Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brian Laws Sacked

edited December 2009 in General Charlton
How does that affecvt Sodje's position? Surely a new manager would want his best strikers to look at to make a decision??

Comments

• Options
    That's what I wondered.
  • Options
    Depends how quickly they install a new manager. If they recruit from within the club, then I think Akpo with be here until the transfer window opens at least. Apart from that... bloddy good question Rudders!
  • Options
    If it is an outside manager then he will want to bring in players he knows so might even look in our favour as it will be easy to move Akpo out to free up wages.

If an inside appointment then he may rate Akpo over what they have.

Shall just have to wait and see.
  • Options
    Brian Laws ideally suited to Sheffield Wednesday, arrogant manager for arrogant club.
  • Options
    A Wednesday fan I know said he hopes the new manager brings back Sodje as would be more of a goal threat than 'the shite they have upfront now'. I hope he is wrong!
  • Options
    Wasn't it that the recall period on Akpo's loan was only a 24 hour recall option, so surely they cant recall him now.........(i could be wrong)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Merty111[/cite]Wasn't it that the recall period on Akpo's loan was only a 24 hour recall option, so surely they cant recall him now.........(i could be wrong)

It means that Sheff Weds must give Charlton a minimum of 24 hours warning that they are recalling Akpo, Merts.
    Pretty standard.

A club can't recall a player in the first month of a loan - normally applies after 28 days.
  • Options
    Remember those tosspots from their band really giving it to us when we went down one year.
  • Options
    More to the point Would Akpo want to go back?

Maybe he's happy at Charlton and isn't interested in playing for Wednesday anymore.
  • Options
    My bad :S
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    If an inside appointment then he may rate Akpo over what they have.
    I seriously cannot see any club making an inside appointment after looking at the bottom 3 last year. Sorry to see Laws go, as I always had a bit of time for him, but the wheels have come off. I'd be even sorrier to see Akpo go without a start, but I guess that's life, we'll see what happens in the next few days.