Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

STATBANK - Post Brighton A

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
MATCH STATS
...........................CAFC.....BHAFC

Goals...................... 2...........0
Possession...............48%........52%
Shots (target)............5...........2
Shots (off-target)…......5...........5
Corners....................3...........12
Fouls......................14..........14
Yellow cards...............4...........3
Red Cards.................0...........0
Att. 6,769 (861 Charlton, 29 no shows)

MATCH STATS AVERAGES THIS SEASON

............................CAFC.....OPPO

Goals......................1.89.......1.00
Possession...............51.5%....48.5%
Shots (target)............6.5........5.6
Shots (off-target)…......5.7........4.6
Corners....................5.5........6.3
Fouls......................13.8.......12.4
Yellow cards...............2.1........2.0

PLAYER RATINGS
(sample 17 Lifers)

Elliot 6.97
Omozuzi 7.03
Sodje 7.44
Dailly 7.24
Basey 7.29
Wagstaff 7.41
Bailey 7.29
Semedo 7.26
Sam 6.79
Burton 7.44
Mooney 6.94

Ave rating – 7.19

Highest ave. rating Lifer – Stone - 7.45
Lowest ave. rating Lifer – oohaahmortimer – 6.68

AVERAGE PLAYER RATINGS SO FAR THIS SEASON
(appearances of 30 mins + in brackets)

= Semedo - 7.28 (15)
* Basey 7.08 (5)
-1 S Sodje 7.08 (7)
-1 Dailly - 7.01 (19)
-1 Burton - 6.94 (19)
+2 Bailey - 6.90 (19)
= Elliot - 6.90 (15)
-3 Racon - 6.89 (17)
-3 Youga - 6.89 (18)
-1 Richardson - 6.81 (15)
-1 Sam - 6.78 (19)
-1 Shelvey - 6.74 (13)
-1 Spring 6.46 (5)
-1 Llera - 6.36 (13)

(Players with less than five appearances)

A Sodje 8.00 (1)
Wagstaff 7.10 (3)
Mooney 7.04 (4)
Ikeme 6.55 (4)
Omozusi 6.15 (3)
McLeod 5.61 (3)

MAN OF THE MATCH AWARDS

H Wycombe - RACON (7.44)
A Hartlepool - BURTON (7.76)
A Orient - RACON (7.93)
H Walsall - SEMEDO (8.23)
A Tranmere - SAM (9.50)
H Brentford - SEMEDO (8.34)
H Southampton - ELLIOT (7.44)
A Norwich – SHELVEY (7.80)
H Exeter - YOUGA (7.86)
A Colchester – RICHARDSON (6.08)
A Leeds – SODJE (8.02)
H Oldham - YOUGA (7.88)
H Huddersfield - YOUGA (7.95)
A Gillingham – ELLIOT (7.95)
A Carlisle – IKEME (6.42)
H MK Dons – BAILEY (8.71)
A Yeovil - BAILEY (8.29)
H - Bristol R - BAILEY (7.93)
A - Brighton - S SODJE / BURTON (7.44)

GOALS

Burton 9
Bailey 6
Sam 4
Shelvey 2
Llera 2
McLeod 2
S Sodje 2
Wagstaff 2
Mooney 2
A Sodje 2
Semedo 1
Dailly 1
OG 1

YELLOW CARDS

Semedo 5
Llera 4
McLeod 4
Youga 4
Dailly 4
Sam 3
Sodje 3
Racon 2
Shelvey 2
Burton 2
Elliot 2
Bailey 1
Richardson 1
Stavrinou 1
Wagstaff 1
Spring 1
McKenzie 1
Omozusi 1
Mooney 1

RED CARDS

S Sodje 1

TIME OF GOALS

.................0-15...16-30...31-45... 46-60...61-75...76-90....Total

Scored...........4.......12.........4.........5.......6........5.........36

Conceded........1.......2..........8.........2.......2........4......... 19

GOALS PER GAME – 2.89

POINTS PER GAME – 2.05

LEAGUE ONE STATS

Games played…………....226
Games remaining……….326
% played………………......40%
Home wins…………….....46%
Draws…………………......27%
Away wins………….......27%
Goals per match……... 2.73
Goals p. match (H)…...1.56
Goals p. match (A)….. 1.16
Over 2.5 goals……….....52%
Under 2.5 goals………...48%

MISCELLANEOUS STATS (AFKA/ Salad)

Nicky Bailey averages :
Left midfield - 6.59
Centre midfield - 8.06

With 38 bookings, Charlton have the second most yellow cards in the division - MK Dons are runaway leaders on 51 and Saturday's opponents Southend are 3rd on 37.

