Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Who still plays old vinyl ...?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cheers fatkit, much appreciated.
  • Options
    Those record playing machines that record to computers are they any good as wants to get mum one for xmas ?

was playing last night ..........one of the OI Oi LPs , a good selection of punk 45s , Max Bygraves , Blues and Trouble infact was surround by the stuff clearing loft
    didnt know what to play next..........only trouble is they go so quick before yopu know it you have to turn the LP over .........
  • Options
    Oi, bloody hell, got all of them, have to dig out the albums some time.
  • Options
    While I'm having a cuppa, just cleaned up Stranglers, "IV -Rattus Norveggicus".
    And Supertramp, "Even in the quietist moments".

They're on the list to play tonight.
  • Options
    Have loads of Vinyl, just don't play it anymore. Sound quality is different but it is certainly not better as people say. Bit like saying a proper DJ only uses Vinyl, a proper DJ should be able to use both CDJ & Vinyl technology & yes even MP3 Medders. The best turntable even now is the now old Technics 1210 MK II. CD sound is best, as sound is fully mastered unlike Vinyl or compressed MP3.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Have loads of Vinyl, just don't play it anymore. Sound quality is different but it is certainly not better as people say. Bit like saying a proper DJ only uses Vinyl, a proper DJ should be able to use both CDJ & Vinyl technology & yes even MP3 Medders. The best turntable even now is the now old Technics 1210 MK II. CD sound is best, as sound is fully mastered unlike Vinyl or compressed MP3.

Went Ministry of Sound on friday to see Eddie Halliwell. He was 'scratching' trance, which after a while became really annoying. He had about 2vinyl decks and 4 CDJ's!
  • Options
    Old vinyl I cleaned and played tonight:

1) The Beatles - double White album.

2) Santana - Abraxa .........(absolutely superb)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Have loads of Vinyl, just don't play it anymore. Sound quality is different but it is certainly not better as people say. Bit like saying a proper DJ only uses Vinyl, a proper DJ should be able to use both CDJ & Vinyl technology & yes even MP3 Medders. The best turntable even now is the now old Technics 1210 MK II. CD sound is best, as sound is fully mastered unlike Vinyl or compressed MP3.

Depends what you mean by proper DJ. ;-)

Still play vinyl a lot, got loads of old boot leg Rockabilly compilations and original LPs, and have no idea how to get them off t'internet so it's easier. Have got one of them USB stick players, but have not actually tried to put anyting onto CD yet...
  • Options
    MP3 IS THE DEVIL
  • Options
    currently listening to Susan Cadogan - Hurts So Good - yes 7"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hopefully getting one as a present at Christmas so might have a look at FatKit's Soundlab suggestion.

My records need playing again.
  • Options
    Every time I go into my attic I am drawn to my vinyl box and I peep inside to make sure evrything is well and nothing is warped. The 45's are great, lots of 'northern soul stuff, like Sugar Pie Desanto's 'Red shoes.' I don't play it as My needle is too poor and it would be too mush hastle to get my old Rotel system up and running again. I just hum the tunes to myself, making sure the Missus can't hear me, fairly popular tunes like Last cut is the deepest, Dock of the bay, America by the Nice. Some Bob Dyan. I had Corrina Corrina the flip of Desolation Row but it has vanished. I have some Dandelion LP's by John Peel which are worth a few bob but I love to look at them and won't sell. I recall Robyn Hitchcock saying something about how holding a pile of LP's and strolling down the street with them was like revealing bits of your inner self and I think that was right.
    Doesn't happen anymore. Kids just download singles and listen to it themselves. We used to get such a joy from sharing our music.
  • Options
    Vinyl is god and nothing sounds anything quite like it but i couldnt take 40,000 tracks to a gig without mp3.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]Vinyl is god and nothing sounds anything quite like it but i couldnt take 40,000 tracks to a gig without mp3.

Can't you take a box of singles and a box of LP's, like we used to?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]Vinyl is god and nothing sounds anything quite like it but i couldnt take 40,000 tracks to a gig without mp3.

40,000, f*ck me, you must be knackered at the end of your gigs!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    1980: Dec 6th Top 10:
    1) Abba
    2) Blondie
    3) Boomtown Rats
    4) Madness
    5) Spandu Ballet
    6) Dennis Wateman
    7) Stephanie Mills
    8) Kool and the Gang
    9) Eddy Grant
    10) John Lennon.

Now name the songs...................(All 7" Vinyl !!)