Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Were you at Stockport? Player ratings here please

WSSWSS
edited December 2009 in General Charlton
Normal format:

Elliot -
Omozuzi -
Dailly -
Sodje -
Basey -
Sam -
Bailey -
Semedo -
Wagstaff -
Burton -
Mooney -

A.Sodje -

Comments

• Options
    Elliot - 6.5 Not much to do and was unlucky with the goal. Still nervous in terms of commanding the box
    Omozuzi - 6.5 Decent enough game, nothing right or wrong really.
    Dailly - 7 Solid. What else would you expect?
    Sodje - 7.5 Simple goal and assured in defence.
    Basey - 6.5 Looks for the long ball too often in my opinion but did well against their tricky winger Poole.
    Sam - 6.5 Few decent runs on what must've been a nightmare pitch for someone like Lloyd to play on.
    Bailey - 7 Battled, and led by example. Not sure about the incident but he is the player we need in these games.
    Semedo - 7 Welcome back Jose. Controlled and composed and spread the play well.
    Wagstaff - 7 Quiet game and an absolute howler of a miss but made amends with a tidy finish.
    Burton - 6.5 Didnt have his usual imapct and the ball was not sticking
    Mooney - 6.5 Could have had a hatrick with more confident and powerful finishing

A.Sodje - 6 Did not do much and mis-controlled a few times when he was on. Is he really the player we think he is?
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Omozuzi - 6.5
    Dailly - 8
    Sodje - 8
    Basey - 7
    Sam - 6
    Bailey - 6
    Semedo - 7
    Wagstaff - 8
    Burton - 6
    Mooney - 7.5 Would just like to add to Mooney, he got so much stick by the people around me yesterday. I dont think people realise the type of player he really is, his intelligant runs off the ball allowed us to open up their defence at key times and the touch he showed to set up wagstaff was top draw! IMHO he is quality and goals will come soon!

A.Sodje - 5 Very Poor when he came on, first touch was not up to scratch yesterday!

Fans - 3 Good number, but so quiet, dont think we stringed a whole song together for the whole game! Fair play to the anti 'siddarn' crew at the back, they were top draw.
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Omozuzi - 6
    Dailly - 7.5
    Sodje - 8
    Basey - 7
    Sam - 6.5
    Bailey - 7
    Semedo - 6.5
    Wagstaff - 6
    Burton - 6
    Mooney - 6.5

A.Sodje - 5.5
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Omozuzi - 6
    Dailly - 7.5
    Sodje - 7.5
    Basey - 6.5
    Sam - 6.5
    Bailey - 6.5
    Semedo - 6.5
    Wagstaff - 6.5
    Burton - 6
    Mooney - 6

A.Sodje - 6.5
  • Options
    Interesting, given that we won, that players in the main have received 6s and not much more than that.

I can't comment as all I saw was the 10 seconds or whatever it was on the football league programme but on the face of it surprising.
  • Options
    got the result len but were at times outplayed in midfield my dad said.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]got the result len but were at times outplayed in midfield my dad said.

consequence of 4-4-2 with two wingers perhaps?
  • Options
    Elliot - 6.5 couple of good saves in 1st half
    Omozuzi - 4.5 just doesn't have the abilty to close down a tricky winger
    Dailly - 8 defensive king pin
    Sodje - 7.5, good goal just a pity some of his defensive headers out went to the opposition
    Basey - 5 good corner delivery, like Omo got beaten by a tricky winger
    Sam - 6 had good moments but needs a supportive FB
    Bailey -7.5 was everywhere, did some very good defensive work
    Semedo -7 some passes misplaced which could have caused us problems
    Wagstaff - 6 light weight but took his goal very well
    Burton - 7 good hold up play
    Mooney - 6 missed some good chances but made some good runs

A.Sodje - 6 made one lovely thru pass, fell over a bit
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Omozuzi - 5
    Dailly - 7
    Sodje - 8
    Basey - 5
    Sam - 6
    Bailey - 7
    Semedo - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Burton - 6
    Mooney - 6

