Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Happy Birthday Parky

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
From Givemefootball:

Phil Parkinson celebrated his birthday in style after hailing Charlton’s win at Brighton as their best away performance of the campaign.

The Addicks cemented second place in the League One table with a 2-0 triumph at the Withdean Stadium that left Parkinson purring. He was able to enjoy his birthday after their first successful road trip for three and a half months.

He said: “I'm very pleased. I thought it was a very professional performance. We took the spirit we showed at Yeovil into this game in terms of the professionalism of the team. I thought that was as good as we've played away from home this season.

“It wasn't always pretty and was a difficult pitch to play on. We were resilient as a team and I lost count at the number of blocks we got in on the edge of our box; people throwing themselves in front of the ball to protect the goal.

"That's the kind of mentality you need to get a clean sheet, and we showed that.

"Brighton are a good side and I said that to the lads in our team meeting yesterday. They have a real attacking threat in Bennett, Forster, Murray and Dickinson coming off the bench, and that strike force in this division is very good. I knew we would have to be right at the top of our game to get a clean sheet.

"It's about mentality away from home. We have to be strong as a unit. I've got to be fair to the lads, because they've been excellent for the majority of the season. We lost our away touch around the Carlisle game but not this time; we were excellent.

"I wouldn't say it's a monkey off our back as we've only lost two games all season in the league. A lot of the teams below us lost, so it's been a good night all round.”

Comments

• Options
    ah, if I'd known I'd have baked him a cake.
  • Options
    Lifted straight off the OS
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Lifted straight off the OS

Is this True ?
  • Options
    Happy Birthday Parky and congratulations on a superb 2/5 of the season so far - results and entertainment far exceeding most expectations. Now let's go for Leeds :-)
  • Options
    It was also my birthday yesterday and Chizz as well.
    If only we win all the games wwe play whilst I am 39.
  • Options
    Did no-one sing Happy Birthday at the match? Shame ;-)

Well done Parky- I've always had more faith in you than some, but you're continuing to surpass even my expectations. Just don't win that cursed manager of the month thing again, whatever you do...
  • Options
    Happy Birthday mate........

I reckon your alright......