Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Supporters Club Issues (was previously NWK Addicks thread)

For those of you who were unable to attend Bromley Addicks' recent Q & A meeting with Peter , have no fear....

North West Kent Addicks ( NWKA) will welcome Peter and popular Vice President, Keith Peacock, to Bexley Sports & Social Club, Calvert Drive, DA2 7GA on Tuesday 15th December - prompt 8pm start.

As this meeting has been arranged at short notice , the usual "members only " policy has been amended. New memberships will be taken on the night & those adults paying their annual £6 fee ( over 60's £2) will find their name entered into the free draw at the end of the season , with the winner taking home Nicky Bailey's signed , framed away shirt.

However, non members will gain entry to the meeting although a small donation to our charities for the season will be welcomed. This term we are supporting the Ellenor Lions Hospices jointly with Demelza House. The usual raffle including signed Charlton memorabilia will be held .

Please come along & help us put some faces to CL names and enjoy a convivial evening amongst like minded Addicks.

This meeting was made possible with the assistance of Airman & Henry - thanks to both.

Comments

• Options
    you're welcome.

Excellent guests so should be a good night. Get along if you've never tried one of these meetings before. You'll be surprised how good they are.

Expected to see a full report by 9.00 am the next morning. ; - )
  • Options
    I'll be tweeting
  • Options
    Thanks for the plug, Henry.

And of course, BDL will be in charge of the mic ......
  • Options
    well done on opening up to non-members FF, personally i think its a good move.
  • Options
    Our meetings are better than your meetings..................Nar nar de nar nar!!!

Signed............... Bromley Addicks Dark Side Possie!!
  • Options
    Oh no they're not !!!

Sounds as though the pantomime season has started early....
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    nwka?

are you aving a larf?
    LONDON borough of Bexley, and the LONDON borough of Bromley, so why are those attending these LONDON event's as NWK addicks?
    Because i attend, and frankly if you refer to me as a nwk addick i will puke.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]nwka?

are you aving a larf?
    LONDON borough of Bexley, and the LONDON borough of Bromley, so why are those attending these LONDON event's as NWK addicks?
    Because i attend, and frankly if you refer to me as a nwk addick i will puke.
    Well you can pay for the cleaning bill NWK Addick.
  • Options
    OSL.....so your point is...? Honestly, don't understand your post .

Please elaborate .
  • Options
    Nor do I. Calvert Drive is in Dartford. not Bexley! anyway I wont be going as I am in Essex and the river crossings will probably be shut again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks for that, Better. Was going to point that out myself but decided to await clarification from the poster which hasn't materialised so far.....

If you can make it across from Essex, would love to see you there next Tuesday.
  • Options
    And Bromley Addicks is a seperate group from NW Kent Addicks.

Bromley Addicks is a independent fans group for, well, Addicks in Bromley although we're happy to welcome fellow fans from all over.
  • Options
    NWK Addicks was formerly known as NWK CASC and represents supporters from mainly Dartford, Gravesend & surrounding areas. Like the Bromley group, we made the decision to become independent several seasons ago & have never looked back....

We have members who live out of our "area" , welcoming anyone who wishes to join our group, with many living in Bexley, KENT . We use 2 venues for our meetings, Quiz Nights, Race Nights etc ; Bexley Sports & Social Club just off the A2 on the site of the Old Bexley Hospital and The Manor Hotel, Singlewell, again adjacent to the A2. You wil hopefully agree that both sites are ideal for those travelling by car & are not off the beaten track. The player Q & A evening planned for February will be held at The Manor Hotel, with Nicky Bailey likely to be one of our guests.

I could go on for a long time advertising the benefits of becoming a NWKA ( or NWKer as some say !!) including the opportunity to win said signed, framed shirt and more pertinently this season, being able to obtain tickets to matches without contacting the Club personally via our ticket service including those games where supply is limited...

Finally, without wishing to upset anyone on here, I'd like to add that NWKA ( as I'm sure is Bromley Addicks too) is " picking up the pieces" following the fragmentation of CASC over the past few years, by providing enjoyable events for those willing to travel to our venues not a million miles from The Valley - something the existing branch of the official Supporters' Club has failed to do for some considerable time. AND be part of a group that raises around £1,000-1,500 each season for a local charity.....