A.Sodje - 5
  • Options
    Elliot - 6 - Did most of what he had to. Unlucky with the goal.
    Omozuzi - 6 - Battled hard for the team. Feel a bit sorry for him. Doesn't deserve the stick he gets.
    Dailly - 8 - Really solid display. Hardly missed a thing.
    Sodje - 8 - Great influence, cool under pressure and a well taken goal.
    Basey - 7 - Got skinned once but generally defended well. Was as impressive as anyone going forward.
    Sam - 6 - Not one of Lloyd's better games. Difficult conditions for his style. Missed a good chance to make it 2-0.
    Bailey - 8.5 - Played a captain's role as usual. More of a defensive role during this match. Covered more ground than anyone and got thumped for his trouble!
    Semedo - 7.5 - Hard and solid. Good covering when we were sitting deep (too often unfortunately).
    Wagstaff - 6.5 - Difficult conditions for Waggy. Made a couple of good runs. Great finish for his goal though. Had to be as Stockport keeper had a blinder.
    Burton - 6.5 - Worked hard but not a lot going for him. Ball was getting bogged down in the mud. Keeper made a great save from his best chance.
    Mooney - 7 - Fustrating game for Mooney. Could easily have had a hat-trick but never gave up running and great pass for Waggy's goal.

A.Sodje - 6 - Didn't really have time or chance to do much. Defenders knew he was there though. First touch let him down for his one and only chance.

Team effort - 9- Great spirit and battling performance. Much more important than individual performances in a match like this!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Elliot - 8 ulucky with the goal but made a stunning one handed save just after they hit the bar
    Omozuzi - 7 looked a lot more confident, getting match fit and sharp, more to come perhaps
    Dailly - 8 solid
    Sodje - 8 reliable and a goalscorer
    Basey - 7 took a mistimed kick in the nuts from Poole and didn't bottle it. Vulnerable to a bit of pace
    Sam - 7 frustrating appeared to be off the pace at times
    Bailey - 7 solid
    Semedo - 8 never stopped closing down
    Wagstaff - 7 fantastic engine, doens't shirk a tackle
    Burton - 7.5 intelligent as ever
    Mooney - 7.5 pulls the back four apart with his runs we need to exploit the space created

A.Sodje 6 anonymous

Team effort 9 we just don't buckle
  • Options
    Elliot - 6.5 Love the guy, made a great save and unlucky to concede the goal
    Omozusi - 6.5 Linked up well with sam a few times and is improving, but on a few occasions got done.
    Dailly - 8 Superb
    Sodje - 8 Cant remember him not winning a header
    Basey - 6.5 Pretty much the same as Omo, and got more into the game after getting a kick in the nads!
    Sam - 6.5 Great first half, poor start to the 2nd, but got brighter again at the end.
    Bailey - 7 Solid as ever
    Semedo - 7 Great partnership forming with Bailey
    Wagstaff - 7 Very determined and great finish for the goal
    Burton - 6.5 surprised he got subbed, hes a superb target man
    Mooney - 7 Could have scored a hat-trick, but other parts of his game make up for it, key part of the build up to Waggy's goal

A.Sodje - 6
  • Options
    Elliot - 4
    Omozuzi - 6.5
    Dailly - 7
    Sodje - 7
    Basey - 6
    Sam - 6.5
    Bailey - 7.5
    Semedo - 6
    Wagstaff - 6.5
    Burton - 6
    Mooney - 6

A.Sodje - 5
  • Options
    JTJT
    edited December 2009
    [cite]Posted By: Latimer[/cite]Elliot - 8 ulucky with the goal but made a stunning one handed save just after they hit the bar

[cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]Elliot - 4

Watching the same game?
  • Options
    i'm not as easily pleased as some JT .... look at the bbc highlights .... one great save which was after his unconvincing attempt to clear the ball after it bounces off the bar and well as for the goal , oh it doesn't matter we won .............
  • Options
    Fair enough, can't really make judgement on the highlights but was he worthy of a 4?!
  • Options
    Elliot - 6
    Omozuzi - 6
    Dailly - 7
    Sodje - 7.5
    Basey - 7.5
    Sam - 6
    Bailey - 8
    Semedo - 7
    Wagstaff - 8.5
    Burton - 6.5
    Mooney - 6
  • Options
    Watched highlights and feel elliott ratings are a tad harsh he was impeded and actually held down for the terrible clearance oohah! Agree r.e the goal but not sure it crossed the line! :o)
  • Options
    100% crossed the line, I was level with it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]100% crossed the line, I was level with it.

oh you must have been in an executive box then!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shh Wss shhhh!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]100% crossed the line, I was level with it.

oh you must have been in an executive box then!!
    Funny you should say that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    Omozuzi - 6.5 Decent enough game, nothing right or wrong really.
    Basey - 6.5 Looks for the long ball too often in my opinion but did well against their tricky winger Poole.
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]
    Omozuzi - 4.5 just doesn't have the abilty to close down a tricky winger
    Basey - 5 good corner delivery, like Omo got beaten by a tricky winger

This is why i love football. 2 totally different opinions of the same players performance!
  • Options
    So did our fullbacks actually do their jobs more or less ok, with 6.5 points?

