Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend in HD!

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
For all subscribers to my You Tube channel and fans of the videos in general, the plan for tomorrow is to use an HD cam to get better footage and zoom for away fans and other sections of the ground as well as general footage and audio. Also im gonna start getting predictions before the kick off say from half a dozen people so if you wanna participate in that and your in my vicinity of the North Upper then anyones welcome.

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]For all subscribers to my You Tube channel and fans of the videos in general, the plan for tomorrow is to use a SONY HD cam to get better footage and zoom for away fans and other sections of the ground as well as general footage and audio. Also im gonna start getting predictions before the kick off say from half a dozen people so if you wanna participate in that and your in my vicinity of the North Upper then anyones welcome.

cue stewards in north upper being briefed to thrown out someone wielding a sony HD camera.
  • Options
    Iv changed my mind now then lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: choice[/cite]Iv changed my mind now then lol

you'll be alright, just get yourself a top hat and cut a little hole in the front. Stick the camera on your head and nobody will suspect a thing.
  • Options
    I think i may downgrade that idea to a camera with video facility, should be better than the phone but the HD Cam would have been awesome.
  • Options
    A better resolution will also prove invaluable from 5pm on 19th December to aid the process of away fan indentification lol!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]

you'll be alright, just get yourself a top hat and cut a little hole in the front. Stick the camera on your head and nobody will suspect a thing.

Somebody's already made one Hat Cam

Shame there's no sound
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: CatAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]

Somebody's already made oneHat Cam

Shame there's no sound

Is that like Hat FM

tim_hat_396x222.jpg
  • Options
    Or this one...
  • Options
    I will be keeping an eye out for you in the NU
  • Options
    Don't get to flash or they may start asking u for permision to film and even charge you keep it simple and they can't do owt any trouble just blag your way out of it, also need to get everyone to sign a release form if one on one interviews otherwise you could be sued even tho its harmless fun, use of image is a big deal and filming without permision they could have u evicted and equipment seized media law hat off now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Don't get to flash or they may start asking u for permision to film and even charge you keep it simple and they can't do owt any trouble just blag your way out of it, also need to get everyone to sign a release form if one on one interviews otherwise you could be sued even tho its harmless fun, use of image is a big deal and filming without permision they could have u evicted and equipment seized media law hat off now.

I don't think this is true for footage not intended for TV broadcast. Vidoes on YouTube and the like don't require release forms as far as I know. 'Broadcast' is 'transmission by wireless telegraphy', YouTube is not this.

So as long as you don't intend to air it on the BBC, ITV, Babestation, whatever, you'll be fine ;)
  • Options
    You're not Jonathan Ackworth are you?
  • Options
    They CANT seize your gear. Unless your done under terror law (if you are start to worry as your likely to be off on a short trip to meet some nice CIA chaps). However they are quite within their rights to kick you out.

No need for release form unless you are making money from it i.e. commercial activitie.

Nice vid for brighton by the way.
  • Options
    [quote]

So as long as you don't intend to air it on the BBC, ITV, Babestation, whatever, you'll be fine ;)[/quote]

damn i was gonna put it on bang babes lol

[quote]However they are quite within their rights to kick you out.[/quote]

great..well ill make sure im still filming as it happens, it will be good for the video
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jason1[/cite]You're not Jonathan Ackworth are you?

Unfortunately not. I could only dream of scaling those heights. I just work in tele.

Agree with lardy, they can't take your stuff. But yes, if they chuck you out it would make great youtube!
  • Options
    Read the ground regulations, front of your season ticket book. No. 20

No recording equipment. Mobile phones allowed for only private use.

Thought Yeovil video was funny due to the conditions. Since then seems a case of rapidly diminishing returns IMHO
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Since then seems a case of rapidly diminishing returns IMHO

Bad mood this morning?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Since then seems a case of rapidly diminishing returns IMHO

Bad mood this morning?

No, just don't think they are all that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]

Bad mood this morning?

No, just don't think they are all that.

I know. Just thought it was strange that you said it.
  • Options
    They are little cameo's of how a couple of fans saw a match ....... for those of us who couldn't be at those matches, they do provide a flavour of that matchday.

Don't watch them if you "just don't think they are all that".. ...... but I like them.
    I say keep them coming *thumbs up*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah, what oggy said. Well done Choice.
  • Options
    fair enough, just dont think they will sustain the impact or interest after a few games because they are already becoming repeatative and as the first post shows are now becoming too self regarding.

But you are right I dont have to watch them so I wont.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]fair enough, just dont think they will sustain the impact or interest after a few games because they are already becoming repeatative and as the first post shows are now becoming too self regarding.

But you are right I dont have to watch them so I wont.

Too self regarding ..............hmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • Options
    I for one think they are blinding... obviously being geographically chllenged its great and I think there funny an all......

Keep doing them mate.....

and Henry you are a spoil sport..... ;)
  • Options
    Look Ive just had another look and these are great ...... keep them coming and dont listen to grumpy killjoys...

over 3000 views for one of them....
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Cant please everyone i suppose and there will always be knockers whatever you say or do (its not a perfect world yet the last time i looked) but i think if you are a Charlton fan then they should be of interest to most people as like has been said, they are a match day experience of two down to earth passionate Charlton fans, probably also unique because other than some of the unedited rubbish that goes on you tube there is probably nothing like it for any other club. At the end of the season and over the course of the next few years they will be interesting to look back on as people age, players come and go and opinions change.

Like i said somewhere else, it just started at Yeovil really because of the weather, im very aware that i dont want them to become boring so will always keep them as fresh as possible and keep changing the soundtracks.

Im not sure about the self regarding comment as the lingo is just honest chat and matchday tomfoolery, i havnt really even appeared myself in them.