Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AGM and annual Accounts year ending 30 June 2009

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
The Annual Accounts are in black and white - times must be hard.

AGM on 30 December 11.00 at the Valley

Edit: Grim reading.

Loss of £8,034,000 on year after tax

Also seems we took out a £503,000 loan from the football league repayable over 5 years

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The Annual Accounts are in black and white - times must be hard.

Would it really be neccesary to print the word "Skint" in colour though?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Resolution at AGM to issue up to £8,052,038 shares which I assume is part the £10m invested in the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    Also seems we took out a £503,000 loan from the football league repayable over 5 years

Does it say when this was ?
  • Options
    No,

Just says that

"at 30th June the group had unsecured interest free loan of £503,000 repayable in instalments by 1 April 2012 from the football league"
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Something's got to be done to stop the rot in football. We are seeing (at first hand) the impact of disproportionately allocated TV money, the Bosman Ruling and the Taylor report. How long can this go on? Is it going to take clubs to go bust before the whole thing is rederessed? I think every club that has gone down from the premier and not bounced straight back, no matter how well run, has gone into administration; or looks set to.
  • Options
    That £8m loss would have been after receiving a £10m parachute payment as well.

Debts are now around £32m.

How did we ever get to this ?

"all of us on the board would admit that we have made mistakes particularly in relation to the period following the departure of Alan Curbishley.........the simple truth is that vast sums of money were spent on players who have proved not to be succesful and on whom
    in many cases we have had to take significant losses"
  • Options
    VARNEY,GRAY MCCLEOD TOILET TOILET TOILET
  • Options
    I don't remember signing the Toilet triplets.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]I don't remember signing the Toilet triplets.

L O V L
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]I don't remember signing the Toilet triplets.

We did when we were flush.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]That £8m loss would have been after receiving a £10m parachute payment as well.

Debts are now around £32m.

How did you get to that? I've only scanned the report but can't see an overall debt figure.
  • Options
    Pardew's severance is presumably £1 million or more of that £8 million loss. Along with £250K plus for Christensen.
  • Options
    I believe the £32million debit is based on the last 3 years declared losess. In the last year ofthe premiership they lost £11million, the first year of championsip it was I believe £13 million and now £8 million. but we where making losses in most of are years in the premiership , so the debits must be higher.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2009
    Well Gray, Varney and McLeod alone cost circa £11m did they not in wages and transfer fees?
  • Options
    worst is the item 14 (page 17)

14 Creditors:amounts falling due within one year

total is £ 11.5 million
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]I don't remember signing the Toilet triplets.[/quote]

One Mrs Toilet
    There's only one Toilet...
  • Options
    Am i wrong in thinking the results are usually published on the OS ??
  • Options
    i was looking for the report on the OS as well.

Not seen one yet the accounts have been sent out in the post.
  • Options
    you only get part of the accounts on the OS . Posibly as the document runs to 24 pages.
  • Options
    I'll freely admit that I'm no accountant, but why are we paying tax on a loss?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]worst is the item 14 (page 17)

total is £ 11.5 million

Do we know who these creditors are?
  • Options
    Many of them are directors I think, who will doubtlessly defer. Would staged transfer payments also show up here?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]worst is the item 14 (page 17)

total is £ 11.5 million

Do we know who these creditors are?

I would guess that some of it will be a proportion of the remaining mortgage on the Covered End with the remainder shown in creditors due in more than 1 year along with the loans to directors.

Just guessing though as I'm not a shareholder and thus have not had sight of these figures.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    I'll freely admit that I'm no accountant, but why are we paying tax on a loss?

Might be a refund!
  • Options
    Anyone else notice that that OS report on the accounts appeared on the morning of the Scumwall game?

Good day to bury bad news or is reading CL making me cynical : - )