Or were they really poor, as 5 points or less would suggest?
  • Options
    Elliot - 7 Perhaps could have done better with the goal. IMO fouled after the shot hit the bar, but did well to recover and make the save

Omozuzi - 6.5 Improving with games. V athletic, positioning is getting better and has a knack of just nipping in between to clear

Dailly - 8 Composed, never missed a header

Sodje - 8 Again, never missed a header, scored again and always a threat in oppositions box and commanding in our own

Basey - 7 Opinion seems divided but I like him. Gives a bit more presence at the back, not the fastest so will be caught out at times, but improving in 1 on 1 defending, which showed a few times in 1st half especially. Great left foot, and great delivery at set pieces.

Sam - 6 Didn't really get into the game much. Pitch wasn't best for his sort of game.

Bailey - 7.5 Started very well, and looked a step above. Then Stockport came into it more and wasn't as effective. Later in the game stepped it up again.

Semedo - 7.5 Always there for a tackle. I'm not sure we'll be outbattled by many teams with Semedo and Bailey in CM.

Wagstaff - 7 Runs all day, and improving. Confidence growing. Great finish especially after missing the earlier chance.

Burton - 7 Looks v good at this level, hold up play was excellent.

Mooney - 7 Missed a few chances. Thought he was having an off game, then realised that most good things involved him. Great first time ball for Waggy's goal.

A.Sodje 5.5 Didn't get the ball under control once

MOM probably Sodje S
  • Options
    I thought they did their bit and got stuck in with the rest of them when needed. Basey did more going forward though. A few unnecessary boos from some of our 'loyal' supporters when Omi 's name was read out when the team was announced.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]I thought they did their bit and got stuck in with the rest of them when needed. Basey did more going forward though. A few unnecessary boos from some of our 'loyal' supporters when Omi 's name was read out when the team was announced.

Thanks, Chaz. Good to know both our fullbacks actually played reasonably effectively, despite being heavily marked down by a minority of posters. I suppose give a dog a bad name and all that - and his actual performance isn't realistically taken into account?

Your final sentence .....why do supporters do that ....?

I know they " .....pay their money and are entitled to slag off anybody on whim, blah blah" ......but why boo a player fragile on confidence before he's even kicked a ball?

I suppose better to give a dog a bad name than to actually get behind him .......?
  • Options
    Really felt for the lad Oggy. In the warm up - our players were within touching distance - Omozuzi smiled along with the fan/player banter but looked a bit nervous about it all. Still obviously feels a bit of an outsider. Personally, I hope we sign him. He's shown he is up for a battle and can only get better as he settles in.
  • Options
    The booing was from about a dozen or so young lads who'd had a few and was probably more a bit of "fun" than anything else. I'd read nothing into it whatsoever.
  • Options
    Got in for £10 thanks to a 2nd hand comp sold to me by a scally who was one of Luke Holden's mates who told me that he will sign a permenant contract for us in Jan and then be loaned out to Bury for the rest of the season.

Elliot - 6 great save at the end of the first half, nightmare for thier goal
    Omozuzi - 5.He and sam never linked up and posostionally looked suspect from set peices
    Dailly -7 No obvious errors and made some decent passes from defence
    Sodje - 7 Well taken Goal
    Basey - 6 Shouted his head off all game and linked up well with Waggy
    Sam - 5- missed a sitter played poorley
    Bailey - 6- played unusally deep given Semedo was back along side
    Semedo - 7 mopped up well - very strong-
    Wagstaff - 7 - good pace , good goal, overall very exciting
    Burton - 7 - looked class b4 being subbed
    Mooney - 8 - MOM for missed an hatfull but his strength and awareness got him in those positions, never dropped his head and took armage from the fact parks left him on when akpo came on and had a great hand the 2nd goal.

A.Sodje -