Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Eddie Izzard @ The O2

Anyone else going? Am sat waiting in the American Bar sippin a nice Sauvignon waiting for my best bud. Taking her for her Xmas pressie. Cant wait!

Comments

• Options
    i'll be there in an hour!

think we are going gaucho's though
  • Options
    I've seen the show.
    It's hilarious- you will love it.
  • Options
    Aww I'm all jealous but luckily I'm off to see him after the Shrimpers match at Wembley Arena so I'll have to lay off the pints an ickle bit. Kinda regretting not booking for the O2 midweek instead due to all the engineering works and line closures you get at the weekends. It's turned my fella into a grumbling old woman. I think I just got far too excited about seeing him when I first heard and didn't consider how dumb I was being going at the weekend.

Have a brilliant time and she's lucky to get such an excellent present. Covered in Bees!
  • Options
    Each to their own. I was offered 2 for free tonight and turned them down.
  • Options
    Interval time & Bezmate & I are larfin loads. Nearly as much as when we went on the roller coaster before the show. Lifes Good!
  • Options
    Amuse bouche. Whatever the hell that is
  • Options
    I hope you all enjoy it, Eddie's a good Palace lad.

I last saw him at Fairfield Halls in a benefit for Palace for when we were in administration, I wonder if any of his fee's could go to Simon.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: budgie[/cite]I hope you all enjoy it, Eddie's a good Palace lad.

well he did say that he was in east london
  • Options
    Just got home.
    Wasn't sure what to expect (it's the wife who's the fan) but I had fun - some real laugh out loud moments.
  • Options
    Eddie Izzard, a Palace fan.

Says it all.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Possibly the only issue on which Palace have an advantage over us - Eddie Izzard, Mark Steel, Jo Brand and Kevin Day versus Jim Davidson - they win hands down. Saw Mark Steel at Blackheath Halls very funny, but several gags at our expense.
  • Options
    Strange that Eddies a Nigel. Thought he came from Eastbourne? Would qualify for their best mates on the coast surely? Had an absolutely blast last night 'You must be Pig?' lol :-D
  • Options
    Are you stalking me LilSis ?
    First Spandau, now Eddie Izzard.
    Went last night with Mrs Lung for my birthday.
    400g ribeye in Gaucho first, then the show.
    Had good seats - block 111 row D.

Thought he was quality - not sure even he knows where he is going with some of his random ramblings.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: JohnnyJoeyDeeDee[/cite]Possibly the only issue on which Palace have an advantage over us - Eddie Izzard, Mark Steel, Jo Brand and Kevin Day versus Jim Davidson - they win hands down. Saw Mark Steel at Blackheath Halls very funny, but several gags at our expense.[/quote]

Kevin Day? Cannot stand him.

Mark Steel is very funny and so is Jo Brand in parts.

I think Malcolm Hardee was a Charlton fan? He was funny as f*ck.

Funniest Charlton comedian (Bar Traore and Faye):
  • Options
    Thought it tailed off towards the end but overall very funny.

Loving the raptor impression "45?"
    and jazz chicken
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Didn't Frankie Howerd have Charlton sympathies? I am pretty sure he did. Was he not pictured at Sparrows Lane with a Charlton scarf aloft? If I didn't imagine this then he is by far the greatest Addick funny man indeed one of the greatest funny men full stop. (not including Ralph Milne)
    James Robertson Justice visiting Charlton players in dressing rooms in the 50's (Ooh err missus). Not forgetting Tony Hancock doing a Sam Bartram impersonation whilst he did his skit on British Movietone News in his stand up in the 50's and 60's. (although I'm not sure thelast two qualify on that evidence but here's hoping!)
    Despite being a Relapse fan Eddie Izzard is brilliant and a decent straight actor to boot.
  • Options
    Steve Sutherland got Frankie to do a benefit for the club, that was where the scarf photo came from. Don't think he was much of a football fan to be honest, but was happy to help out his local club when times were hard.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Steve Sutherland got Frankie to do a benefit for the club, that was where the scarf photo came from. Don't think he was much of a football fan to be honest, but was happy to help out his local club when times were hard.[/quote]

Yes, I think Frankie may have been interested in footballers, not actually footballl.

Still a comedy legend though and from Eltham - also the birthplace of Bob Hope.
  • Options
    FFS Eddie/Suzy Izzard has some real identity issues to work through.

I mean a Crystal Palace Director  yet at the same time a lover of model trains?! We know who you really are.

from Wikipedia:

Izzard supports Crystal Palace FC, and became an associate director at the club on 16 July 2012.[101]She is also an accomplished train modeller.[102]
  • Options
    edited March 2023
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS Eddie/Suzy Izzard has some real identity issues to work through.

I mean a Crystal Palace Director  yet at the same time a lover of model trains?! We know who you really are.

from Wikipedia:

Izzard supports Crystal Palace FC, and became an associate director at the club on 16 July 2012.[101]She is also an accomplished train modeller.[102]
    His model train set is in the small museum in Devonshire Park in Bexhill. Worth a visit, quite an interesting little museum.
  • Options
    And the “Resurrect a completely random thread from the distant past” award goes to………
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/62311/old-threads-being-resurrected/p2