Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Microphones

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
I was in the South Stand yesterday along with Brighton fans last night. They were commenting on the poor singing/chanting support from the away end. Now I don't think any group of fans would have been able to make more noise under the circumstances, but one of the guys behind me said - "Oh yes, Charlton - they don't even make any noise when they are at home." It's a perennial problem and we get regularly taunted by the away fans who can hear themselves good and loud in the Jimmy Seed and think we aren't making any noise even when we are. Has anyone ever thought of miking the North Upper and installing a couple of loudspeakers in the Jimmy Seed to show them just how much noise we can make? That might shut them up. And knowing that, it might encourage us to make even more noise.

Comments

• Options
    How would a Brighton fan know?

Think last time we played them was at Upton Park.

Not allowed to have amplified music etc during games.
  • Options
    Dont Stoke do it?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]How would a Brighton fan know?

I think we have an unfortunate reputation in the game generally for being quiet - a rep that has grown worse since the new North stand seems to swallow up the noise which doesn't carry to the JS. So all away fans think we're crap at supporting the team and it becomes a general chatter even for fans wh haven't been to The Valley

Amplified music, I understand, but amplified crowd noise?
  • Options
    We wouldn't have this problem if the East & West joined in

;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    There is/are mic(s) hanging from the edge of the roof in the North stand, right on the edge.

What their use is for though is beyond me???
  • Options
    Sound affect mics, for tv and radio.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]We wouldn't have this problem if the East & West joined in

;-)

We do when we can hear you above the noise of the away fans. :-)
  • Options
    I barely hear the away fans, the way it goes... none of the away fans this season have been much if any better than our away followings I've seen. Leeds may change that.

Perhaps we should move all the north stand into the east and get them to all face the Jimmy Seed and sing their hearts out. ;o)