Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best/Worst Charlton Moments of each year this decade?

Best/Worst Charlton Moments of each year this decade?

2000: Winning Divison 1/Andy Hunt's illness
2001: beating Arsenal 4-2 at highbury/Karim Bagheri leaving!
2002: beating Liverpool on 5th Dec/knocked out of fa cup by Walsall
2003: beating Chelsea 4-2/losing to Leeds 6-1
2004: Finishing 7th/Scott Parker Signing for Chelsea or Rufus Retiring
2005: Palace getting relegated/playing rubbish against palace the same day
2006: Curb's Send off/Dowie/Reed Disaster
2007: Beating West Ham 4-0/Relegation to Championship
2008: Beating Palace 2-0/Andy Reid Signing for Sunderland
2009: Beating Palace on my birthday/Relegation to League one

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2009
    I'd say that's a good summary

However, the 3-1 defeat at home to Barnsley was my low point of 2008 (closely followed by the 5-2 defeat against Sheffield United). It was a massive blow when we sold Reid, but not as demoralising as the Barnsley or Sheffield United games.
  • Options
    2002 best moment for me was the 2-0 win against Liverpool at The Valley, was a great game with a fantastic atmosphere!

2002 worst moment has to be Super Clives retirement, I think it was early 2002 and was a lot worse than the cup exit to Walsall

Aside from them, its a great summary!
  • Options
    after cafcdan's input i would have 2 say the Liverpool game was more special than beating west ham!
  • Options
    2005/06
    Best Moment - Coming out of West Brom away after yet another win in the early part of the season when we won our first 5 away games, having a serious discussion with my brother about how we'd finance all the away trips in the following season's UEFA Cup and who we'd most like to get drawn against.
    Worst Moment - Tumbling down the table, getting knocked out of the Cup at Boro, Curbs leaving and the appalling appointement of Dowie, all combining to ensure that the best moment turned into a pipe dream.
  • Options
    The best moment for me in 2005 was probably the 3-0 away at Middlesborough, which I watched in a pub in Dublin. That early season run in general with Bent, Murphy, Smertin and even Rommedahl firing on all cylinders was an exciting time to be an Addick