Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Hearts back in for striker!!!!!

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_5764530,00.html

Hearts have rekindled their interest in Izale McLeod, skysports.com understands.

The Edinburgh outfit first made a bid to land McLeod in the summer, but a deal failed to materialise.

The 25-year-old, who has scored three goals for the Addicks this season, is now being chased again by the SPL side.

It is believed the Scottish club are trying to strike a deal in order to land McLeod in January.

However, there is also interest south of the border in the Championship and League One, and it remains to be seen if Hearts can broker a deal to take him to the Scottish capital.

Don't take our Izale :-(

Comments

• Options
    Lazlo was hilarious the other day when they got 4 sent off. He's obviously got a keen sense of humour.
  • Options
    Can't see us selling him to another League 1 club, would be interested to know who in the Champ would be interested. They would have to be pretty desperate.
  • Options
    suiside steve is setting his sat nav right now ready to drive izele up to tynecastle.

If we can keep akpo and mooney plus deon and leon then lets cut our losses on him.

Of course the story was most likely written by his agent.
  • Options
    I would have thought the money we get from any sale of McLeod would be enough for Sodje. Especially given the fact he is out of contract in June so Wednesday would hopefully be keen to sell!
  • Options
    So how much do we have to pay Hearts to take him off our hands?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]suiside steve is setting his sat nav right now ready to drive izele up to tynecastle.

If we can keep akpo and mooney plus deon and leon then lets cut our losses on him.

Of course the story was most likely written by his agent.

I thought the story was most likely written by Suicide Steve ...!!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]I would have thought the money we get from any sale of McLeod would be enough for Sodje. Especially given the fact he is out of contract in June so Wednesday would hopefully be keen to sell!
    At our level I'd guess that the majority of the money involved in any deal would be salary so I suspect if we could get rid on a free, even if we had to pay a fee for Akpo that could cost-in. Though this is all based on wild speculation on salary. Incidentally on TalkSpurt yesterday one of the presenters came up with the idea of getting shot of the national debt and reforming police/nursing pay by adding an extra 10% to premiership footballers' taxes. When a woman phoned up to point out that the £60M or so that this might generate would be a bit like trying to break into the bank of England with your cock (I paraphrase) she was shot down for being negative and not having any solutions herself. Then they found a few tards that thought it was a great idea and everyone settled down.
  • Options
    Re. Talksport and that show, listened to it myself, Durham is a great WUM and says a lot of rubbish but that's his job and at the end of the day he's a proper football supporter, as for Goughie, great character, great cricketer but awful on this show (and I though Ian Wright was bad)... clueless about football (Messi is nothing special apparently)... the mind boggles

as for Mcleod... i'll drive him there before steve even gets a post in ;-)
  • Options
    What is going on? We've now seen 3 "Sky Sports Understands" stories in 2 days about McLeod, Mou2 and Racon. Do they all have the same agent?

Great news if this is true
  • Options
    I would not get to excited about this, Izale's wife is a friend of friend sort of thing and he is recenlty married and does not want to move up north>
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]I would not get to excited about this, Izale's wife is a friend of friend sort of thing and he is recenlty married and does not want to move up north>

God damn it! lol although i do think he is a confidence player and more then capable of being a useful player for us
  • Options
    Please god let this be true! Would make my Christmas
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: roseandcrown[/cite]I would not get to excited about this, Izale's wife is a friend of friend sort of thing and he is recenlty married and does not want to move up north>
    Hearts isn't up north, it's in Scotland...
  • Options
    We all know what's going to happen, Mcleod will go somewhere else and score for fun........
  • Options
    Easyjet; Stansted to Edingburgh £9.99 (incl taxes) until 31/01/10.

My cheque's in the post.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Barn Door Varney[/cite]We all know what's going to happen, Mcleod will go somewhere else and score for fun........

True, and we'll have a thread on him that get bumped every time he scores a goal. People will forget how poor he was for us, and bang on that they 'always liked him' and we should have 'given him more of a chance in X role'

The truth is he's not doing it for us whilst our other options are doing pretty well, and he's probably on biggish wages. I don't care too much what he does elsewhere, as right now he's not what we need, and if a decent bid comes it's the correct decision to let him go.