Charlton have won all 6 home games where we had a half-time lead.

Five out of the eleven wins Charlton have recorded, have been when the team has had less than 50% possession.

Southend score over a quarter of their goals in the last five minutes of the game and haven't drawn a game since September 11th.

Southend have now lost two consecutive games on five occassions this season. In all of the previous four occassions, they then won the next game. Southend have lost their last two games....

Comments

• Options
    Good work, but what about assists?

Burton on 9 goals and Sam on 4 - probably about 8 goals more than a lot would have predicted for the two of them.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Good work, but what about assists?

I've dropped the assists as it was proving too much of a grey area. I was using the basis that the last Charlton player to have an impact on the ball before the goal got the assist, but take our 2nd goal for example the other night, it was a decent ball in by Basey, Burton got a scuff on it, and Wagstaff finished. By how i was doing them, Burton would have got the assist, but that doesn't really tell you anything, does it ?
  • Options
    I'm surprised that being so highly rated Racon doesn't have a goal this season nor did he have an assist until you dropped them. This from an attacking midfield player having played 17 games this season is not quite the stats i expected from him
  • Options
    I too would've expected a bigger goal/assist contribution unc but i suppose in his defence, for at least half those games he was a central midfielder of 5 with Deon, JJ and two wingers expected to dictate the attacking play...
  • Options
    He was still the more attacking midfielder with Semedo being the holding one
  • Options
    I'd stick with the assists AFKA even if they're sometimes open to debate.

It gives us an overall view who has contributed at the cutting edge.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stone[/cite]I'd stick with the assists AFKA even if they're sometimes open to debate.

It gives us an overall view who has contributed at the cutting edge.

Agreed ..........

And with our 2nd goal at Brighton (even though I wasn't there, I probably had a better view than those that wer.... lol),
    even though there was some sort of touch from Burton, it sounded like Basey put in the significant cross - without that, the chance could never have been created ....... so inclined to credit the assist to Basey.
  • Options
    agreed also, perhaps on the basis that the last Charlton player to have a [u]significant[/u] impact on the ball before the goal scorer gets the assist. When in doubt just stick with the last touch.

Where there is an assist then it will usually go to the last Charlton player to touch the ball before the goal scorer, but on rare occaisons that player's contact will have been much less significant than the previous player's contribution. The Brighton goal was probably the first such this season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I'm surprised that being so highly rated Racon doesn't have a goal this season nor did he have an assist until you dropped them. This from an attacking midfield player having played 17 games this season is not quite the stats i expected from him

For a good footballer his lack of ability in front of goal is strange, and outside of the defence he's the only attacker/midfielder we've used not to score.

Surely there must be a pair of Super Clive's boots knocking around somewhere that he can have?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I'm surprised that being so highly rated Racon doesn't have a goal this season

I don't quite get your definition of highly rated. Looking at the average ratings for the season shows Racon placed 9th (behind Youga on the MOM countback) or 12th if you include all players. Surely the fact that the fans have rated Racon as our 12th highest player isn't a real cause for your surprise. Maybe you had another reason for rubbishing Racon. If we don't pick Racon to replace Semedo at the weekend do you have any other names to suggest? :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Last season Racon score 2 goals from superb long distance shots.

To be fair, earlier this season he was trying the same sort of thing ...... but either narrowly wide or the keeper pulling off the save. That's football I suppose - but should generally even itself out over the season.