So, please don't knock it before you give yourselves a chance to sample the product....Our intentions are always to support the Club we all love and I'm sure many officials & players who have been our guests in the past will testify to that.These include Parky, Curbs, Les Reed, Pards, Martin Simons , Peter Varney, Keith Peacock and numerous players, past & present.

See you on Tuesday night ...

These venues are used for various reasons but both
  • Options
    greenwich and bexley casc is a ''rotten borough''.

Unelected and inactive for years yet its officers still cling to their titles for whatever reason. Only last year they pathetically demanded complete control of fan organisations and contact with the club.

Nottage and bailey, your time is up. Step down and let fans in our core support boros have a true supporters group.
  • Options
    Apologies for the nonsensical line at the end of my post no 14.

Maybe someone's sticking pins into a wax effigy (sp?) of me....!

OUCH !!!!
  • Options
    I'm sure we could organise the POTY too don't you , Henry ?

With a nice profit for charity/ Club Academy ....
  • Options
    Will attend with our cameras.
  • Options
    You can go back and edit it, FF.
  • Options
    ff, what is there to organise at the POTY?

The venue? No all done by the club

The catering? No all done by the Club.

The guests? No all done by the Club?

The vote? Is there one?

So that leaves what? Selling the tickets.

Wouls be good to see some accounts from the POTY or even for G&B casc as a whole.

I wont hold my breath.
  • Options
    I haven't been able to vote for POTY for years (maybe that's why Lloydie has never won it). They couldn't organise a pee-up in a brewery
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]I haven't been able to vote for POTY for years (maybe that's why Lloydie has never won it). They couldn't organise a pee-up in a brewery

POTY voting is a complete and total travesty ... those arranging it have no clue what they are doing and seem only to have an interest in self-preservation and keeping as far away from real fans as possible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sam lloyd[/cite]I haven't been able to vote for POTY for years (maybe that's why Lloydie has never won it). They couldn't organise a pee-up in a brewery

Agreed. I can't remember when we last voted. The OS says something along the lines of representatives from the Supporters Clubs will collect your votes in all stands but I've not noticed them.
  • Options
    Well the CharltonLife POTY will be the most prestigious award and the ones all the players will want to win anyway.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Well the CharltonLife POTY will be the most prestigious award and the ones all the players will want to win anyway.

True. Another activity CASC is going lose just like the coaches, representing the fans by lobbying the club (Fans forum) and holding Q &As (The forum and indie groups)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    the fans forum offered to help last year and were sent the details of the poty vote last minute but stood outside bartrams for a few games collecting votes and also passed the sheets around the stands as they didn't see how else the votes were being collected. they were baffled by the resistence to get involved, and would be happy to be more involved next year if required. it may have been viewed as a pathetic attempt and they shouldn't receive criticism themselves as they didn't have the opportunity to do anything else.

i'm still waiting for the minutes of the meeting where all the supporters club branches got together in brighton as a "lets get together" movement. some travelled far and wide including somerset for that meeting and nothing has come of it. not even a summary let alone full minutes which were promised.

the ONLY good thing to come out of that was waggott agreeing to go to the west country for a meeting which had never been done before.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Agreed. I can't remember when we last voted. The OS says something along the lines of representatives from the Supporters Clubs will collect your votes in all stands but I've not noticed them.

How are two self-acclaimed representatives from the "supporters club" supposed to collect votes from all the stands - impossible, hence why you've been unable to vote, probably
  • Options
    suzi, i wasnt criticising the forum. Like you I offered to help out with the voting and passed around forms in the lib club.

That that is the best that casc can come up with in the 21st century just shows how little thinking goes into the whole thing.

Shame that ppl like Ian Cartwright or mick gebbet arent running casc anymore.
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited December 2009
    So Henners and Fanny, how do we reclaim Casc? Can we demand an egm? (Predictive Tex struck again!)

As for POTY couldn't NWK and Bromley addicks take over as the G&B branch no longer exists?
  • Options
    Nest & hornets comes to mind , BDL ....

Will reply in depth after returning home from Stockport. Watch this space.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Nest & hornets comes to mind , BDL ....

Sounds like fun ;-)