Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players Ratings vs. Brighton

WSSWSS
edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Usual ratings with half points if you want from those who were there.

Elliot-
Omozuzi-
Sodje-
Dailly-
Basey-
Wagstaff-
Bailey-
Semedo-
Sam-
Burton-
Mooney-

A.Sodje-
Mcleod-

Comments

• Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2009
    Elliot- 7, not much to do but made a decent class save in the first half (I think)
    Omozuzi- 7.5, much improved - looked comfortable going forward and dealing with runners
    Sodje- 7.5, won everything in the air
    Dailly- 7, composed
    Basey- 8, good defending, good attacking, good assist
    Wagstaff- 8, staked his claim for that wing, looked tidy and capable and got a deserved goal
    Bailey- 7, not his usual self but done nothing wrong
    Semedo-7, as above
    Sam- 7, always looks at threat but just stops running and is blowing out of his arse after 65mins
    Burton- 7.5, another hard working performance, didn't stick as much but a great headed goal
    Mooney-7, run around, made intelligent runs 0- would like to see him get a 'different' goal

A.Sodje-6.5, neat touches and flicks and could have had a goal
    Mcleod-6, no time to elbow anyone
  • Options
    Elliot-7.5
    Omozuzi-7.5(actually thought he did well suprisingly and last few mins was bombing up the left wing)
    Sodje-8
    Dailly-7.5
    Basey-7
    Wagstaff-7
    Bailey-6.5
    Semedo-6.5
    Sam-6
    Burton-7.5
    Mooney-6.5

A.Sodje-Not on long enough to judge
    Mcleod-as above

apologise if not that accurate but as those were there wud vouch was hard to make out ppl alot of the time the view was terrible!
  • Options
    Elliot- 6.5
    Omozuzi- 7
    Sodje- 7.5
    Dailly- 7
    Basey- 7
    Wagstaff- 7.5
    Bailey- 7.5
    Semedo- 7
    Sam- 6
    Burton- 7
    Mooney- 6.5

A.Sodje- 6.5
    Mcleod- not on long enough - although too long for me
  • Options
    Elliot-7
    Omozuzi-6.5
    Sodje-7
    Dailly-7
    Basey-7
    Wagstaff-6.5
    Bailey-7
    Semedo-7
    Sam-7.5
    Burton-7.5
    Mooney-7

A.Sodje-7
    Mcleod-6.5
  • Options
    Elliot- 7
    Omozuzi- 8
    Sodje- 7.5
    Dailly- 7.5
    Basey- 7.5
    Wagstaff- 8
    Bailey- 7
    Semedo- 7
    Sam- 7
    Burton- 7.5
    Mooney- 7

A.Sodje- 7
    Mcleod- 7
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Elliot- 7. Looked very nervous in the first half - some poor clearances/punches, but didn't have too much to do. One great throw out to Mooney in the 2nd half caused Brighton all sorts of problems.

Omozuzi- 6. Can't see what others see in him. Some real sunday football errors last night.

Sodje- 8. Solid all night, loves putting his head in where it hurts.

Dailly- 7. I'm glad we have someone who is so consistant and reliable at the back. Great signing.

Basey- 8. My MoM. Up and down the pitch all night, always wanting the ball, a voice like Deanos and that sweet left foot and an assist.

Wagstaff- 7. His best game for us, looked better on the right than left (well done Parky for swapping so quickly), though still reminds me too much of Ambrose.

Bailey- 7. Quieter night than recently, but again works his sock off and is always available. Should have scored with his misshit.

Semedo- 7. Plays the enforcer role well, particular when protecting Sam/Wagstaff. Along with Bailey, broke up most of their attacking options.

Sam- 7. Looked knackered for the last 15 minutes. Always a thorn in their side and his ball to Basey for the 1st goal was pinpoint.

Burton- 8. Another tireless day at the office. Great headed goal defended from the front and always making clever runs. Moved into pole position for my Player of the Year.

