air yelling his head off as lisbie made his hatrick. I'd sort of controlled myself up until then but..........