Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NATIONAL RAIL/EXPRESS

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
What a joke. i wasnt laughing at the time however. got on the train at 11.15 from colchester saturday morning as i planned to drink at london bridge at about 12.30. at colchester im told there are signalling issues at chelmsford and delays up to 60 mins were expected. at the time this was a massive hassle.

if only it was that easy. didnt roll in to liverpool st until 2.50pm. by the time i walked to london bridge a got a train to The Valley it was 3.35pm. seriously upset about missing pre game drinks and nearly all the first half.

to make matters worse i get on a train from liverpool st going back to colchester and am further delayed by half hour as they still havent sorted the problem. this was about 10.30pm btw.

this seriously takes the p*ss. its bad enough my commute to work being delayed on a regular basis.

Comments

• Options
    Yea that is poor i cant understand sometimes why the services dips so much at the weekend especially a saturday when you may even say more people travel as more people use saturdays as an out and about day. It is shocking they couldnt get it right if they tried mate im really glad i pay taxes for things like this.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Yea that is poor i cant understand sometimes why the services dips so much at the weekend especially a saturday when you may even say more people travel as more people use saturdays as an out and about day. It is shocking they couldnt get it right if they tried mate im really glad i pay taxes for things like this.

Is this fella for real??
  • Options
    dunno if its the same with your train line, but with south west trains and first great western, if your train is delayed by over an hour then you can claim a refund. you need to go into the ticket office for a claim form. however you'll need your ticket as proof of purchase.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Hampshire_Addick[/cite]dunno if its the same with your train line, but with south west trains and first great western, if your train is delayed by over an hour then you can claim a refund. you need to go into the ticket office for a claim form. however you'll need your ticket as proof of purchase.

They would never do that in Kent or London i usually feel its because im young and dont speak like the queen. They just think im trying to blag my way but im sure if you were forty something or above they would oblige.
  • Options
    i can claim about 50% for anything over an hour. then they give compensation in the form of a voucher for money off future travel. i have an annual ticket so no good to me until i renew. although this time im going to claim compensation for having missing the football. they'll laugh at that bit i imagine.