Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

coincidently, my first charlton v millwall game

was the first time i had a season ticket...68/89, we lost 4-3, cost 30 bob...a lightish blue cover that season if i remember rightly...

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: letthegoodtimesroll[/cite]was the first time i had a season ticket...68/89

Charlton seasons do generally feel that long. ;-)
  • Options
    I only have a vague memory of my first Charlton Millwall game. I think I was a bit tipsy.
  • Options
    i remember another home match once when my dad and i had jublilee club tickets (the ones with the old leather seats out of the woolwich odeon) and there was group of millwall fans with their brand new blue and white scarfs already there and two in our seats when we turned up...'oi, you're in our seats mate' i said to this bobble-hatted oik with the doctor martins [sorry, it's something about this game that makes us go all neaderthal]...not even getting an acknowledgement i respectfully gave him a tap with my foot to get his attention, only to realise when he turned around to face me that 'he' was a she...one of those classic moments, never to be repeated, when i got a disdainful middle class look from a bunch of millwall fans as they all got up and moved along...did i feel ashamed or what ?
  • Options
    I was the mascot at charlton Millwall... 1-1 polo scored...
  • Options
    this will be mine, i cannot wait! :-)
  • Options
    2-2 game back in the 80's, 2-0 up with 5 mins to go, that was my first experience, went on my own on the 53, met up with a few older lads in the away end and was really, really shitting myself at the end.
  • Options
    My first Millwall game was the 1-0 win at Upton Park, with ON-LOAN John Hendrie scoring an 85th minute beauty. I was only about 8, and remember watching the Millwall fans for a large chunk of the game because they were fighting amongst themselves and being chucked down the terrace stairs by the police. Lovely.
  • Options
    Mine was a 3-2 win in the mid Seventies
  • Options
    The first one I can remember is around 1971. It was a night match. Millwall had taken the covered end and we lost 2-0. They all invaded the pitch at the end to prematurely celebrate a promotion that never happened. 'Orrible barstards.
  • Options
    Mine was at the old Den, stood in the home end celebrated Jim melrose's poachers goal right on half time to make it 1-1. Had to move & bite my tongue when David Shipley scored another in first half added time to put us 2-1 up. Sadly though we only ended up drawing 2-2. I think this was the game straight after Millwall Sold John Fashanu & the locals were not in a very friendly mood.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is going to be my first ever Millwall game.
    And I'm thoroughly looking forward to seeing what all the fuss is about!