Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky determined to keep hold of Newcastle target Sam

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4775899.Parky_determined_to_keep_hold_of_Newcastle_target_Sam/

Comments

• Options
    shurley your headline bears no resemblance to the article content - can't see any determination of any kind in there, are you looking for a move to a national redtop?

:)
  • Options
    He says he isn't selling anyone in January, that's determination enough to me in Charlton's current financial predicament : )
  • Options
    "I don’t think anyone is going to go in January and the board and myself are aware Lloyd Sam’s contract is up.”

we're not quite using the same definition of determination methinks
  • Options
    I'm with Razil on this one...
  • Options
    I think maybe Parky says: No to Winter Fire Sale, nice and catchy don't you think?

:)
  • Options
    Look at it this way. My initial question to Parky was based on this story which appeared on Sky's website yesterday

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5740686,00.html

I've also seen Sam's name linked with Newcastle elsewhere several times in the last couple of months, even at one point last season when they were still a Premiership club.

Therefore, for Parky to say today there has been no interest and he isn't expecting to sell anyone in January makes the Shopper headline and story fair enough. It also has quotes to back it up, unlike the Sky one above.
  • Options
    If Sam's contract is up in the summer and if he is unlikely to sign a new one, surely we have little option in our current financial predicament to realise that asset for the best price we can get?

I wouldn't want to lose him, but cannot afford the luxury of seeing players leave for nothing anymore, IMHO.
  • Options
    I think it is a risk worth taking if it means winning promotion
  • Options
    you could replace him for nowt in the summer but very unlikely in the winter transfer window
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]If Sam's contract is up in the summer and if he is unlikely to sign a new one, surely we have little option in our current financial predicament to realise that asset for the best price we can get?

I wouldn't want to lose him, but cannot afford the luxury of seeing players leave for nothing anymore, IMHO.

Murray said that there are about 14 players out of contract in the summer and we can't as a rule renew them at the moment as we can't necessarily afford to do so.
    If we are promoted then we'll offer deals then, knowing our financial position will be better.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]If Sam's contract is up in the summer and if he is unlikely to sign a new one, surely we have little option in our current financial predicament to realise that asset for the best price we can get?

Points is we don't know if is likely to re-sign or not and I doubt is Sam does either.

He maybe just as anxious about not being offered anything and being out of work. He will have seen Jon Fortune struggle to get an offer and end up taking 3 months at Sheff Utd.

Could be an incentive for him to play better or could be a distraction that hits his form.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]If Sam's contract is up in the summer[span]and if he is unlikely to sign a new one,[/span]surely we have little option in our current financial predicament to realise that asset for the best price we can get?

Points is we don't know if is likely to re-sign or not and I doubt is Sam does either.

He maybe just as anxious about not being offered anything and being out of work. He will have seen Jon Fortune struggle to get an offer and end up taking 3 months at Sheff Utd.

Could be an incentive for him to play better or could be a distraction that hits his form.

At the moment it appears that it is making them play better (although I don't know who "they" are).
  • Options
    Unless your a Prem player you are in strange unfamiliar territory at the moment. There are countless decent players either with no clubs or playing on short term, game by game contracts. He would do better to stay, help get us up & reassess his future then.