Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Big Top - BBC1

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]...I can honestly say I have never seen anything so un-funny and cringeworthingly bad in my entire life. Certainly not on the BBC

I'll see your Big Top and raise you Gavin & Stacey series 3. Absolutely dire, unfunny and has lost the plot. Series 1 was fairly good, Series 2 was pretty poor in comparison to Series 1 and well Series 3, deary dear...one series too many in my opinion.

I know everyone's entitled to their opinion and all, but I'm surprised that you would class Gavin and Stacy series 3 as the worst BBC comedy. Even if you don't particularly like it, there's surely far better targets out there to be classed as cringeworthingly bad.
  • Options
    I'll admit i've never seen Big Top, but is it really even worse than 'Amanda''?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]I'll admit i've never seen Big Top, but is it really even worse than 'Amanda''?

Judge for yourself it's on BBC 1 now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fortune Costa Fish[/cite]I'll admit i've never seen Big Top, but is it really even worse than 'Amanda''?

I don't know as I've never seen "Amanda" but Big Top is seriously unfunny, not even so bad it's funny, it's worse than that.
  • Options
    probably the worst comedy on bbc in the past decade..... or more
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]
    I know everyone's entitled to their opinion and all, but I'm surprised that you would class Gavin and Stacy series 3 as the worst BBC comedy. Even if you don't particularly like it, there's surely far better targets out there to be classed as cringeworthingly bad.

I really liked the 1st series, so much so I even bought the DVD of it (which is rare for me). I have so wanted to like Series 2 and 3, but just havent enjoyed them as much and the comedy just isnt there. Blimey, they've even had to result to "you slaaag, you slaaag...your mum" jokes...they've just sadly run out of ideas now.

Talking about things not funny and elsewhere, that impressions programme on ITV on Boxing Day was by far the worst thing I've seen on TV in the last decade lol.

Am yet to watch a full episode of Amanda yet...like everyone else I seem to catch the last 10 mins before MOTD2 but have giggled at it, more so than I have this current series of G&S.

Having said that about the "you slaaag, you slaaag...your mum" jokes, I think the best comedy I've watched in years was the Inbetweeners. You can pinpoint each character to one of your old schoolpals, easily. So so funny but surely there's no way they'll be able to go beyond series 3 because they would go to Uni and what chance in hell has Neil got in getting to Uni lol.
  • Options
    Big Top Is Great.

(N.B.I haven't had a drink since Saturday............)
  • Options
    What's amanda? Is that like miranda but not funny? :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Sussex_Addick[/cite]I know everyone's entitled to their opinion and all, but I'm surprised that you would class Gavin and Stacy series 3 as the worst BBC comedy. Even if you don't particularly like it, there's surely far better targets out there to be classed as cringeworthingly bad.

I really liked the 1st series, so much so I even bought the DVD of it (which is rare for me). I have so wanted to like Series 2 and 3, but just havent enjoyed them as much and the comedy just isnt there. Blimey, they've even had to result to "you slaaag, you slaaag...your mum" jokes...they've just sadly run out of ideas now.

To be fair, saying that Gavin and Stacey has resorted to just going 'you slaag, you slaag' is like saying that on the Inbetweeners they just go 'Bus wankers!' It's a tiny piece of the show, and in context it works.
    I'm not an adoring fan of Gavin and Stacy, and it's certainly light on jokes, but I enjoy the little subtle moments and the chemistry between the cast, along with the general warmth of all the characters. It's as much a drama as a comedy really.

All opinions though of course. I personally don't understand the excessive love for the Inbetweeners, which is a good comedy but hardly a great one.
  • Options
    With the honourable exception of Blackadder which otherwise had such a splendid cast you could put up with him for a while, we can't stand Tony Robinson! Could go on about why but won't waste the time on him!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Suziausage[/cite]What's amanda? Is that like miranda but not funny?

Yes, I meant Miranda but I blame Fortune Costa Fish for my mistake, you cheeky wotsit lol.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Suziausage[/cite]What's amanda? Is that like miranda but not funny?

I too meant Miranda. Disgraced myself there
  • Options
    Ah - found out who did that sketch show I was going on about earlier in the thread. Ladies and gentlemen - the absolute ultimate in dreadful, unfunny shite: "Marc Wootton Exposed". Gut-wrenchingly poor.
  • Options
    Miranda Hart cleaned up at the British Comedy Awards last night....including the publicly- voted "Peoples' Choice Award".

Never mind the deficit, the unscrupulous bankers, post code gang violence and corrupt politicians....this latest unrivalled scandal truly highlights to me that this country is bang in trouble.

Doomed, I tells ya, we're all doomed.

think_of_the_children.jpg