Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA World Cup Draw Confirmed: Post 30

2»

Comments

• Options
    I think we'll get one of Serbia or Germany though.
  • Options
    England - USA 12th June
    England - Algeria 18th June
    Engalnd - Slovenia - 23rd June
  • Options
    What i want to know is how some bloke up the front of the audience was shouting out who the team on the slip of paper was before the french guy even opened up the drawn ball!? Its such a fix...surprise surprise France are in South Africas group!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]England - USA 12th June
    England - Algeria 18th June
    Engalnd - Slovenia - 23rd June
    would have preferred USA last.
  • Options
    group b looks like the most opem group, any 2 could conceivably go through
  • Options
    Slovenia and Algeria only qualified through play-offs.
  • Options
    I honestly think the worst group is Germany's!If it were England in that group i wouldnt even fancy playing Australia let alone Serbia and Ghana!
  • Options
    I think Germany's group is easily the hardest. Brazil's group looks tough enough until you remember that North Korea are there and Asian teams aren't the Mae West.

Should be an easy enough qualification, win or lose against USA (and I think England could well lose that one), but the second round will be tough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]group b looks like the most opem group, any 2 could conceivably go through

Group B reminds me of USA '94. The first World Cup I remember. I'm not really sure why I have such vivid memories of Nigeria, Argentina and Greece playing each other. It could be open, but I reckon Argentina will be through, along with A.N. Other.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Can't believe that of all the seeded teams, France got South Africa. Lucky bastards!

We've got a decent draw.

I think Group G is the hardest except that North Korea are in it. Therefore it's 2 out of 3 very strong teams.

Perhaps Group D is overall the strongest then - in which case our draw is not so good when you look ahead to the second round.

Incidentally, they couldn't even be bothered to show the draw live on TV here in France.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have a feeling that Brazilare over hyped and won't make the knock outs
  • Options
    Should be an easy enough qualification, win or lose against USA (and I think England could well lose that one), but the second round will be tough.

Agreed, but on paper it looks like the best thing to do will be to go though as champions of our group, and play the runner-up from that group. But there shouldn't be any easy matches at the ko stage and whoever we play will fear England more than we should fear them.
  • Options
    Spot on BFR about teams fearing us. Think we have had a right touch. Germany will be very eager to win their group, and on the big stage they are so consistent. I think we will play Serbia in the second round.

Roll on June!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]I have a feeling that Brazilare over hyped and won't make the knock outs

Don't think so.

They won the South American qualifiers.

They have over 100 players who are playing this season in the Champions League (compared to under 20 for England)

Hyped yes, but not over-hyped. They are the favourites.

It is a tough group though.
  • Options
    And here's the first wallchart!

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/tournament/competition/64/42/24/wc2010matchschedulever1.pdf
  • Options
    England and the USA to march on then.
  • Options
    I reckon it will be a much closer group than people imagine. Algeria could put one over the US. I also remember Slovenia in 2000 - they gave teams a real run for their money.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I reckon it will be a much closer group than people imagine. Algeria could put one over the US. I also remember Slovenia in 2000 - they gave teams a real run for their money.

It probably will be closer in reality than it appears, but the draw has been kind to us.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I reckon it will be a much closer group than people imagine. Algeria could put one over the US. I also remember Slovenia in 2000 - they gave teams a real run for their money.

It probably will be closer in reality than it appears, but the draw has been kind to us.

We deserve a kind draw though. What pisses me off is the luck of the French. I would have preferred for them to be in our group.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/8511556.stm

The usual saga of whether one of our best players will be fit is up and running already..