Trouble is, compared to earlier this season, Racon has certainly gone off the boil during the last month or so.
  • Options
    I saw him miss a couple of sitters though two, maybe it's one of those things, but the way we are set up we need the midfield and the deeper lying strikers to contribute and the good news is that with around ten different scorers this season, they have done. But a few goals from Racon wouldn't go amiss.
  • Options
    We're very quick to jump on players at the slightest loss off form.
  • Options
    I'm a big fan of Racon, but from the last few matches I've seen he has been struggling and has needed this spell on the bench, we can't expect players to play out of their skins every match, he'll come back stronger for it and that's what we need from him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]We're very quick to jump on players at the slightest loss off form.
    ever since that knock about 6-7th game in he's been off the boil!
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: sygonrima[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I'm surprised that being so highly rated Racon doesn't have a goal this season

I don't quite get your definition of highly rated. Looking at the average ratings for the season shows Racon placed 9th (behind Youga on the MOM countback) or 12th if you include all players. Surely the fact that the fans have rated Racon as our 12th highest player isn't a real cause for your surprise. Maybe you had another reason for rubbishing Racon. If we don't pick Racon to replace Semedo at the weekend do you have any other names to suggest? :)
    What?? Rubbish Racon, where have i done that? I'm stating facts about stats in the stats thread if you dont like that then dont f**king read it!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sygonrima[/cite]

What?? Rubbish Racon, where have i done that? I'm stating facts about stats in the stats thread if you dont like that then dont f**king read it!!

If you make a comment on a forum you must expect people to "f**king read it". If you can't take people dissagreeing with you then don't f**king post it. ( no smiley this time)
  • Options
    There is no point replying to you because my post will be edited. But as i expected you still haven't f**king read it have you? Otherwise my mantally challenged friend you would have explained to me where i rubbished Racon. Now go and have your tea i think mummy is calling you
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Popcorn get your popcorn ;o)

Guys chill out already...

Uncle it's an opinion based sport so let him have his opinion, he thinks you're rubbishing - i think it's a simple criticism of a player we all expected to MUCH better than he has so far.

Sygonrima he didnt rubbish Racon but obviously is confused as to WHY Jonjo and other midfielders aren't getting played and why after a few poor performances fans are calling for Racon over these others... If Uncle is mainly upset r.e Jonjo that would be one player I empathise with him about.

Jonjo would be my choice in the middle with spring on the bench if its not working I dont think Racon is defensive enough for what we need whereas Jonjo can play anywhere in the centre of the park.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]There is no point replying to you because my post will be edited. But as i expected you still haven't f**king read it have you? Otherwise my mantally challenged friend you would have explained to me where i rubbished Racon. Now go and have your tea i think mummy is calling you

Only as you are insisting I explain.

To rubbish - To criticise negatively.

(Note. Only pointing out negative facts is still negative criticism even if the facts are true if no positive commets are also included.)

1.You point out that Racon has not scored this season. Negative 1 Positive 0

2.You point out that Racon has no assists this season. Negative 2 Positive 0

3.You use 1 and 2 above to express "surprise" at Racon being Highly Rated. Negative 3 Positive 0

4. You make the statement "not quite the stats I expected from him". Negative 4 positive 0

You also chose to make these comments in the stats forum after a game that Racon didn't even play when his stats hadn't even changed.

While There is nothing wrong with the relative of one player pointing out the shortcommings of his competition. I feel that it is only fair that he should take mild ribbing when he does so.

I would however be very mentally challenged if I could here mummy calling me as she died years ago. :) (will try with the smiley again.)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler with all due respect mate i haven't stopped anyone having there say. I just dont like people lying when they do. I'm asking him to show where i rubbished Racon,i haven't said anything aboput Jonjo an to be honest i dont know why you've made yourself so busy
  • Options
    Sorry Uncle, didnt mean to incinuate or make myself so "busy" lol (p.s edited my original post to better match my opinion lol)

Anyway CANT WE ALL JUST BE FWIENDS????

