Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Burton

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
He's rubbish and isn't a goalscorer, is he?

Apparently.

Comments

• Options
    Total Pony Off it.... not fit to wear the shirt does nothing when hes not scoring and the rare time he does hit the net hes usually offside and I dont like his movie taste either and his fashion sense is a bit "coloquial" for me as well....

Absolutte toilet....
  • Options
    Who said he was rubbish? I haven't really heard anything except positives about Burton this season
  • Options
    are u nutts?? The guy workd his socks off FFS and he has a HERNIA INJURY saddos get a life and live in the real worrld !!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rudders22[/cite]are u nutts?? The guy workd his socks off FFS and he has a HERNIA INJURY saddos get a life and live in the real worrld !!

They're being sarcastic.
  • Options
    sorry but just got home and drunk and took it the wrong way.. we are 2nd in the league with a good honest bunch of lads and i had to make my point !! lol x
  • Options
    I thought me criticising his fashion sense and his taste in music would have put people on to the fact that Im being sarcastic....

hahaha

I could hardle type on here last night and woke up at 5am with the computer still going asleep on the sofa.....I think I heard the first VFR and then ... sleep.....
  • Options
    He doesnt celebrate very well,
    ...and ive heard he smells of cheese.
  • Options
    Some of his hold up play yesterday was sublime.
  • Options
    I wonder the reason he didn't convince in the championship. Not enough consistent games/form or is this simply his level?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]I wonder the reason he didn't convince in the championship. Not enough consistent games/form or is this simply his level?[/quote]

Parkie has said that at the end of last season a word was had with burton and he then worked really hard during the summer to get full fitness, this seems to have paid off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]I wonder the reason he didn't convince in the championship. Not enough consistent games/form or is this simply his level?
    Perhaps it's his level as a goalscorer, but as a footballer he's got the football brain, touch etc to play in the Championship.
  • Options
    tbf he's played and scored in the prem.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]
    Perhaps it's his level as a goalscorer, but as a footballer he's got the football brain, touch etc to play in the Championship.

He'll be our Emile Heskey :)
  • Options
    13 in his last 21 league games, not too sad that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CHG[/cite]13 in his last 21 league games, not too sad that.

Yeah, but he's never going to score as many as Dickson, will never get us anywhere near 20 goals in a season, is no good as our main striker and is only good for a supporting role.

On top of that, we were lucky yeterday, didn't deserve the win, we'll get walloped playing like that in the Premiership, our position in the table is false and we've still only played one game against a team above us in the league - and we didn't win that.

And anyone who doesn't agree with me is part of the PC "Rose Tinted Brigade" who don't really know what day of the week it is unless someone tells them and would fail the arse/elbow distinction course.

My old mans a mushroom.
  • Options
    Does he wear a mushroom hat?
  • Options
    Lol, nice one off_it. Been sitting at city airport for last 3 and a half hours (tyre on plane has to be replaced) and likely to be another hour or two apparently (why?) and this is the first thing that made me laugh. Cheers :-)
  • Options
    Lol, nice one off_it. Been sitting at city airport for last 3 and a half hours (tyre on plane has to be replaced) and likely to be another hour or two apparently (why?) and this is the first thing that made me laugh. Cheers :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]I wonder the reason he didn't convince in the championship. Not enough consistent games/form or is this simply his level?

I dont think we played him correctly he needs to be the man who holds up play and brings others into it we signed him at a time when we needed goals and the team was sinking fast at that time also.

been superb this season and has added goals to his game could be his best scoring season ever, One thing i have noticed in this league is that the mature players those heading to the twighlight of thier careers are the best players in the league the young bucks just starting have good games burt are shown to be inconsistant and niave resulting in some real poor decisions and games
  • Options
    I think he's lost weight since he first joined - he seems a lot fitter and more mobile. Think he has found his best level (I reckon he'll get us 20 goals this season), but could still do a job in the division above if we don't play like we did last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For some reason i've done his celebration with him the last couple of home goals.

Need to take a long hard look at myself.

?type=display
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Lol, nice one off_it. Been sitting at city airport for last 3 and a half hours (tyre on plane has to be replaced) and likely to be another hour or two apparently (why?) and this is the first thing that made me laugh. Cheers :-)
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]Lol, nice one off_it. Been sitting at city airport for last 3 and a half hours (tyre on plane has to be replaced) and likely to be another hour or two apparently (why?) and this is the first thing that made me laugh. Cheers :-)

He enjoyed your post soo much he posted it twice :-)