Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fixtures Next Week

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Interesting fixtures, Millwall are not going to be a push over and hopefully neither the players nor the fans expect it. If we get three points it would not surpise me if we were to go top, with Pardews lot at Leeds. The chasing pack are looking like three pointers at Colchester and Norwich, although Huddersfield are capable of giving Norwich a workout. Rovers also look set for three points at Tranmere

Saturday, 19 December 2009
Charlton v Millwall, 15:00
Colchester v Carlisle, 15:00
Leeds United v Southampton, 15:00
Norwich v Huddersfield, 15:00
Tranmere v Bristol Rovers, 15:00

Comments

• Options
    There's only one game next week !
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    mass postponements?

Whilst I am sure it will not happen our next nine games are really winnable!
  • Options
    You're right, Kap - some tasty fixtures.

That Norwich - Huddersfield match means both sides can't win.
    And just supposing Southampton beat Leeds?

Colchester look the only nailed on result.

Of course, for any of it to matter ...... we have to do our bit to help ourselves!
  • Options
    Don't write Huddersfield off at Norwich next week. They are a big strong side and will match-up with the Canaries.
  • Options
    Not writing them off, Cardinal ....... just saying that Norwich and Huddersfield can't BOTH win next week.
    If they draw, that could be the ideal result for us - keeping them both at arms length.
  • Options
    Wouldn't write off Carlisle at Colchester either. They have been on a good run since they beat us.
  • Options
    as shown today if we win then we will make up points on some of the chasers.

We are 2nd. Its in our hands.

Long way to go but we are on the right track and with nearly the whole squad fit and the loans extended we are getting stronger.

Come 1 jan players need 10 bookings for a suspension so lets hope we can get through to then
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Whilst I am sure it will not happen our next nine games are really winnable!

In our next 16 games, I would say the hardest 4 games would be Millwall home and away, Swindon away, and Bristol Rovers; so although it won't realistically happen we could win all of our next 16. I'd be looking for anything over 35 points from these sixteen, taking us onto 80 for the final 9 games of the season.

We must have the hardest run-in of the lot though, we play Huddersfield, MK Dons, Southampton, Colchester, Norwich and Leeds all in the last 9 games. As long as we beat Carlisle, Exeter and Oldham, whilst picking up points home and away against these six with the odd win, we should end up on around 95.

There you go, they may as well not play the rest of the season now.
  • Options
    We will beat Carlisle at home to seal promotion. It's the right and fitting way to do it.