Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

District 9

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
Watched this film last night over the internet. Have to say, i really enjoyed it! Im not a huge Sci-Fi fan but thought this was one of the most original films i have seen and at times really funny. ''Fooook!''

Anyone else seen it? thought it was good/crap?

Out in time for xmas so a good present for brother/dad.

Comments

• Options
    Seen it twice. My favourite movie of the year so far. Recommended.
  • Options
    I'd probably agree with that, I've watched a lot of poor films this year (Lovefilm has its downside)
  • Options
    we ned to fit thos gud demn prrrawns out of sud afrika
  • Options
    Went to the cinema to see it with my fella. Strangely for a Peter Jackson film hadn't heard anything about it till a couple of days before its release. Enjoyed it but then we're both sci fi freaks. I'll end up buying it on my next film splurge after the hell of December.
  • Options
    Read people on the internet moaning cos they didnt like the fact that it started as a mockumentary and then became a normal story. I quite enjoyed the beginning with the interviews etc, but im glad they stopped about 15 mins in otherwise it would have been quite boring.
  • Options
    Spot on Gary, i didn't realise anything like that was in the film, started watching and was praying the whole film wasn't made like a documentary. Not to say that was bad I just don't think it would have been good viewing for a couple of hours but it did work for that first part
  • Options
    I have it on Pirate DVD at home, just have not got round to watching it as yet.

(Hope Dazzler does not arrest me)
  • Options
    Knock off Nigel. ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I have it on Pirate DVD at home, just have not got round to watching it as yet.

He’s the type of man that does things on the cheap
    He steals money from whip-rounds the guy’s a real creep
    He nicks milk from the fridge whenever he can
    He buys knock-off films, what a grubby little man

He’s a knock off Nigel a knock off Nigel,
    Knock off Nigel buys knock off DVD's
  • Options
    Very good filum. Even my missus liked it (normally hates anything Sci-Fi).

Also saw Paranormal Activity last week. Not the new version but the original '07 one. Better ending apparently. Highly recommended.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loved it, the lead is excellent in it. I don't know how you manage to camp/farce and also pretty sincere emotion. they've rumoured he might be Murdock in the A Team film, I hope he doesn't as it's bound to be an absolute stinker and he deserves to get some properly decent projects.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]I have it on Pirate DVD at home, just have not got round to watching it as yet.

He’s the type of man that does things on the cheap
    He steals money from whip-rounds the guy’s a real creep
    He nicks milk from the fridge whenever he can
    He buys knock-off films, what a grubby little man

He’s a knock off Nigel a knock off Nigel,
    Knock off Nigel buys knock off DVD's

You've just described my housemate.

The fella in this Vikkus or whatever he was called had me in fits of laughter. Brilliant tash, and running into his house holding his arse whilst telling his fit wife 'darlink I think Iiive cripped ma pants' will live with me for a long time
  • Options
    I thought the first half was exceptional, but then it lost its way a bit when it remembered it was supposed to a blockbuster. The one dimensional bald guy gets involved and they all just run around shooting each other. It was still good, but I just kind of felt they set up all the apartheid analogy and then didn't go anywhere with it.
  • Options
    Kinda of agree with that. I've been bored with loads of fight/battle scenes since Braveheart, and the battle scenes bored me a little. But still thought the lead characters emotional journey was excellent and superbly played.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red Fraggle[/cite]Went to the cinema to see it with my fella. Strangely for a Peter Jackson film hadn't heard anything about it till a couple of days before its release. Enjoyed it but then we're both sci fi freaks. I'll end up buying it on my next film splurge after the hell of December.

It's actually written and directed by (something) Blomkamp. Peter Jackson just 'presents', which I guess means he produced or just lent his name to it in order to give it the publicity it deserves.

Best film I've seen in absolutely ages. Recommend to anyone. Bloody brilliant.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Kinda of agree with that. I've been bored with loads of fight/battle scenes since Braveheart, and the battle scenes bored me a little. But still thought the lead characters emotional journey was excellent and superbly played.

It was definitely a superb lead performance; his cheerfulness as the baby aliens burned to death with a 'popping noise, like popcorn!' was brilliantly chilling.
  • Options
    Believ he saw the short they made and provided the funding for a feature length film. So it's him and his studio that made the money out of it, and rightly so for spotting the potential.
  • Options
    Great film.