Mooney- 7. I like him. Again working from the front making their back four release the ball as soon as possible. Was really unlucky with their keeper making two fine saves towards the end to prevent his goal tally increasing.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Elliot- 7
    Omozuzi-7
    Sodje- 7.5
    Dailly- 7.5
    Basey- 8 (mom)
    Wagstaff-7
    Bailey-8
    Semedo-7.5
    Sam-7
    Burton-8
    Mooney-7

A.Sodje-6.6
    Mcleod-6

back four were superb. Many headed winners with balls coming in the box. Bailey 100% commitment and Basey - brilliant, worked very hard all game and kept bennett out the game.

And yes i was there everyone. LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]

And yes i was there everyone. LOL

But you were still too far away from play to see anything.

I bet, for this game, people listening to the radio commentary had far more idea what was happening, than those actually at the match...(!)

;o)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: c/a/f/c[/cite]

And yes i was there everyone. LOL[/quote]

But you were still too far away from play to see anything.

;o)[/quote]

Nope, was actually in the brighton end as the only way i could get tickets, was on 'official last warning' from the 'chief steward' for celebrating when we scored both goals
  • Options

Omozuzi-7

back four were superb.

Strange
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Elliot- 7
    Omozuzi- 7
    Sodje- 7
    Dailly- 7.5
    Basey- 7
    Wagstaff- 7
    Bailey- 7.5
    Semedo- 8.5
    Sam- 7.5
    Burton- 7.5
    Mooney- 6.5

A.Sodje- 7
    Mcleod- 5 (Didn't do anything wrong in his brief appearance, didn't do anything right either. Disappointed that he's still in first team contention.

Reckon Semedo will end up as player of the year. Excellent again last night, always gets a foot or head in to break up any oppo attacks and understands the importance of retaining possession rather than always looking for a killer pass.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Omozuzi-7

back four were superb.

Strange
    ?
  • Options
    Elliot-7.5
    Omozuzi-7.5
    Sodje-7.5
    Dailly-7
    Basey-7.5
    Wagstaff-8
    Bailey-7.5
    Semedo-7.5
    Sam-7
    Burton-7.5
    Mooney-7
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MrLargo[/cite]

Mcleod- 2 (Didn't do anything wrong in his brief appearance, didn't do anything right either. Disappointed that he's still in first team contention.

How can you mark a player 2 out of 10, for 5 minutes on the park ...... and even if he didn't contribute too much in his few touches, by your own admission he didn't do anything wrong.

Sounds like blind prejudice to me. Sorry.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

Mcleod- 2 (Didn't do anything wrong in his brief appearance, didn't do anything right either. Disappointed that he's still in first team contention.

How can you mark a player 2 out of 10, for 5 minutes on the park ...... and even if he didn't contribute too much in his few touches, by your own admission he didn't do anything wrong.

agree. Have lost my own faith in McLeod but score him and the rest on what they do on the pitch that game not pre-conceptions.
  • Options
    Talking of pre-conceptions. It's funny how opinions gather momentum and then stick. I've long liked Basey and thought he should be playing when others were saying he was poor. Now he is flavour of the month and apparently can do no wrong in sme people's minds. He was good going forward yesterday. But he did his defensive work right in front of me in the South Stand yesterday and that part of his game was poor. All their good attacks came on their right by going past him time and again. He also got very gobby with the ref and was lucky not to get a card.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Elliot- 6
    Omozuzi- 7.5
    Sodje- 8
    Dailly- 7
    Basey- 6
    Wagstaff- 7
    Bailey- 7
    Semedo- 8.5 MOM
    Sam- 6
    Burton- 6
    Mooney- 5

A.Sodje- 6
    Mcleod- 5

made sure I didnt look at anybody elses before choosing my scores but general agreement having now looked back. I thought Semedo was pivitol in breaking their attacks down and he produced some great blocks. Didnt rate Basey as highly as others as I still think he is still a little naive defensively and got the wrong side on a few occasions.
  • Options
    edited December 2009

Omozuzi-7

back four were superb.

Strange
    Yeah, as a unit they done well. As an indivudual performance (which the player ratings are made up of) - 7/10.
  • Options
    even more strange
  • Options
    good
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I give them all 10/10 as we won 2-0 and they were so far away I couldn't see anything so assume we did not make one mistake in the whole game. What a crap stadium
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]

agree. Have lost my own faith in McLeod but score him and the rest on what they do on the pitch that game not pre-conceptions.

