Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

live from the kids Xmas party

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
some of the players look as young as the young addicks.

Already seen about 8 other lifers

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]some of the players look as young as the young addicks.

Already seen about 8 other lifers

How old are these Lifers ?
    ;-)
  • Options
    ancient
  • Options
    Just got back home. CatJunior loved meeting the players. Thanks to all involved
  • Options
    was very good. All the players were there bar the Sodje bros, mooney, youga and Richardson.

All spent times signing stuff and having photos taken.

Well done to Wagstaff, Tuna and Clark for joining in the dancing with the toddlers.

About 130 young addicks plus adults there who all seemed to have a good time.
  • Options
    yeah full marks to all the players , had a good chat with Leon McKenzie and Parky but all of the players were spot on , only a couple of faces amongst them that didn't look interested and one of those can be excused as he's quite new .

Ribbed Bailey about his reaction to that last minute tackle until he showed me the state of his calf , ouch!

As Henry said , much respect to some of the players for joining in with the kids dancing with special mention to Scott Wagstaff for his chicken dancing
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]yeah full marks to all the players , had a good chat with Leon McKenzie and Parky but all of the players were spot on , only a couple of faces amongst them that didn't look interested and one of those can be excused as he's quite new .

Ribbed Bailey about his reaction to that last minute tackle until he showed me the state of his calf , ouch!

As Henry said , much respect to some of the players for joining in with the kids dancing with special mention to Scott Wagstaff for his chicken dancing

Funny you say that despite Bailey's theatricals, at the end of the game I saw him go after the Southend player concerned. He held out his arms as if to apologise after Bailey rolled down his sock and pointed to his calf.
    Getting back to the thread, its great to hear the children had a good day with the players.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]yeah full marks to all the players , had a good chat with Leon McKenzie and Parky but all of the players were spot on , only a couple of faces amongst them that didn't look interested and one of those can be excused as he's quite new .

As Henry said , much respect to some of the players for joining in with the kids dancing with special mention to Scott Wagstaff for his chicken dancing[/quote]

Any word from McKenzie on why he has been out? Another niggle?.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]yeah full marks to all the players , had a good chat with Leon McKenzie and Parky but all of the players were spot on , only a couple of faces amongst them that didn't look interested and one of those can be excused as he's quite new .

Any word from McKenzie on why he has been out? Another niggle?.

Yes another niggle, but if you listen to Parky's after match summary on the O/S everyone should be fit to play at Stockport (except Solly but he is back in training)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]was very good. All the players were there bar the Sodje bros

Akpo was there, wearing a big puffa.

9-year old niece went, had all the players sign her sling, and had a great time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    that was Yada Mambo wearing the puffa

Leon said he did his knee against MK but is back in training , proper frustrated
  • Options
    i thought that was Mambo too.

Saw a girl with sling so guess that was her.

Anyone know how to contact the photographer?
  • Options
    was chatting to wendy perfect and discussing ways to make it even better.

How about a supporters group (or even a fans message board ) paying for a father christmas and some cheap gifts.

Sure we can borrow a costume and their are enough people on here with their own padding
  • Options
    Excellent event, my kid enjoyed it and looked like most others did too.
  • Options
    Parkie was a top man today, a true gentelman, and club man, Elliot was the perfect ambassador for the club, wonder which of the players went home with the two girls.............Basey was grafting
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Parkie was a top man today, a true gentelman, and club man, Elliot was the perfect ambassador for the club, wonder which of the players went home with the two girls.............Basey was grafting

He either knew them before today or he is a very quick mover, was straight in there!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WhenIwasLittleBoy[/cite]Parkie was a top man today, a true gentelman, and club man, Elliot was the perfect ambassador for the club, wonder which of the players went home with the two girls.............Basey was grafting

I think the approximate age of the said girls needs some clarification, as it's not reading too clever at the moment :-)
  • Options
    LOL
  • Options
    for clarification the young ladies were both over 18.

Im sure buckshee will have photos
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]for clarification the young ladies were both over 18.

Im sure buckshee will have photos

Phew !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]was chatting to wendy perfect and discussing ways to make it even better.

How about a supporters group (or even a fans message board ) paying for a father christmas and some cheap gifts.

Sure we can borrow a costume and their are enough people on here with their own padding

Not forgetting a happy outlook on life.....................Oh GOLFIE, we've a job for you ;)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]was chatting to wendy perfect and discussing ways to make it even better.

Not forgetting a happy outlook on life.....................Oh GOLFIE, we've a job for you ;)

Can get a special Santa's grotto - if we can get a van and some helpers as it's bloody heavy. Pity that the lapdancers chair went back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: T.C.E[/cite]

Can get a special Santa's grotto - if we can get a van and some helpers as it's bloody heavy. Pity that the lapdancers chair went back.

I sure there's someone on here who works for/own's a van rental company. Surely we could get mates rates ;)
  • Options
    When I went to the Junior Reds' xmas party in probably about '96, a player was dressed up as Santa, I think it was Richard Rufus. He wasn't fooling anyone, I could see right through it.
  • Options
    Deon was getting into the spirit
  • Options
    funky chicks.

Don't think these were the actual ones there yesterday but you get the idea.
  • Options
    Henry Irving said:

''was chatting to wendy perfect and discussing ways to make it even better.How about a supporters group (or even a fans message board ) paying for a father christmas and some cheap gifts.''

Wendy will recall that back in the 80s when I used to take my kids to the Junior Reds Xmas parties, there was a Father Christmas. And at least one year it was none other than Lennie Lawrence, taking a break from escapology and dressing up to play the part!

It used to be a much-loved event because during the Selhurst exile it was still held at the Valley club and so was one of the few opportunities/reasons those of us from over in west Kent ever had to visit the old abandoned ground and get all sentimental...
  • Options
    It was the back middle and back right of the funky chicks , not that I noticed or anything
  • Options
    Wagstaff and Tuna getting into the swing

http://tiny12.tv/UU3B8
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: buckshee[/cite]It was the back middle and back right of the funky chicks , not that I noticed or anything
    Wolfing again