Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did you lose something?

edited December 2009 in Not Sports Related
Ever left a mobile in a black cab? Apparently, 10,000 phones are left in London cabs every month! Linky

Comments

• Options
    I lost mine on the train yesterday.
    Naturally it hasn't turned up at Lost Property.

After 13 years of having mobiles, first time I've ever lost one. Gutted!
  • Options
    Will be a lot of sufferers of NoMoPhobia out there, then...you know that feeling when you've left phone behind.
  • Options
    last time I got in a black cab a phone started ringing - wasn't mine or my G/F's ring tone. Found it, answered it and as if it was a very normal occurance, the cabby took it back to him after dropping us off.

For a fare I presume...
  • Options
    Im always losing my phone, its very annoying!

Although last time i left in a walkablout on a sunday then went onto a nearby pub and then realised about 20 mins later and some lady saw it drop out of my pocket as i was running across the road and handed it in which was a result

lost wallet before which received letter saying they had it and still had all the £50 in it, think the guy was a priest or sumthing. wish there were more ppl like that in the world but unfortunately most things are lost are never returned
  • Options
    i lost mine once on a train. The guy went to incredible lenghts to find who i was. This was difficult as it had a pin number before he could find any details. I'm not even sure how he did in the end. But i was very greatful because it had all my contact numbers (business and personal) which werent copied anywhere. He wouldn't even take a reward or money for a drink when we met up.

A while later I found one so also tracked the owner down.
  • Options
    I left my phone and wallet on top of a mates car couple years back at Stansted drop off point, got my case out the boot, completely forgot about them.

He drove off without me or him realising. Didn't realise until i went to buy some food. No money, no phone, no numbers. On my own.

Managed to remember a mates home number and find a customer service desk & got my lift to turn around. Cards scattered all over Stansted exit roundabout, phone smashed, flight missed.
  • Options
    was playing football near Kidbrooke and found a mobile in the car park. Rang the "home" number and it turned out that it belonged to a ridiculously attractive girl, about my age, who lived less than half a mile from me in Swanley!

She opened the door

said thankyou

tried to give me a fiver for my troubles (I declined - perhaps hoping for some sexytime instead)

she shut the door and I never saw her again :-(

sadly was before picture messaging so I couldn't even go through her phone either
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]was playing football near Kidbrooke and found a mobile in the car park. Rang the "home" number and it turned out that it belonged to a ridiculously attractive girl, about my age, who lived less than half a mile from me in Swanley!

She opened the door

said thankyou

tried to give me a fiver for my troubles (I declined - perhaps hoping for some sexytime instead)

she shut the door and I never saw her again :-(

sadly was before picture messaging so I couldn't even go through her phone either

Haha, you built that story up for a very disappointing conclusion!

I was hoping you were now happily married with two kids.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]I lost mine on the train yesterday.

Is that the old smashed up one you had last time i saw you ???
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

Unfortunately not, Uncle.
    That one had been in my pocket when the screen got cracked on the corner of a desk at work.

No, the one I lost was my company phone, with business and personal numbers .... and a few special photos that I hadn't got round to uploading.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]

Unfortunately not, Uncle.
    That one had been in my pocket when the screen got cracked on the corner of a desk at work.

No, the one I lost was my company phone, with business and personal numbers .... and a few special photos that I hadn't got round to uploading.

Oh sorry to hear that mate ... You never know it might turn up
  • Options
    I left mine on the roof of my car as I left Bolton once....needless to say, I never saw it again....However, I did leave my wallet in a phone box in Swanley once...it was handed in to the police station complete with every card and note......shows there are some good people left out there...somewhere...
  • Options
    Charlton Charlie has probably the worst left it in the back of a cab story I have ever heard.......I'll leave it to him to fill you all in!!!!.
  • Options
    I left my phone in the Odeon Norwich a couple of years ago. I hated the phone with a passion. Unfortunately for me they found it and rang me to tell me - I never went back for it.
  • Options
    I picked up a nice phone and a set of keys for a BMW at the Valley after the match against MK Dons. Gave them to a head steward type man who told me that loads of people leave phones and car keys behind them at the ground and never pick them up afterwards. The locker is full of the stuff, apparently. Check your pockets before you leave!
  • Options
    Never lost a phone, never lost a wallet, never lost a set of keys, never lost any money other than the odd coin or two. Watch me lose me bag tomorrow now with the lot in it!
  • Options
    Lost some braincells in the pub more than once......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Miserableold-ish git[/cite]Lost some braincells in the pub more than once......

LOL.......haven't we all, ha ha

You're in fine form this morning,Mr Carpet Slayer.

;o)