;oD
  • Options
    They aint negatives they are facts. Do you have a go at AFKA for posting these stats?? If the stats aint there then i wont comment. I thought the idea of posting the stats was so that people can discus them, does that mean only discussing them if its what you want to hear. This is about opinions and its my opinion that it suprised me that the main attacking midfield player playing in a team that is 2nd in the table and having scored 36 goals and he has not scored or assisted in one of those. I'm sorry if you feel i'm rubbishing anyone but i think you'll find i'm just discussing the facts.
  • Options
    By the way i'm not upset about Jonjo he's 17 with the world at his feet so why would i be,he's learning his trade and learning it very well. Evey game he gets is another piece of education he will need in his journey to be the best he can. I sometimes take offence to people going on about his ego and such things because that is personal and if they dont know him they cant really comment on it. He is doing fantastic in terms of where he's got in his life so far, so please dont assume i'm upset about Jonjo... I'm just bloody proud.
  • Options
    I'm proud for him to be at our club and I apologise for assuming.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]By the way i'm not upset about Jonjo he's 17 with the world at his feet so why would i be,he's learning his trade and learning it very well. Evey game he gets is another piece of education he will need in his journey to be the best he can. I sometimes take offence to people going on about his ego and such things because that is personal and if they dont know him they cant really comment on it. He is doing fantastic in terms of where he's got in his life so far, so please dont assume i'm upset about Jonjo... I'm just bloody proud.

I appreciate that you have a bias and an insight and I for one don't see any ego about his play - other than that he runs too much and perhaps tries too hard I think he's a very mature player for his age and a good team player - sometimes it's hard to believe that he's only 17.

However, I'm sure on occasion you've slagged off players who you don't know because of a perception of the way they are that may be at total odds with reality.

Plus, this is Charlton and apart from the person we tend to be pretty level-headed, and we all know that barring injury or illness that Jonjo is on his way to the Premiership in a season or two and the criticism that he'll get there will be nothing compared with the odd know-it all you encounter here. In addition to his form he'll find his private life and motivations being dissected in minute detail, just wait till he has a bad couple of games for West Ham or Chelsea or whichever club employs his services....You'd best get used to inane criticism and take it in your stride, it isn't going to go away.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    all we are saying is save our assists
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]By the way i'm not upset about Jonjo he's 17 with the world at his feet so why would i be,he's learning his trade and learning it very well. Evey game he gets is another piece of education he will need in his journey to be the best he can. I sometimes take offence to people going on about his ego and such things because that is personal and if they dont know him they cant really comment on it. He is doing fantastic in terms of where he's got in his life so far, so please dont assume i'm upset about Jonjo... I'm just bloody proud.

Agree with every word of that, You have every right to be bloody proud, JonJo is a fantastic prospect.

I don't understand the people who go on about his ego. Nearly everthing I have seen about him from the way he has discussed Bostocks position to the fact that he still has time for the youth players shows that he is about as well grounded as a pro can get.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]By the way i'm not upset about Jonjo he's 17 with the world at his feet so why would i be,he's learning his trade and learning it very well. Evey game he gets is another piece of education he will need in his journey to be the best he can. I sometimes take offence to people going on about his ego and such things because that is personal and if they dont know him they cant really comment on it. He is doing fantastic in terms of where he's got in his life so far, so please dont assume i'm upset about Jonjo... I'm just bloody proud.[/quote]

I appreciate that you have a bias and an insight and I for one don't see any ego about his play - other than that he runs too much and perhaps tries too hard I think he's a very mature player for his age and a good team player - sometimes it's hard to believe that he's only 17.

However, I'm sure on occasion you've slagged off players who you don't know because of a perception of the way they are that may be at total odds with reality.

Plus, this is Charlton and apart from the person we tend to be pretty level-headed, and we all know that barring injury or illness that Jonjo is on his way to the Premiership in a season or two and the criticism that he'll get there will be nothing compared with the odd know-it all you encounter here. In addition to his form he'll find his private life and motivations being dissected in minute detail, just wait till he has a bad couple of games for West Ham or Chelsea or whichever club employs his services....You'd best get used to inane criticism and take it in your stride, it isn't going to go away.[/quote]

I actually dont see your point!!! I made a comment about a player (not a bad one i dont think) and was told i was rubbishing him. Now from that you have got involved and are now telling me i need to get used to it. This isn't or wasn't ever about jonjo till all you little people got involved. I made a comment about Racon if you have some intelligent imput about THAT comment then i will happily read it. I fail to see why every comment i make turns into a debate about jonjo. Christ we can discus other players surely