Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Guess the teams in England's World Cup Group

Comments

• Options
    But which group number is going to be called the "Group of Death"?
  • Options
    Group D
    England
    Australia
    Paraguay
    Serbia

We'll go out at the group stages as the fixtures will be rigged and we'll end up playing at altitude so Paraguay sneak past us. Serbia will get 7 points in the group (1-1 vs England) but defeat to Paraguay sends us crashing out. Australia are just guff and finish with nil points

Serbia 7
    Paraguay 6
    England 4
    Australia 0

Serbia go on to lose in the semis to eventual runners up Ivory Coast who are edged out by Spain in the final. Serbia win 3rd place play off against Brazil
  • Options
    England
    N Korea
    Paraguay
    Switzerland

Group E
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]Group D
    England
    Australia
    Paraguay
    Serbia

We'll go out at the group stages as the fixtures will be rigged and we'll end up playing at altitude so Paraguay sneak past us. Serbia will get 7 points in the group (1-1 vs England) but defeat to Paraguay sends us crashing out. Australia are just guff and finish with nil points

Serbia 7
    Paraguay 6
    England 4
    Australia 0

Serbia go on to lose in the semis to eventual runners up Ivory Coast who are edged out by Spain in the final. Serbia win 3rd place play off against Brazil

If this happens, i'll eat my own s**t.
  • Options
    Group E

England
    Mexico
    Ghana
    Portugal
  • Options
    England
    Japan
    Cameroon
    France

Group C

For some reason, i am mildly excited by this draw
  • Options
    Group G

England
    Honduras
    Cameroon
    Greece
  • Options
    Group B

England
    South Korea
    Chile
    Switzerland
  • Options
    England, New Zealand, Ghana, Switzerland
    Group D
  • Options
    England
    Australia
    Cameroon
    Switzerland

Group C
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    England
    Australia
    Ivory Coast
    Portugal

Group F
  • Options
    Group D

England
    Mexico
    Chile
    Denmark
  • Options
    England
    France
    Chile
    North Korea

group E
  • Options
    Last dress rehearsal for draw....England got....Australia...France....Nigeria
  • Options
    They will warm up Frances ball so they get drawn with South Africa.
  • Options
    England
    North Korea
    Nigeria
    Greece

Group C
  • Options
    Group H:
    England, Japan, Uruguay, Switzerland.
  • Options
    I got the group right
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]I got the group right

my prediction isn't looking too rosy thus far!

And I hate USA!
  • Options
    I think the group is the best i'll do
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really think we'll get the yanks.

D-BECK
  • Options
    jt was the closest with 3 out of 4 but no correct answer so we aare keeping the final tickets for ourselves.

Not a bad group for us.
  • Options
    sackitsteve too
  • Options
    I was minging
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]They will warm up Frances ball so they get drawn with South Africa.

It is a bit of a coincidence that france, unseeded, get the only group without a seeded team in it (SA are only seeded due to be hosts, not because they're any good)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]They will warm up Frances ball so they get drawn with South Africa.

It is a bit of a coincidence that france, unseeded, get the only group without a seeded team in it (SA are only seeded due to be hosts, not because they're any good)

Exactly. Our mate Platini probably shoved the ball up his harris, warmed it up and by 'coincidence' they get drawn with SA.
  • Options
    I think if they wanted France to get an easy group, the best way to do it would've been to seed them ahead of one of England, Argentina or Netherlands. They were in the last final, lest we forget. Plenty of reason to seed them.
  • Options
    its a draw. Italy and Spain got better draws than France.

England get seeded as much for the revenue they draw than their ''fantastic'' track record so lets no get all high and mighty about the French.
  • Options
    England deserved to be seeded, their record was seven wins from eight qualifying games, France only just scraped through on a play-off. Of the two France if they'd been seeded would have led to accusations of FIFA bias.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]England deserved to be seeded, their record was seven wins from eight qualifying games, France only just scraped through on a play-off. Of the two France if they'd been seeded would have led to accusations of FIFA bias.

If you really want to have this discussion, France were at Euro 2008, and were champions and finalists in the last three World Cups. Also finalists in the European Championships. Their ranking wasn't a million miles off England's, so their performance in recent major tournaments (which is a lot better) could've been used easily in justifying giving them a seeding. Italy are seeded because they're champions, not because they're good (they are good, but World Champions is the reason why they're seeded). It's not a big stretch to give France a seeding because they were beaten on penalties in the last final.

Besides, I didn't say it would definitely be England that would miss out. It probably should've been Argentina, if anyone, but that would make the pots awkward. And England won 9 from 10, by the way ;)

And I didn't say France should've been seeded either, just that if FIFA were going to go to the bother of giving France an easy group, the easiest was to do that would've been to seed them.