Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CHECK THIS OUT: RETRO STADIUM PHOTOS

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
This one will bring back some memories......Just came across this fascinating facebook application, this will give you something to do for the rest of the day.

I think this is a very sad topic because think of the joy and memories that so many hundreds and thousands of people held in these stadiums over the years, and these places are replaced by plastic, souless awful grounds, such a shame....At least we still have the Valley but i did love the raw openess of the original ground years ago.
I remember so many of these grounds from 80s away trips like the freezing tuesday night in Oldham and their plastic pitch, the openess of Barnsley and the ramshackled Manor Ground at Oxford to name just a few.

PS: I only flicked through it quickly and could find any Charlton pics on there!! Anyone Else?

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8744082721

Comments

• Options
    Brilliant. Great one for a Friday.

Pic of away end at Goodison brought back memories of going up there in 86/87 I think and a dodgy meat pie - I forgot that terrace was so small
  • Options
    A few old memories there, Blackpool, Layer Road, Oldham, WBA, Ewood Park, Huddersfield, Walsall, Oxford Utd, etc etc

Great link, cheers.
  • Options
    Jeez ......... at a quick glance at that list I counted 28 grounds that I'd seen Charlton play on.
  • Options
    Some lovely old photos..,.particularly liked the old Shots of Cathkin Park and Norwich City...The nest
  • Options
    Some time ago on here, there was a thread or something about abandoned football grounds in London, with links.
    But can't recall details.
  • Options
    Fantastic memories. I remember standing on that 5 step terrace at Goodison.