Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dailly or Llera

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Against Stockport?

This would normally seem a no brainer but with Milwall the week after and Dailly on 4 yellows would it be worth letting him have the weekend off and ensuring he is available for the 19th. Dailly has imo been our most consistent player this season (alongside Burton) and in a local derby where it may get heated, Daillys experience will be vital.

Also when under pressure this season, Llera has shown signs he will buckle, I am thinking of the last 5 mins against Saints when he seemed to panic every time the ball came near him, not to mention away at Colchester.

Therefore I would much rather Dailly against Milwall than Llera. I am not saying Stockport will be easy cause it won't but Millwall have more of an attacking threat!

Comments

• Options
    I like Dailly but then again I like Llera. Which is best ? Only one way to find out............FIGGGGHHHTTTTTTT ;0)
  • Options
    Anyone remember the last time Dailly played against Millwall? Lets hope he puts in a slightly better performance than that one!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Against Stockport?

This would normally seem a no brainer but with Milwall the week after and Dailly on 4 yellows would it be worth letting him have the weekend off and ensuring he is available for the 19th. Dailly has imo been our most consistent player this season (alongside Burton) and in a local derby where it may get heated, Daillys experience will be vital.

Also when under pressure this season, Llera has shown signs he will buckle, I am thinking of the last 5 mins against Saints when he seemed to panic every time the ball came near him, not to mention away at Colchester.

Therefore I would much rather Dailly against Milwall than Llera. I am not saying Stockport will be easy cause it won't but Millwall have more of an attacking threat!

I agree I'd let Llera lump it at Stockport and rest Dailly for Millwall.
  • Options
    Always play your best team when going for promotion, so has to be Dailly for me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]Always play your best team when going for promotion, so has to be Dailly for me.

I agree except on this one occasion as I want us to beat Millwall so badly.
  • Options
    Stockport is an away match, therefore we should play our strongest XI and our goal is to get promoted this season and to do that we need more points from away games. Last week's Bristol Rover's win was our first on the road in three months, we need to be more consistent on the road if we are to go up. in the scheme of things each match has equal importance - three points for a win etc and there's no extra points to be gained for beating Millwall - it's not even a six pointer. Yep it'd be good to beat our rivals but we've got to keep our eyes on the ultimate goal and that's promotion, preferably by the direct route.
  • Options
    Llera as he deserves a game and better for llera to pick up another yellow than Dailly
  • Options
    Daily for me in games so far this season i would say he has been better. After colchester away i havn't seen Llera do as well as daily.
  • Options
    Llera plus bumpy pitch = disaster waiting to happen

but basey can drop in at centre half if need be so I'd rest dailly
  • Options
    id give llera the go and rest dailly as llera long boots upfield could be useful when your away and i just hope A. Sodje will be there to touch it down :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Stockport is an away match, therefore we should play our strongest XI and our goal is to get promoted this season and to do that we need more points from away games. Last week's Bristol Rover's win was our first on the road in three months.

I agree strongest team should be played,but wasn't Bristol Rovers at home?
  • Options
    No doubt BFR meant the Brighton match, Unc.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I guess the real question is: should Mcleod play against Stockport so that he can get booked and make sure he is under no circumstances going to line up against Millwall?
  • Options
    One game at a time irrespective of the opposition as they are both league games with 3 points at stake.

We will be lucky to win the Millwall match purely because of the special factors that surround a Derby or game with "edge." The Southampton game was a far milder example than Millwall will be of what I mean.

On the other hand, with a proper professional approach, we have a good chance of picking up 3 points away at Stockport and that is what we should try to do.

The Millwall game will take care of itself.