Fair enough. I am sick of the sight of him in a Charlton shirt but as you say, for the purposes of this thread I should have rated him on his performance last night. I'll change it to a 5.
  • Options
    Elliot- 7 Not a great deal of action to get involved in, but good comeback from injury, distribution good, starting from where he left off
    Omozuzi- 7 Better than I have seen him recently, dealt well-ish with the threat from Brighton down the flanks and got forward
    Sodje- 7 threw himself at everything, won all in the air, distribution not so great today
    Dailly- 7 Did well marshalling back four
    Basey- 7.5 Did really well today getting forward and distribution good
    Wagstaff- 8, One of the best performances ive seen from him since he made the step up, didnt put a foot wrong, deserved goal, and looking stronger on the ball (finally)
    Bailey- 7, Perhaps under par today, but battled hard and got involved
    Semedo-7, Solid, dependable, uninspiring
    Sam- 7, Another fluctuating Sam performance, seemed to tire
    Burton- 7.5, Put a great shift in, deserved and scored a good goal
    Mooney- 7.5, Movement very good, unlucky not to score, a good foil and will score plenty more taps ins

A.Sodje-6.5, Not enough time to do his best, but did ok with the time he had
    Mcleod-6, too short time to make a judgement
  • Options
    Elliot- 7
    Omozuzi- 7
    Sodje- 7.5
    Dailly- 7
    Basey- 7.5
    Wagstaff- 7.5
    Bailey- 8
    Semedo- 7.5
    Sam- 7
    Burton- 7.5
    Mooney- 7

A.Sodje- 7
  • Options
    Elliot- 7
    Omozuzi-7
    Sodje- 8
    Dailly- 7.5
    Basey- 7.5
    Wagstaff- 8
    Bailey- 7.5
    Semedo- 7
    Sam- 7
    Burton- 8
    Mooney- 7.5

A.Sodje- 6.5
    Mcleod- Did he touch the ball? (5)
  • Options
    Elliot- 7
    Omozuzi- 7
    Sodje- 7
    Dailly- 7
    Basey- 8
    Wagstaff- 7.5
    Bailey- 8
    Semedo- 8
    Sam- 7
    Burton- 7
    Mooney- 8

A.Sodje- 7
    Mcleod- 6
  • Options
    Elliot-7 - solid not a lot to
    Omozuzi- 7 - improved showed promise but still gives me the wobbles defensively
    Sodje- 7.5 - very good after dodgy first 10 or 15
    Dailly- 8.5 - to me was outstanding
    Basey- 6.5 - not his best game i dint think although excellent run for 2nd goal
    Wagstaff- 7.5 - this guy is gonna be good
    Bailey- 7 - suprised he has such good marks from others - never stopped working but their central midfield won the battle in there
    Semedo- 7 - see bailey
    Sam- 7.5 - i thought did better than most and in 2nd half although not running at players was our most succesful outlet for holding play up and taking presure off
    Burton- 7 - good
    Mooney- 7

A.Sodje- 7.5 - thought he added quite abit when he came on - i hope he is happy with these cameos because its perfect for us at moment
    Mcleod - i won't give him a score because it would have to be 0 as he did nothing - not all his fault as he wasonly on for 2 minutes butwhat else can you give this guy -
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]Mcleod - i won't give him a score because it would have to be 0 as he did nothing - not all his fault as he wasonly on for 2 minutes butwhat else can you give this guy -
    a fair score for this game?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]Mcleod - i won't give him a score because it would have to be 0 as he did nothing - not all his fault as he wasonly on for 2 minutes butwhat else can you give this guy -
    a fair score for this game?

not possible mate, serously he was on for two minutes could give him average or poor marks in all respects. dont think he touched the ball and couldnt even remember him chasing after the ball. as i sed not his fault, just cannot mark him. although if you give someone a 0 they would have to had a bad game, well the worst game ever! and also be on the pitch for more then a half. still probably almost impossible to give a 0, likewise if you were to give someone a 10
    if ppl have sufficient time then should be 6 as average eg. if mcleod did nothing wrong but not his fault surely if any ratings should be a 6 no? unfortunately this is a grey area with these stats but his or A Sodje's wont be marked anyway as they have to had played at least 45 mins
  • Options
    ... wont be marked anyway as they have to had played at least 45 mins
    is there a fixed rule AFKA?